DSI probes Dhammakaya temple spokesman’s surface in Paris

webfact

DSI probes Dhammakaya temple spokesman’s surface in Paris

Ong-art.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) is investigating a report that the fugitive spokesman of Wat Dhammakaya wanted for several offences has fled the country and now is in Paris.

The investigation followed a photo of the spokesman Ong-art Thamnita, spokesman for Devoteed of Wat Dhammakaya wanted by the DSI for inviting public unrest in violation of the Criminal Act, was posted on the Internet and went viral on the social media. He appeared at a Japanese restaurant in Paris along with a Buddhist monk.

DSI is probing if the picture was an old picture taken before warrant for his arrest was issued on December 15 last year or after he sneaked out of the country to escape arrest.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dsi-probes-dhammakaya-temple-spokesmans-surface-paris/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-09

Whats the chances of a Thai person been in same restaurant ,and knows

who he is,and seems it was taken a close range,maybe he posted himself

to give the finger to the powers that be.   You can't catch me.

regards worgeordie

even more reason for them to actually go into the temple and arrest the rest of them, they sit on their hands and do nothing but let the accused leave the country, time to simply go in and grab the guilty ones before they leave if they havent already

48 minutes ago, seajae said:

even more reason for them to actually go into the temple and arrest the rest of them, they sit on their hands and do nothing but let the accused leave the country, time to simply go in and grab the guilty ones before they leave if they havent already

The good monk has had time to go abroad for a holiday and return (ha ha ha) He should send the good PM a postcard thanking him for giving him enough time to pack his bags and make an orderly retreat to heavens knows where and to give him time to get his finances "In order" From what I have seen of this mess it could be run by proxy or be a turn key business. 

51 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I think the Monk should go to America they can't extradite due to the fact that Thailand is not a Democratic Government TIT

Better he head for Canada then, the United States  is not a "democracy".

How do you "sneak" off to Paris. Presumably through Suvarnabhumi ? It is therefore too much to expect the police and immigration to work together so that when he scans his passport, he is detained. That would involve arresting someone clearly in a position of power.

Wish the rest of us had the ability to walk on water.

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The only question was 'what country would he go to' ?

Apart from the other, much bigger, question raised by the article as to whether or not the photo was a current one.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if he is in Paris he is 100% safe from the DSI as they could not catch a cold if they stood naked in a snow storm  :cheesy:

No one could, colds are caused by viruses.

48 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

How do you "sneak" off to Paris. Presumably through Suvarnabhumi ? It is therefore too much to expect the police and immigration to work together so that when he scans his passport, he is detained. That would involve arresting someone clearly in a position of power.

The OP covered that question for those bothered to read it.

Edited by gdgbb

4 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"I was a free man in Paris

I felt unfettered and alive

Nobody calling me up for favors

No one's future to decide..."

per Joni Mitchell

I'm here in France,

happy with the joys of life,

and with so much money, 

I need not a wife!!!

Does anyone really believe that "the powers that be" intend to arrest the people involved in the numerous scams? All of the delays are obviously planned so that the "brown envelopes" are distributed to the right people for the correct amounts of "protection"! Can you ever imagine The DSI, the BiB and the "green machine" stopping this lucrative scam, where the only people getting hurt are the "peons"!

This is going to go on for years, who profits by closing it down :sad:, only the suckers that originally put up the money! :wai: