Official launch of Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry delayed, departure times changed

webfact

Official launch of Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry delayed, departure times changed

ferry.jpg

Image: Facebook

The operator of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry has announced the official launch of the service has been delayed until February, due to recent adverse weather conditions.

A free trial service of the route has been in operation since the beginning of January but bad weather has forced the cancellation of a number of scheduled trips.

The official launch date had been scheduled for January 15 but that has now been postponed until next month, although no actual date has yet been confirmed.

Meanwhile, officials have announced that the free trial service, which was due to end on January 15 has now been extended to January 31.

Officials also announced a change to departure times between Jan 13-18 and Jan 20-31, where the Royal 1 Ferry will leave the Bali Hai pier in Pattaya at 10:30am instead of 8:30am. In Hua Hin, the service will depart at 1:30pm instead of 3pm due to changing tides, operators said.

The company made the announcement via its  Facebook page , where customers are urged to check for the most up to date information.

Alternatively, customers can call 0384 88999, available in both English and Thai, for the latest booking and schedule information.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-11

Why does this company have a Facebook page rather than a Webpage? What about those tourists and travellers who would like to access the information via the internet but for whatever reason are not Facebook members? Is there a Webpage and if there is does anyone have the link please.

I see now a tidal wildcard been thrown into the timetable. I must have missed mention of that one before.

Edited by Brer Fox

26 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Why does this company have a Facebook page rather than a Webpage?

'Cause Facebook is all it needs right now. And that page is something you might appreciate: try finding the webpage OR the facebook page for the Vung Tau - Ho Chi Minh ferry. Nor at the departure areas will you find any explanation for that ferry's schedule.

What about those tourists and travellers who would like to access the information via the internet but for whatever reason are not Facebook members?

They don't have to be facebook members to access the information on facebook. Perhaps a better whinge right now for you is that the page is in Thai.

I see now a tidal wildcard been thrown into the timetable. I must have missed mention of that one before.

Doesn't matter in the least that you missed it, as you'd always need to check the timetable and have to follow it regardless. They aren't actually obligated to inform you about the reasoning behind the schedule and it doesn't matter what you think about it. 

Edited by JSixpack

in all fairness, they launched their business during the worst storm in 30 years.

which happened in January during a time when it should not have been raining, much less the huge storm that has been going on for 10 days now.

it has been over cast in Hua Hin for two weeks now.

but lets hope they get enough experience with operating the boats in the next few days so they can open for business.  :coffee1:

Edited by NCC1701A

6 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Why does this company have a Facebook page rather than a Webpage? What about those tourists and travellers who would like to access the information via the internet but for whatever reason are not Facebook members? Is there a Webpage and if there is does anyone have the link please.

It is quite simple why they have a Facebook page and not a website.

Thai people in general have the misplaced idea everybody has Facebook and Facebook reaches everybody.

5 hours ago, WhizBang said:

So departure times are now dependant on the tides?  That does not seem like a very good business model for a ferry.

Good thing you aren't in the ferry business. That's actually an excellent business model for a ferry as it really hurts profits if your ferry boats and customers sink to the bottom of the bay. And if they did, then you'd be among the first posters here to point out the utter stupidity of allowing the voyage to proceed under adverse conditions. :cheesy: Thais! I mean, if you weren't at the bottom yourself. 

Actually, we're just desperate to sneer about everything concerning the ferry. It's TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome (TVFPNCS) gone marine with its five stages:

1. Puzzlement
  2. Disbelief; "no need"
  3. Derision; doom prediction
  4. Hate (disappointment)
  5. Acceptance.

And we now seem to have reached Stage 3, as it's so close to happening.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

It is quite simple why they have a Facebook page and not a website.

Thai people in general have the misplaced idea everybody has Facebook and Facebook reaches everybody.

No. The reason reflects cost savings and great convenience. Facebook has excellent uptime, loading speed, and ease of maintenance. Everybody can read the facebook page--nothing misplaced there--as well as any other webpage; and so that's really all many businesses need, esp. when they've just started.

25 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Good thing you aren't in the ferry business. That's actually an excellent business model for a ferry as it really hurts profits if your ferry boats and customers sink to the bottom of the bay. And if they did, then you'd be among the first posters here to point out the utter stupidity of allowing the voyage to proceed under adverse conditions. :cheesy: Thais! I mean, if you weren't at the bottom yourself. 

Actually, we're just desperate to sneer about everything concerning the ferry. It's TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome (TVFPNCS) gone marine with its five stages:

1. Puzzlement
  2. Disbelief; "no need"
  4. Hate (disappointment)
  5. Acceptance.

" as it really hurts profits if your ferry boats and customers sink to the bottom of the bay " Really? Does't seem to worry road transport operators over the years and they still have huge accidents! :whistling:

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

1. Puzzlement
  2. Disbelief; "no need"
  4. Hate (disappointment)
  5. Acceptance.

Are you the Captain?:partytime2:

Hahaha that Facebook page is worth a look. The only English I can see on there is the title 'meet everytime we miss'.

What on earth is that supposed to even mean?

Could you really not find one semi-competent English speaker to make sure you don't look like complete idiots on your one and only online presence?

As another poster said recently, "you couldn't pay me to get on that boat".

23 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Hundreds of Tai companies use FB.....probably because they have to pay for their own website and they obviously believe everyone in Thailand uses FB.

