Honda unveil "sporty" new City car - with lights for daytime use

webfact

Honda unveil "sporty" new City car - with lights for daytime use

2a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- Honda (Thailand) have unveiled their new look City 1.5 liter sedan.

The car will be the first on the Thai roads designed to have LED lights for daytime use.

Research has indicated that lights for day use can help prevent road accidents.

Daily News reported that the car will attract those who want a "sporty" model. It has new features such as different styling alloy wheels and a feature that helps fuel economy in starting the vehicle.

The Honda City enjoys second place in the Thai market and the company hope to sell 36,000 units a year of the new model.

Prices are expected to start from 550,000 baht.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-13

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Research has indicated that lights for day use can help prevent road accidents.

I think a car that can be driven safely in rainy conditions, also without brakes that don't fail frequently, would be a better idea than one with lights for daytime use ! Then, maybe accidents would be put down to driver incompetency. 

And if one of the daylights is blown it looks like the indicatorlight is turned on. Very dangerous in Thailand cause they won't fix blown bulbs.

Somchai doesn't want a sporty car, he can make that himself by installing a crossbar and some blue led's. Some of them even won't use the headlights at night cause they installed foglights under the bumper which makes the girls drippin'.

I got pulled over by the police at a check point for driving late at night along a unlit road with my fog light's on, now maybe with day lights they have another excuse for tea money.

1 hour ago, nev said:

I got pulled over by the police at a check point for driving late at night along a unlit road with my fog light's on, now maybe with day lights they have another excuse for tea money.

No relevance at all to daytime running lights. And they were correct, foglights are there for a reason, driving in the fog, not for driving at night.

46 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Mercs, Audis and some Mazdas have had them for a while now. As for "sporty" in Thailand that just means a few stickers and a plastic spoiler. 

More hopeless garbage from Honda Thailand.

I've driven Honda cars. In the UK I was asked to test drive one of the hybrids for a period of time. Also driven them in the middle east and here.

I have owned/driven BMW's, Lexus, Jaguar, Subaru, Toyota, Chevrolet, VW, Audi, Ford and Vauxhall - various models

IME there isn't much wrong with Honda and they are better than most competing makes at equivalent models.

A former colleague is a recognized expert having been the fleet buyer commodity manager for a number of very large organizations. He recommended I try Honda several years ago. 

Of course, your experience may be different.

55 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Mercs, Audis and some Mazdas have had them for a while now. As for "sporty" in Thailand that just means a few stickers and a plastic spoiler. 

More hopeless garbage from Honda Thailand.

You can add Toyota to that list.

35 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Laughable Daytime lights  Well they wont be used a lot because Thai drivers dont even use their lights at night Next subject

Volvo day lights I had you could not turn them off. So in LOS if the same a good idea for the forgetful.... b0212.gif

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Awe inspring stuff, all the auto makers should get on board with these new daytime lights. Amazing innovation, they should adopt the name of "daytime running lights".

That factory fixture is mandatory for more than 15 years, in new cars riding on the US. Some people may disagree, but Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are the most reliable cars on the World''s market and the best buy for the money since the 80's.

Edited by Muzarella

On 1/13/2017 at 1:09 PM, jonw8uk said:

The car will be the first on the Thai roads designed to have LED lights for daytime use.

what are they talking about?! Its a straight up lie! ? My 2014 car has them

Is it a Honda or Toyota if not doesn't count:sleep:

mu-X also has LED running lights, what is so wonderful about the Honda ones?

EDIT One of the guys in the office says the Thai article says nothing like "The car will be the first on the Thai roads designed to have LED lights for daytime use."

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

And if one of the daylights is blown it looks like the indicatorlight is turned on. Very dangerous in Thailand cause they won't fix blown bulbs.

Somchai doesn't want a sporty car, he can make that himself by installing a crossbar and some blue led's. Some of them even won't use the headlights at night cause they installed foglights under the bumper which makes the girls drippin'.

Ha ha ha, they are not globes, they are LED's, they will last longer than the car.

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Since Thai are too lazy to replace blown bulbs they should tell Honda/Toyota and others to ONLY  deliver cars with LED's.

Apart from two headlamps which failed within a week last year my 10 year old Ranger is still on original (conventional) bulbs.

LEDs are of course the way to go, huge life and more efficient too.