Motorbike Crash - 1 Dead 2 Seriously Injured In Pattaya

webfact

Motorbike Crash – 1 Dead 2 Seriously Injured

By Danny Boy 

3-motorbike-crash.jpg?fit=784,522

Fatal Motorbike Crash claims the life of one and leaves 2 more with serious injuries.

PATTAYA: -- At 4am on January 7th, police and emergency services were called to the scene of another motorbike crash. The location was on Sukhumvit road, around central Pattaya.

At the scene police found 3 motorbikes scattered across the road, and the dead body of a Thai male, aged 32. Blood was still rushing from the victim’s head, which was wide open, and took emergency services some time to eventually be able to move the body.

The other 2 victims from the accident had already been taken to hospital by the time police and emergency services had arrived, and were both fighting for survival with serious injuries.

Police spoke to one eye witness to the crash, who stated that he had been driving behind the 3 motorbikes in his car. They seemed to be driving normally, but then suddenly starting speeding up for no apparent reason. The witness said that they may have decided to start racing, as there was very little traffic ahead.

It is still not clear what caused them to lose control of the motorbikes, although police are putting it down to them simply driving too fast. The road around the area is not yet complete and they may have ran into to some loose debris.

Full story: http://pattayaone.news/en/1-dead-2-seriously-injured/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-01-09

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It is still not clear what caused them to lose control of the motorbikes, although police are putting it down to them simply driving too fast. The road around the area is not yet complete and they may have ran into to some loose debris.

The road is crap in that area due to construction of the tunnel. Yes, probably driving too fast for the conditions but also the authorities are at fault as the road is not maintained or cleared of debris. And this is the main road through Pato.

4 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

The road is crap in that area due to construction of the tunnel. Yes, probably driving too fast for the conditions but also the authorities are at fault as the road is not maintained or cleared of debris. And this is the main road through Pato.

You are right

But you need to Drive / Ride to the conditions of the road your on.

Authorities,   Amulets and Luck wont help for long.

Drive / Ride safe,   not dumb,  Stupid, like so many do in Thailand.

There is organised motorbike racing near us almost every night. The police attend maybe 1 in 3 calls to inform them and complain, recently we were told to stop phoning and live with it.

At the point of sounding heartless, until attitudes of the authorities and the usually unhelmeted participants changes the carnage will continue, another night in Thailand.

36 minutes ago, trogers said:

The crash helmet didn't protect?

Many Thais uses their head as crash helmet, especially when no police around.

They seems to be hating using a helmet for some reason and then racing at 4a.m., say no more.

37 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

You are right

But you need to Drive / Ride to the conditions of the road your on.

Authorities,   Amulets and Luck wont help for long.

Drive / Ride safe,   not dumb,  Stupid, like so many do in Thailand.

i tototally agree with you, but some times the condition of the road takes you by surprise. Not in this case (maybe if the road was in better condition they could've controlled the bikes but they shouldn't have been been drving that fast) , but  there are sections of Suk going towards Sattahip that while the road is good there is 1cm deep of sand sitting in the verge where the bikes go; touch the brakes and you are sliding (i have seen it several times).

I am guessing this is the area of the tunnel construction where resurfacing is going on.

It is still not clear what caused them to lose control of the motorbikes,

Then they should try riding a motorcycle along this route both north and southbound and it should be apparent.

The other day a woman on a motorbike oulled out of a sideroad right in front of me ,she was looking so had seen me ,how i missed her god alone knows , now the wife is Thai and learnt to drive in the UK , i said to her "why do Thai drivers drive like that " along with a few well chosen swearwords ,  " because most are stupid ,and have no brains" now that from another Thai ,just about sums it up .

Last night at midnight Motor bike riders no helmets 3 to a bike going past our house Some were even on the phone Some had no lights on Some even drove up the wrong side of the road They might as well hang a sign around there necks Please kill me i not afraid to die

5 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

i tototally agree with you, but some times the condition of the road takes you by surprise. Not in this case (maybe if the road was in better condition they could've controlled the bikes but they shouldn't have been been drving that fast) , but  there are sections of Suk going towards Sattahip that while the road is good there is 1cm deep of sand sitting in the verge where the bikes go; touch the brakes and you are sliding (i have seen it several times).

I have seen some really bad stuff for road conditions and reported it to cops and of course nothing was done. This was during my first 6 months here, now I know better than to waste my time.

48 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Last night at midnight Motor bike riders no helmets 3 to a bike going past our house Some were even on the phone Some had no lights on Some even drove up the wrong side of the road They might as well hang a sign around there necks Please kill me i not afraid to die

just back from lunch today i was waiting at the traffic lights on Suk in a small town. The lights went green, i could see a bike running the lights on my right. Normally i sit and wait. It were so far away i had enough time to think about letting them through or not, i took off and still had plenty of time to safely go past before it got to my side of the road. Not only was she running the red light, she was driving up the wrong side of Suk to do it (there is no side road there; the T was on my left), 3 people on the bike and not one of them wearing helmets.  She beeped the horn at me for getting in her way as she meandered across 6 lanes!  The police station is right on the corner and has a grand view of people doing that every 5 minutes. Sometimes i don't know whether to laugh or cry in Thailand; usually i just shake my head in bewilderment at what a wonderful, crazy place it is!

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

4AM.....speed and probably Booz,

a deadly combination 

Yes. Isn't it predictable that most accidents happen between midnight and dawn.

Or is that just me jumping to conclusions?  

i would like to see some ambitious university student gather up the details of motorbike crashes and plot the time of the accident on a 24 hour graph.

A second graph with  YES/NO -  might confirm what we know about fatalities and wearing/not wearing helmets  !

What do you think we'd see ?

And would it make any difference ?

7 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Many Thais uses their head as crash helmet, especially when no police around.

They seems to be hating using a helmet for some reason and then racing at 4a.m., say no more.

Don't u know?  It's the image  factor. ???

Edited by Sooo Upto Me
Not finished

2 hours ago, fish monger said:

Blood was still rushing from the victims head..... I really needed to know that...<deleted>...!

Yes,   if you were present

It may well have had ,    6 lottery numbers spelt out in it.

After all ,  that's all people  on the roads care about in Thailand.

Me Me Me and more Me.

Amazing Thailand .  :thumbsup: