Maybe Thrust Bearing

BEVUP

Good day all

Have a 2008 2.4lt (i think ) , 5 speed Man Toyota Vigo - 200,000 k's

The problem is when the car is cold & i go to drive car it seems as though it doesn't want to move & when i stop just by the clutch it stops without needing brake. This is just the 3 point turn out of drive way. But the car is fine once warmed up.

Wife noticed some noise(from outside of car) when i pressed the clutch in,& also the inspection man for yearly noticed something as he had a hard time on his rollers

Hope this makes sense & thanks for any replies

Noise when the clutch is pressed could well be the thrust bearing. If the clutch is 200,000 km old it wouldn't hurt to replace the lot (thrust, friction plate, pressure plate and spigot bearing, possibly skim the flywheel too) anyway.

Even my new vehicle is a bit reluctant when cold (not just engine needing warm up) the old Ranger is similar. Unless the clutch is dragging (hard to get in gear) I don't thing there's a real issue.

To clarify - if you just push the clutch in, without stepping on the brake, the car stops ? Hard time on the rollers - did the wheels not want to turn ?  If yes to both I would look at the brake booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, or a caliper not fully releasing. Any and all can cause the brakes at one or all wheels to drag.

Edited by canthai55

Thanks all

Yes i was thinking along the brakes also as the car drives perfectly as i did a country run up through a hilly & windy (very) rd with many gear changes

It is due for service & i always go to Toyota

PS : Yes would get all that done to gear if its the problem as i am mechanical minded & di some home work