Immigration - Chiang Mai, which one is open?

Generalchaos

Anyone know if the airport office is open again? I need to travel down to get a reprint of my 90 day report as it seems the fools somewhere down the line have lost it again.

Last I heard the airport office was closed and everything went via the Promenada.

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, harness said:

Well.......Is the airport office open again or not

Although perhaps not 100% clear, it would help if you read either the first two posts of this thread or other clearer Immigration threads.  Hopefully you can follow this:  (1) the old Immigration office near the airport is closed (and allegedly will remain closed until the new construction is completed sometime between early 2018 and never) and (2)  all services are currently being handled only at the Promenada Immigration offices. 

Promenada is a hassle to get to, but at least you can get served in a couple of hours and not have to wait all day. Nor do you need to be there at 5 am in the queue to be sure of being served that day. I remember being there at 11 am and left immediately after the lunch break at 1 pm. Will the new building at the airport be any different; remains to be seen?

47 minutes ago, William C F Pierce said:

Promenada is a hassle to get to, but at least you can get served in a couple of hours and not have to wait all day. Nor do you need to be there at 5 am in the queue to be sure of being served that day. I remember being there at 11 am and left immediately after the lunch break at 1 pm. Will the new building at the airport be any different; remains to be seen?

You didnt read my report of my experience at Promenada last week then (in the Promenada thread) 90 day reporters were queuing 15 minutes after me.....at 5.30am.

I was i the marriage extension queue, retirement queue started prior to 5am

and its only a hassle to get to if you live in the wrong place; I think its dead easy to get to.