Video: Tour bus driver fined 5,000 baht for reckless driving

webfact

Video: Tour bus driver fined 5,000 baht for reckless driving

6p.jpg

Picture: Daily News

LAMPANG: -- A tour bus driver caught on a dash cam driving on the wrong side of the road in Lampang has been fined 5,000 baht.

The driver nearly collided head on with another vehicle that had to veer to the far left and stop suddenly to avoid certain death, reports Daily News.

There were 40 passengers on the bus. The driver said that he was trying to catch up with other vehicles in the convoy.

The Lampang department of land transport interviewed driver Thanawa Nasuriwong yesterday after the incident on Route 103 in the Ngao district of the northern Thai province. It happened on December 30th.

Thanawa, 24, said that he was one of 18 buses in a convoy driving from Phayao to Bangkok. He was tenth in the convoy and had lost his place and was racing to catch up.

He was fined 5,000 baht and told that if he does it again they would take his license away.

Footage was posted on the Facebook page of Jakaphong Seniwonse Na Ayutdhya.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-04

FAR too little too late.

Massive fines and lengthy jail time is the only way to stop these scum and arrseholes risking innocent people's lives. But then again.................

nothing

will

be

done

didnt they just announce to shift people from mini vans to buses after the chonburi incident?

I mean I would never sit in a bus outside of Bangkok - but it seems even many farangs do not care. Cheap and fast - yeahhhh...

Excellent preventative driving measures by this small car driver. I've rewinded the videos several times, and really have to give the thumbs up to this driver. At first awareness, he immediately made ways to secure his own life, no hesitation or provocation. Any second later, this would have been a tragic accident. The bus driver on the other hand, did no remorse or shame to even slow down, or even a short honk of appreciation. Arrogantly claiming the road as if it was rightfully his.

What a pathetic excuse given by a childish driver, for endangering multiple lives!

And what a pathetic penalty. Yank his license now, and jail him for attempted vehicular homicide. Let THAT send a message.

On a more comforting note, I feel safer already, hearing the government's intention to reduce the number of vans and load all the victims onto these larger weapons of mass destruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

FAR too little too late.

Massive fines and lengthy jail time is the only way to stop these scum and arrseholes risking innocent people's lives. But then again.................

nothing

will

be

done

Of course he will do it again you muppets

I have a personal Thai friend who has just been hired to drive one of these large tour buses.

He's 30 years old and has never driven anything larger than a pickup. Got the job through "connections."

His training consisted of getting a smart-looking uniform and being handed the keys.

He's tickled and I'm speechless.

5 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

I have a personal Thai friend who has just been hired to drive one of these large tour buses.

He's 30 years old and has never driven anything larger than a pickup. Got the job through "connections."

His training consisted of getting a smart-looking uniform and being handed the keys.

Try to remember the good times after he is gone

The government, the transport ministry, and the police could not possibly be less serious about reducing the number of accidents, and improving traffic safety. They do not care. Their level of apathy is scary, and astonishing. Shame on them. 

There is so much that could be done, if only they cared about the masses, which they do not. Start by imposing massive fines, confiscating vehicles, and fining, and jailing both the drivers, and the owners of the companies. Safety would improve overnight. Will it happen? No. Why not? Not only do they not care, but their mission statement is to protect the rich, powerful, and influential. Those are the owners of these companies. They are the untouchables. They are above the law. And and all laws. 

So, keep jawboning about improving safety, and cracking down. We see right through your pack of lies. 

These are the real madmen on the streets.
100% Unable to drive a vehicle.
Withdrawal of the license to drive ever again a bus on lifetime should be the minimum penalty.
Fortunately, the car driver was able to avoid the front collision, and that no children have played on the roadside.
Such idiots are allowed to drive a bus with 40 passengers.
Incomprehensible!

5000 baht this is no deterrent to someone with only one small cell for a brain he should have been barred for driving for at least 10 years because the next time he does it will be a sure disaster as the small car this time might be a lorry next time and we all know what would happen to his 40 passenger’s no whip round with the hat at the end of the trip, just some undertaker rubbing his hands together.     

47 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

isn't there a special and tougher driving test for potential bus drivers?

3 hours ago, JacChang said:

Excellent preventative driving measures by this small car driver. I've rewinded the videos several times, and really have to give the thumbs up to this driver. At first awareness, he immediately made ways to secure his own life, no hesitation or provocation. Any second later, this would have been a tragic accident. The bus driver on the other hand, did no remorse or shame to even slow down, or even a short honk of appreciation. Arrogantly claiming the road as if it was rightfully his.

Everyone in Thailand should have that frame of mind when driving. I.e. always be ready for the next driver to make an idiotic manoeuvre and very rarely do they disappoint

This driving behavior fulfills the criminal offense of an attempted negligent manslaughter.
Why is not his bus driver's license withdrawn immediately?
Just such irresponsible, brainless drivers cause the accidents with many deaths and serious injuries on the streets of Thailand.
That this driver can continue to drive a bus with passengers.
Madness pur.

Edited by tomacht8

... He was fined 5,000 baht and told that if he does it again they would take his license away.

Do not worry.
Nexttime, if he does it again , he will only be a bloody mud.
And will unfortunately tear many innocent people into death.

The department of land transport is not able to understand, that there are people out there, which are mentally unable to drive a vehicle or bus with passengers safely in the traffic.
The fact that this driver is allowed to drive a bus again , is just an incredibly stupid decision.

Edited by tomacht8

Don't get me wrong but I've come across this very same situation many many times already. The bigger one rules - and across the Mekong river in Laos such coaches are appropriately marked with "King of Bus". 
Such people need to get reprimanded in jail and should never ever be allowed to drive a public vehicle. Only then it might sink in - most likely not though ........ 

You see these stupid convoys all the time everywhere in Thailand, often with a stupid police car in front with all it's lights blinking, a road hazard for everyone else on the road, usually taking the fast lane so everyone have a hell of a time to overtake them. What is so damned important about staying in the convoy position? Stupidity.

He was fined 5,000 baht and told that if he does it again they would take his license away.

It's a bit like saying, ok your tyres are bald so go pick up your passengers & drive slowly... promise to change them soon!

With the video evidence they should have fined him and taken his licence away for a year!

Thailand will never change unless the message from the top says it's got to change!

Most want to blame the driver/s. Understandable - but the ones who should be first in the firing  for fines/revocation of licences to operate are the bus companies management/owners. Are the drivers required to perform to unrealistic schedules/expectations, what training do they receive etc.? Posters please spare me that trite "that'll never happen here" platitudes -  but this is not simply a bus driver issue.