RESIDENCY Form needed for visa extension?

I was reading  posting that indicated if i want to extend my original 30 day tourist visa another 30 days, one of the forms required is a form to be signed by my landlord, property owner, etc. I live pretty much hotel to hotel. moving every few days looking for the perfect abode. (No luck so far.) I doubt the staff will sign anything here at the hotel I am at now as they are the rudest people.  Has anyone else ever been in this predicament an how did they solve it/  Thanks

I did visa extension twice in the last couple of months. Also travelling around before make extensions.

When i checked in at hotel, i told please to inform immigration, because the following day i would go to apply for visa extension. One hotel in Ayutthaya did it soon on my check in day and everything at immi goes without any problems. The other hotel in Kanchanaburi dont registered me and the Kan immi phoned to the hotel to confirm my stay, and i had to wait, till they registered me online. All in all extra wasted waiting time about 30 minuts more.

Called Form TM-30. I did at Thai Immigration, Promenada Mall in Chiang Mai, Thailand today.

If you go in person you need your landlord with you.

It is an old law from 1979, not enforced for 30 years.

Hardly anyone know of the law BUT Ignorance Of The Law Is No Excuse.

Please pay the 1600 Baht fine.

Law contains 1600 Baht fine to property owner if residency is not reported in 24 hours.

New enforcement of law is about the money in the fines. Almost everyone gets the fine.

I have been at 4 residences in 2 years, this is first time my landlord reported.

In USA renewal of law would have 2 year informational waiting period.

BUT Toto, We're not in Kansas anymore. We're in Thailand now.

Edited by themerg

I can only speak for Immigration Chonburi (Jomtien). A 3bb invoice was sufficient. Then I got a receipt of notification in to my passport. When I went there again for another Extension, I was told, not needed since i got the receipt already.

6 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

I did visa extension twice in the last couple of months. Also travelling around before make extensions.

When i checked in at hotel, i told please to inform immigration, because the following day i would go to apply for visa extension. One hotel in Ayutthaya did it soon on my check in day and everything at immi goes without any problems. The other hotel in Kanchanaburi dont registered me and the Kan immi phoned to the hotel to confirm my stay, and i had to wait, till they registered me online. All in all extra wasted waiting time about 30 minuts more.

Wow wasted 30 mins more waiting time.

Wot a disaster for u.

edwarda909, Apparently, Not all immigration offices need a notification of address.Where are you ? I know that Jomtien / Pattaya require it as I've been there 2 weeks ago. About your hotel. Do you have a paid hotel bill/  receipt ? You should always ask for one to prove you have paid !  If you have one,  go with  this bill, passport, photocopies of passport , arrival card, arrival stamp in  passport and your hotel address and your own telephone number, and this should be ok  for them.You then get a receipt that you must give them with your papers when you ask for the extension.

7 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

Some waits half a day or even longer for an extension of stay...:whistling:

5 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Had a request what is needed to get 60 day extension on multi non o based on marriage ie form and documents 

Your wife will need to be with you when your apply.

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book registry and ID card.

Money to pay the 1900 baht fee.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife will need to be with you when your apply.

Completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book registry and ID card.

Money to pay the 1900 baht fee.

Does he need photocopies of passport and visa and departure card?

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

I assumed that would be understood as being needed for all extension applications.

Sorry I had no idea don't do them this is his first time. One last question it's due on 27th Jan he goes away for holiday within thailand on Tuesday 10th next week for three weeks can he do it on monday 9th or is it to early

On 1/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

Whether you need to have your presence reported by a hotel depends upon which immigration office you apply at. Where you at now?

Many hotels do the reporting online.

How about Chiang Mai? I haven't done an extension in CM for a while. I heard that there are now two imm offices in CM. Are extensions still done at the office near the airport? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, cdaobliss said:

How about Chiang Mai? I haven't done an extension in CM for a while. I heard that there are now two imm offices in CM. Are extensions still done at the office near the airport? Thanks.

Yes they will want a TM30 done.

The office is located at Prominada mall where you will apply for the extension.

48 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Sorry I had no idea don't do them this is his first time. One last question it's due on 27th Jan he goes away for holiday within thailand on Tuesday 10th next week for three weeks can he do it on monday 9th or is it to early

They should do it that early.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they will want a TM30 done.

The office is located at Prominada mall where you will apply for the extension.

OK, thanks. Do you know if that is a same day service? The old immigration office near the airport was so busy that they would often tell you to come back the next day. Had to queue up at 5am to guarantee being seen.

Also, the last time I did an extension, I gave a different address (at a different office) to the address I will give at Chiang Mai. Do I need to provide some kind of 'change of address' form? Or will the TM-30 suffice? Thanks again.

26 minutes ago, cdaobliss said:

OK, thanks. Do you know if that is a same day service? The old immigration office near the airport was so busy that they would often tell you to come back the next day. Had to queue up at 5am to guarantee being seen.

Also, the last time I did an extension, I gave a different address (at a different office) to the address I will give at Chiang Mai. Do I need to provide some kind of 'change of address' form? Or will the TM-30 suffice? Thanks again.

Same day service.

I need to know what type of visa you are applying for to answer the question about an address change. If on a long stay extension it would be needed.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for a change of address form. Just a TM30.

For extensions of tourist visa entries there is no need to be there at the crack of dawn.

OK, great info. Cheers, Joe.

After this extension, my METV will finish. I received the visa last time from a consulate where the requirements weren't as stringent as the embassies; that situation has changed now, so next time I will be back to single entry visas. So, I have another query about extensions for future reference:

I'm curious about some of the wording onthe TM-30. It states 'MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE

RESIDENCE'. So, if and when the department checks with the residence, do they want to see that I have been at the address from

the time I entered Thailand? Or within 24 hours of applying for the extension? Or is it a case of being ambiguously worded and they just want to see that I am, or have been, at that address since I arrived in Thailand?

I'm assuming also, that a change of address form would be required, if providing a different address after consecutive single entry visas. I plan to move around Thailand more in the coming year, so I would like to be clear about this.

Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, cdaobliss said:

OK, great info. Cheers, Joe.

After this extension, my METV will finish. I received the visa last time from a consulate where the requirements weren't as stringent as the embassies; that situation has changed now, so next time I will be back to single entry visas. So, I have another query about extensions for future reference:

I'm curious about some of the wording onthe TM-30. It states 'MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE

RESIDENCE'. So, if and when the department checks with the residence, do they want to see that I have been at the address from

the time I entered Thailand? Or within 24 hours of applying for the extension? Or is it a case of being ambiguously worded and they just want to see that I am, or have been, at that address since I arrived in Thailand?

I'm assuming also, that a change of address form would be required, if providing a different address after consecutive single entry visas. I plan to move around Thailand more in the coming year, so I would like to be clear about this.

Thanks again.

Have you done the last entry on your METV. You can do an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and get another 60 day entry.

You can put down the date before as your arrival date on form. If you staying a hotel they may of already done the report.

A change of address form is normally only needed if you are getting 90 day or one year extensions since you would be changing your permanent address.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you done the last entry on your METV. You can do an entry on or before the enter before date on the visa and get another 60 day entry.

You can put down the date before as your arrival date on form. If you staying a hotel they may of already done the report.

A change of address form is normally only needed if you are getting 90 day or one year extensions since you would be changing your permanent address.

Yes, I have done the final entry just before the expiry of the visa. I assume I am OK to then extend that 60 days by another 30 days (including a TM-30). Is that right?

OK, so the extension on the single entry sounds simple enough.