Crowded in Jomtien?

55Jay

Heard some spoken Russian but right, it wasn't as overwhelming as I remembered during visits to Patts a few years ago.  Ruble, etc...

This was the first time I/we've spent any significant amount of time in Jomtien - usually just a drive by visit to the salon my wife's sister runs adjacent that funky traffic circle/round-about on Second Road (or whatever you call it). 

Riding my rented bike up and down beach road/boardwalk though, hard to escape the gritty, foul odors wafting up out of the storm drains and/or the large, putrid rubbish bins.  Just not very attractive or inviting.  Never stepped foot onto the beach or in the water. 

Funny thing, first afternoon riding around on the bike, I made my way up and past the big police station and kept going (NW I suppose) along the boardwalk, just to see where it went.  It was actually pretty nice along there and I casually noticed a Thai male giving a Speedo-clad farang male a massage on the beach,  but it didn't register.  Kept going, saw another, then another and wondered what the deal was.... usually females doing this job?  Then it hit me, it was a gay beach (Duh!) and right after that realization, I passed Rabbit Resort's boardwalk cafe'.... ah yes...remember reading about that.  Dogtarn Beach.  LOL.

Reminded me of Hillcrest in San Diego.... me walking along one evening in the mid-90's with my girlfriend at the time, heard a cat call from across the street.  Stupid me assumed it was for my GF, who was shapely and attractive.  She looked at me, laughed, and said "No, dummy, that was for YOU!"  :lol: 

Anyway, it's all good, made a mental note to return there with the Mrs for lunch/dinner/drinks next time or better yet, stay at Rabbit Resort instead of further down in Jomtien. 

Edited by 55Jay