Christmas: What Are You Up To?

toptuan

TV Members' Whereabouts at Christmas  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just another work day in the Thai school system for some of us. Bypassing teaching kids carols this year: can't stand to hear another carol sung with a Thai accent. :o

Khun Rudolph the red Nosed reindeer, kap.

Umm, yea, best not.

Staying at home and having another Chrissie by the pool!

As I'm Norwegian I will bring my family to the Norwegian sailors church in Pattaya, for a trad. Norwegian xmas dinner followed by a visit by santa. later on I'll get pissed on aquavite shots and beer, Norwegian style :o

We will be in the UK for Xmas, and it is going to be extra special. This is the first Xmas with our little lad :D also got my mum and dad and my sister and her other half coming, so should be a good day i reckon :D

The only way it could be better was if someone else volunteered to cook, instead of leaving it to me. Its just a shame burger king isn't open on Xmas day :o

We will be in the UK for Xmas, and it is going to be extra special. This is the first Xmas with our little lad :D also got my mum and dad and my sister and her other half coming, so should be a good day i reckon :D

The only way it could be better was if someone else volunteered to cook, instead of leaving it to me. Its just a shame burger king isn't open on Xmas day :o

just order it from sainsburys, waitrose or from M&S...happy Christmas to one and all...

just order it from sainsburys, waitrose or from M&S...happy Christmas to one and all...

Cheers tutsi, happy xmas to you and yours as well :D

I am having the food delivered, but unfortunately it still has to be roasted, boiled and cooked by someone, and not blowing my own trumpet, but i do cook the best roast dinners anyone has ever eaten, so because of my culinary prowess i have to cook :D

Mabey some of you guys can relate to this.

I was feeling a lil bumed out a while back thinking of Christmas this year. It used to be Grandma's house was the place to be. I would sit on the couch next to grandad in his favorite chair, and I would laugh with him as he would talk about girls or times long gone. My aunt would be playing her OLD original Jackson 5 Christmas Album. Her young children my cousins running around chasing the cats giggleing trying to figure out what was for them all wrapped up under the tree. And the Smell of Grandma's Cooking! Aww man..what I would give just to smell that heavy spiced turkey aroma mixed with the sweet smell of Ham and freshly baked sweet potatoe pies.....

Miss thouse days.

My grandparents both passed on last year, my lil cousins are in college, and nothing is left but the old Jackson 5 record. (NO I am not going to EBAY the record :o)

So I was talkin to my Dad and I explained how I felt and he said...."Well thats life son, now you just gotta make your own Tradditons!"

And while it wasn't particularly comforting at the time, I later began to realise what a wonderful opportunity that it was. Christmas in Thailand! I will be with my new family members (my fiance's people) At their place outside of BKK. I'll bit sitting on the couch with both Dad's (I'm flying mine in from the States) Talking about girls and Old times. The difference I'll probably be watching Thai Boxing and not frosty the Snow man, and the TV is Plasma and not our old floor model. My new cousins nong gip and nong ploy will be running around playing and jumping on my lap saying "P Ken, P Ken!" and in the best English "How are you?" or my personal favorite from the fat little one "I am so happy.." she sounds so adorable you just want to hug her every time she says it.

Sure no turkey to smell but Grandma will be in the kitchen cooking up some mean curry, the only Beef on the table and she makes it special JUST for me. My Fiance' will be looking GORGEOUS, and her father's presence will keep any bickering or spitefulness from the evil aunt, if she even comes, at a minimum.

So yeah It's not what I grew up with but It's not a bad deal. I look forward to building new traditions:)

Normally we go back to England every April but as we had just come back from Oman we decided to postpone the visit until Christmas. So the Christmas shopping has been done, the Santa suit, beard and wig have been cleaned and I will be playing Santa to my grandkids and my wife will be my elf!