Those that have a web site, are very poorly built and almost never updated.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

in all fairness, they launched their business during the worst storm in 30 years.

which happened in January during a time when it should not have been raining, much less the huge storm that has been going on for 10 days now.

it has been over cast in Hua Hin for two weeks now.

but lets hope they get enough experience with operating the boats in the next few days so they can open for business.  :coffee1:

Its good to see the operators are not taking chances with the inclement weather. The fine tuning continues which all sound good for the future of the business.

17 hours ago, lvr181 said:

" as it really hurts profits if your ferry boats and customers sink to the bottom of the bay " Really? Does't seem to worry road transport operators over the years and they still have huge accidents! :whistling:

Really, for our ace TVF Ferry Boat Operators. Roads, different issue. You have innumerable other threads, probably one a week or so, in which to vent your righteous indignation about road accidents in Thailand, in company with our ace Traffic Engineers and certified Driving Instructors. But it's typical of the mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice to discount any good measure in one area by pointing to some defect, real or imagined, in another area--just a form of straw man argument.

Edited by JSixpack

26 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Really, for our ace TVF Ferry Boat Operators. Roads, different issue. You have innumerable other threads, probably one a week or so, in which to vent your righteous indignation about road accidents in Thailand, in company with our ace Traffic Engineers and certified Driving Instructors. But it's typical of the mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice to discount any good measure in one area by pointing to some defect, real or imagined, in another area--just a form of straw man argument.

Huh? I'm not sure if I am reading you right. Regardless of how "accidents" (sinking or colliding) happen, my point is about the awareness of loss of profits upon these events - road, rail or sea. :smile:

My point is that it doesn't seem to concern (or affect) any other transport operators. Why would sea "accidents" be any different?

4 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Huh? I'm not sure if I am reading you right. Regardless of how "accidents" (sinking or colliding) happen, my point is about the awareness of loss of profits upon these events - road, rail or sea. :smile:

My point is that it doesn't seem to concern (or affect) any other transport operators. Why would sea "accidents" be any different?

My point is that it "really" IS, and that's what should be reassuring to any potential ferry passenger, except perhaps to Ferry Operator WhizBang, who doesn't find it a good business model. ;) It doesn't actually matter WHY it is. If you did know why, then what exactly would you do with that information?

You don't know the concerns of ANY other transport operators. You might give us the stats for Bell Travel or Roong Reuang Coach, since they're close to home. It's a silly fallacy to assume that no transport operator can differ from any other.

So that's merely stereotypical nonsense. But you could probably figure out for yourself, if you wanted to, that the operator of van service, for example, has far less to lose from a van accident than a ferry operator from a ferry boat sinking. And so?

So how bad has the weather been for shipping? . Or is this boat particularly susceptible....or are they just worried about people being sick all over the place and giving a bad impression of the service?

I'm sure it's  a good idea to run the service on a trial basis to iron out any wrinkles, but I'm increasingly getting the impression  that this lot are a bit amateurish on all fronts...not just getting the service running but also handling the media......I haven't heard one single  comprehensive statement reported from the company yet....and a lot  of their "problems" seem to bear an uncanny resemblance to a schoolkid's excuse for losing their homework.

11 hours ago, Alan Deer said:

So how bad has the weather been for shipping? . Or is this boat particularly susceptible....or are they just worried about people being sick all over the place and giving a bad impression of the service?

I'm sure it's  a good idea to run the service on a trial basis to iron out any wrinkles, but I'm increasingly getting the impression  that this lot are a bit amateurish on all fronts...not just getting the service running but also handling the media......I haven't heard one single  comprehensive statement reported from the company yet....and a lot  of their "problems" seem to bear an uncanny resemblance to a schoolkid's excuse for losing their homework.

These type of boat is not the best for rough weather and waves.! Obviously when it all calms down it will be fine but it's  not a good sea boat! Not sure if it has stabilizers on this one but even if it has sometimes with wind direction ,tide etc sometimes you can't use them . I don't know how's rough it gets there but where I live we have one of these be it bigger ! but seas are rougher ! It often doesn't sail due to sea conditions . It's a bad choice of boat to be honest 

Edited by Nigeone

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

My point is that it "really" IS, and that's what should be reassuring to any potential ferry passenger, except perhaps to Ferry Operator WhizBang, who doesn't find it a good business model. ;) It doesn't actually matter WHY it is. If you did know why, then what exactly would you do with that information?

You don't know the concerns of ANY other transport operators. You might give us the stats for Bell Travel or Roong Reuang Coach, since they're close to home. It's a silly fallacy to assume that no transport operator can differ from any other.

So that's merely stereotypical nonsense. But you could probably figure out for yourself, if you wanted to, that the operator of van service, for example, has far less to lose from a van accident than a ferry operator from a ferry boat sinking. And so?

Mine is assumptive reasoning the same as your original comments. And comparing a van operator to a ferry operator is a proportionate comparison only. Loss of profit is still inherent in both cases!

Please have a nice day :whistling:

On 1/12/2017 at 1:23 AM, Torrens54 said:

The whole thing sounds JINXED, I wouldn't get on the "Tub" now, even on a Freebie, come to think of it, not even if they PAID me !

The only tourist this boat will have soon are fish and scuba divers.....

Forget icebergs just wind a waves will sink this baby...

I try and stay positive because I know it will make a good reef for the

fishes..

All passengers should be required to pass a swimming test..