Thai granddad's final request - tells uncaring family to b**ger off!

webfact

Thai granddad's final request - tells uncaring family to b**ger off!

5a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PRACHINBURI: -- A Thai granddad who lived and died alone and says he got no support from his family has left a final message in no uncertain terms.

He said if he died under no circumstances should his body be given to his children and taken to a temple. And in his final wishes he hoped that his miserable children would be "bitten by snakes, have road accidents and get struck by lightning", reports Thairath.

One person did seem to care about Wijit Petchbang who was 76. She was his granddaughter Sri Petchbang, 22, who went to visit him yesterday to give him New Year greetings.

But when she got to the house in Sri Maha Pho district of Prajinburi, where Wijit lived all alone, there was a ghastly smell and she found him lying dead in a walkway outside.

Police thought he had been dead at least a week. No one usually visited him, they said.

Inside they found his last requests written in his own hand.

The note said: "To all concerned......if I die give my body to a "sian" (wizard) to sort it out. Don't take me to a temple on any account. If anyone takes my body to the temple may you be cursed forever in this life and subsequent lives.

"I was ill - no one came to look after me. Do not release my body to any child of mine or any relative".

Then directly addressing his family he said: "If you leave your house I hope you are bitten by snakes. If you drive I hope you have a road accident. When it rains I hope you are struck by lightning. Any money I have from insurance donate to the temple.

"There is not a single baht for you lot," were his final words to his family.

Police think Wijit probably fell down and died due to old age but his body has been sent for autopsy all the same.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-04

Was his personality and habits that obnoxious that all his relatives and friends kept their distance?

His bitterness seems to support this conclusion. Apparently, he was not visited by the ghosts of Xmas past, present and future...

Some people do prefer their own company

no neighbor's ' to speak of in the story, 

Would offer my services to smoke out the spirt

but just maybe grandad was correct in his assessment of his immediate family.

I'm no expert no dying, but they say that you reap what you saw, if you decided

to live alone in far away place and hardly keep in touch with other family members

or the community you live in so when you die, don't be surprised and bitter

if this is the outcome....

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Then directly addressing his family he said: "If you leave your house I hope you are bitten by snakes. If you drive I hope you have a road accident. When it rains I hope you are struck by lightning. Any money I have from insurance donate to the temple.

Sounds like a lovely fella. 

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

dysfunctional family?

Normal family. In the West there are millions of OAP's who are alone, In Japan (or was it S. Korea) the government forces people to visit their ageing parents. Other people can be hell at the best of times especially, when like me, they are old.

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Why not? dying is a personal matter, like sex. I wouldn't want to be surrounded by family when i take my last tortured breaths, splendid isolation with dignity.

The best post yet...

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Sounds like a lovely fella. 

Probably was a nice fella, maybe he  didn't need anyone in he's younger days, but as you get old and tired some like to have a chat, granddad probably got in the way of social media.

24 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Probably was a nice fella, maybe he  didn't need anyone in he's younger days, but as you get old and tired some like to have a chat, granddad probably got in the way of social media.

Possibly but his dying message comes across as harsh and bitter.

Maybe he had good reason to be angry or maybe the reason he was left alone was because of his anger.

Let's face it, we don't know.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

No one should ever die alone.

EVERYONE dies alone!  It's not possible to die any other way. It's just not a team sport, even if you happen to die at the same time and from the same cause as a hundred others. You can have people watching or holding your hand or crying over you, but you WILL die alone.  What you DON'T have to do is to necessarily spend your last days & hours alone, as this chap apparently did.  And THAT, from what we read, was the reason for his bitterness.  Maybe he did drive people away, or maybe they were more interested in his legacy than they were in him and that's what made him bitter.  It's a sad story.  Can't we just leave it at that?

Edited by hawker9000

I got my spot in the wall at the wat next to my wife's spot.  I call it a spot but it probably has a proper name in Thai.  Everyone in the family has a spot.   It was only 5000baht......which maybe why the monks said it would be OK for a godless farang to be in an urn in a Buddhist wall!

But I don't plan on taking up residence in my spot anytime soon! 

Sad indeed. Very un thai to not look after the elderly.  Not knowing his situation with his family too bad he had to die with all that resentment in his heart.

Elderly people can get difficult.

Watched a interview with Jerry Louis who is in his 90's. Talk about a miserable old man. He would only give one word answers and was very curt.

I could only watch half of it.