Major Internet Outage?

ctrunfree

My internet has been down for long periods today, and is now up but slow and flaky.  I've heard someone say there was a major problem all over Northern Thailand, but haven't seen any reference online (in the odd moment it has been working).  Anyone heard anything?

Friend of mine called me today saying his TOT was crapomulleh. He rung help desk in BKK and was told due to the flooding in the South the cable connection  was causing country wide problems.

According to what he was told/read all other network providers use TOT foe Internet access.  I told hom that's a load of BS as I'm on 3bb and don't have a problem.  Perhaps this is yet another government load of BS in them trying to cover up poor service?

International connection provider is CAT, not TOT.

Not that it's any better.

It's increasingly difficult for Thai ISPs to use any other provider AFAIK. Always has been, but with the single gateway thing cooking up, it's becoming a no-no.

Edited by Lannig

9 hours ago, balo said:

3BB is fine here , anyone with a TOT line is gambling every day

I take that back!  We have big problems with 3BB now , DNS server is not responding is all I get , all websites down except Google.com .  

Luckily I use a VPN service so I can bypass it .   No need to call customer service , they are probably working on it....

2 hours ago, balo said:

This morning it's much faster so they must have done something....

Repair work on a collapsed brigde in the south finished due to the catastrophic flooding.

Major fiber cables of ToT torn apart as described in post #6.

There are at least three parallel threads on that now.

Best continue in the thread suggested in post #2.

Not Chiang Mai specific.

This thread closed.