Trump hits back at Meryl Streep, calls actress 'overrated'

snoop1130

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, uptheos said:

She's a good actress, she showed that during her speech.

I want to know why all these big mouths aren't already leaving the USA as promised? Geez, can't they keep their word on anything?

And many took it as an impassioned speech.  Spare me.  She was just looking for another award

I hope you didn't really think those loudmouths would do what they said.  They're all actors, acting or should I say hamming it up for the public.:wai:

On 1/13/2017 at 8:54 AM, Si Thea01 said:

And many took it as an impassioned speech.  Spare me.  She was just looking for another award

I hope you didn't really think those loudmouths would do what they said.  They're all actors, acting or should I say hamming it up for the public.:wai:

What another award would you be thinking of in addition to the drawer of Oscars?

On 1/13/2017 at 8:54 AM, Si Thea01 said:

Streep promised to leave the USA? Or are you making that up in actorly fashion?

Meryl Streep is the greatest actress nowadays, Trump is the best political showman.

Every day he shows us examples of his extrem sordid character.

Do you think he will ever be able to have a serious discussion, the only way to learn and know something what is new for him? He opens his mouth already before his limited brain can work.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Streep promised to leave the USA? Or are you making that up in actorly fashion?

Who said anything about Streep leaving, I certainly didn't.  There were about 16 in all and she was not one of them.  :wai:

Trump supporters are as bad as the man himself. Somebody criticises their hero and messiah and suddenly a world class, accomplished and recognised professional in her industry is suddenly a crap actress. Do you know what you all look like to 'normal people'?

Trump supporters are as bad as the man himself. Somebody criticises their hero and messiah and suddenly a world class, accomplished and recognised professional in her industry is suddenly a crap actress. Do you know what you all look like to 'normal people'?

I've heard of her but not many others have outside of the USA.

Just wondering how some actress can cause such a stir?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Looking forward to your contribution to the OP then, in stead of asking questions about her films.

Im just trying to ascertain if she is indeed a big actress starring in many big films or if she has deliberately made a comment about Trump to gain publicity solely in her own interests?

I look forward to your contribution to the OP?

3 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

I look forward to your contribution to the OP?

It is a contribution to the original post. The OP is NOT as you seem to think a thread about the fame (or not) of one of the worlds most famous actresses or establishing who she is. If you want to find out who she is, this is not the thread is it. Try google, try IMDB. the thread is about Trump calling her over rated as a result of her criticism of him.

You said

I've heard of her but not many others have outside of the USA

Have you been living on a different Planet?

10 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

Im just trying to ascertain if she is indeed a big actress starring in many big films or if she has deliberately made a comment about Trump to gain publicity solely in her own interests?

It was a speech made at her acceptance of a Lifetime Achievement Award.  Take a moment and let that sink it.

All done?  Good.  Now think about it this way:

Imagine if you were such a terrible person that world-renowned actress Meryl Streep used a Lifetime Achievement Award speech to tell the world how awful you were.  Ouch.

It was a speech made at her acceptance of a Lifetime Achievement Award.  Take a moment and let that sink it.

All done?  Good.  Now think about it this way:

Imagine if you were such a terrible person that world-renowned actress Meryl Streep used a Lifetime Achievement Award speech to tell the world how awful you were.  Ouch.

What awards out with the US has she won?

What non American films has she starred?

I'm not debating how famous she is in the USA, that's obvious as Trump has felt the need to respond to her.

Have you been living on a different Planet?

So she stars in 1 big film "out of Africa".

I suppose your now going to tell me about the Baseball World Series and how famous it is and how it's played worldwide as in its name "World Series"

Oh hold on, it's US only, but it's the World Series!

Just because someone is famous in one country, does not mean they must be world famous. How ignorant

7 minutes ago, LammyTS1 said:

So she stars in 1 big film "out of Africa".

I suppose your now going to tell me about the Baseball World Series and how famous it is and how it's played worldwide as in its name "World Series"
Oh hold on, it's US only, but it's the World Series!

Just because someone is famous in one country, does no mean they must be world famous. How ignorant

I say again - We are being Trolled!

Twelve pages; and I must admit I've not read them all.

But I have a couple of questions.

If Meryl Streep is as overrated and insignificant as Trump and his supporters say; why are they making such a big fuss over her opinion?

Surely, if she is as overrated and insignificant as they say, it would have been better to simply ignore her?

Trump is the president elect of the United States; the de facto leader of the free world. If he reacts like this to criticism from an actress, how is he going to react when he is criticised by other world leaders and his own congress?

It will happen; all leaders of democracies are often criticised.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Yes, it makes them look like idiot followers for following a messiah idiot.

Dumb and dumber.