Intellectual Whore

Simbaya

On 14/01/2017 at 3:31 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

In the West having a coffee or a conversation with a member of the opposite sex is very normal. Only in Thailand the Thai wife would get jelaous and think of a guy as a cheater.

I used to have many female friends in Canada....Here I don't have any.

Yes, I'd like to have a coffee, but I'm not allowed.

Such a pertinent comment. Many readers here will know exactly what you mean I'm sure.

I'm not married to a Thai woman (any woman for that matter) but have been tempted from time to time.

I recall one woman getting very keen on the idea (keener than I was) whose reaction when I told her that I would be continuing my current practice of having coffee with female friends during the day when she was at work - it was immediate - "that cannot be". I said yes, it will be. She thereupon grabbed her things, told me she had made a mistake, and left the building, never to return.

I larfed like a drain. So typical.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

So you think the mods here colluded with the OP somehow? What are they supposed to have removed from the post?

The racist stuff about Thai women for one thing. The part about how Thai women were only good for cooking and cleaning and sexual favors. The part about how western men were starving for intellectual stimulation because Thai women couldn't provide that. I know you purport yourself to be anti racist so I would have thought you'd have been clued into that.

Open hostility...Oh man, I like that.  Has the OP even been to a 'ladies night out'? I was in an general relaxation adjoining room to such an event once, having a chat with a friend. A woman, I'd guess about 35-40 came strolling in and sat close by. She looked at me and puffed something like 'Had to get away from that lot' and I replied with something like (can't remember exactly what now) "Yeah, can be strain on the ears but you can relax in here." She got up, slapped me on the shoulder then suggested I was getting 'fresh' with her.  Dear OP, Ha! A chap wouldn't be allowed to get away with that. Op you have a chip on your shoulder...or is it a 'chimp'?

On 1/14/2017 at 2:59 AM, Simbaya said:

A Western man is married to a Thai woman.  This woman shops, cleans, cooks and provides physical pleasure.  But something is missing....  And when I say "intellectual," please understand I am not denigrating Thai wives/GFs--I simply mean that said Western man misses talking about politics, current events, etc., that may not hold interest for his Thai partner.

This appears to be denigrating Thai women and a gross generalization .....As if that is all a Thai women is good for:post-4641-1156693976:

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The racist stuff about Thai women for one thing. The part about how Thai women were only good for cooking and cleaning and sexual favors. The part about how western men were starving for intellectual stimulation because Thai women couldn't provide that. I know you purport yourself to be anti racist so I would have thought you'd have been clued into that.

I don't recall any of that in the OP.

Why would the mods here have removed it? Are you sure you're not mistaken?

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Just to clear that up - the only edit I can see is by the OP soon after it was posted. I know what lannarebirth is talking about as I remember reading it. But it hasn't been edited by any mods.

4 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

This appears to be denigrating Thai women and a gross generalization .....As if that is all a Thai women is good for:post-4641-1156693976:

It's a description of one woman in particular - not a generalisation, and not denigrating any group. You're clutching at straws here.

Meanwhile, we've seen all manner of abuse aimed at white women in this thread.

I don't recall any of that in the OP.

Why would the mods here have removed it? Are you sure you're not mistaken?

Look above you. ^ There it is.

Things weren't going the way the OP had hoped so she implored the mods to close the thread. The thread was subsequently re-opened but with a modified original post. She needed to find a way to let herself off the hook. Speaking of hooks, you've got one stuck in your mouth.

2 hours ago, amykat said:

The fact that you made this statement about women shows your sexism that you think you don't have!! 

Yes everything's sexist.. its all those nasty man's fault.. 

Thats kind of the attitudes and perception I mean.. 

If you look, Buddhalady, Nancy, CMSally and others have commented that they dont really see these issues.. And have managed to debate without attacking or resorting to ad hominem attacks. They dont appear to have any chips on shoulders and seem to live a happy easy going existence. 

Edited by LivinLOS

On 1/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, Simbaya said:

I am a "model" Western resident of Thailand.  

Possibly it's just your personality that turns farang men off, not that you are the perfect farang woman.

Probably quite a few farang males came to Thailand to escape such perfection.

It's a description of one woman in particular - not a generalisation, and not denigrating any group. You're clutching at straws here.

Meanwhile, we've seen all manner of abuse aimed at white women in this thread.

I stand corrected .....She was referring to the "one and only" situation where a western man is married to a Thai woman  Who only shops, cooks, cleans and provides physical pleasure:shock1:

1 minute ago, beachproperty said:

I stand corrected .....She was referring to the "one and only" situation where a western man is married to a Thai woman  Who only shops, cooks, cleans and provides physical pleasure:shock1:

Are you saying that all Thai women are like that?

2 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Possibly it's just your personality that turns farang men off, not that you are the perfect farang woman.

Probably quite a few farang males came to Thailand to escape such perfection.

Read between the "   ". I think she is trying to tell you AGAIN how attractive she is. Is, was, or could be a "model".

1 minute ago, LivinLOS said:

Yes everything's sexist.. its all those nasty man's fault.. 

Thats kind of the attitudes and perception I mean.. 

No, not really ..but you should just leave this thread. You add nothing but annoyance.  You are certainly an intellectual child unworthy of my time or attention.  I have given you many opportunities to use your brain or your wit, but you chose to do nothing.  You avoid all my questions to you that have real issues which you could answer. Stop pretending you have any interest here other than to stalk me with petty bullshit.

I'm thinking if these are your biggest worries in Thailand, and have consumed you so much that you have to rant about it, I think you came to the wrong place to retire. I'm going to take a guess here, but if you're by any chance a Progressive Liberal from a "Western" country, expecting this to be that long lusted after fairy tale Utopia......you are DEFINITELY in the wrong place!

On 14/01/2017 at 4:55 AM, onthesoi said:

1). Open hostility for me as a farang woman,

Generally, I get on well with falang women in Thailand unless/until they see my thai girlfriend then they get all weird and aggressive, to the point where my tgf now feels she has to announce from start she has a degree, good job and is not a prostitute, even then these women seem to feel there is something unwholesome going on,  tbh it feels a lot like racism towards a mixed race couple or is it jealousy because tgf is smoking hot and only 38kg....I'm not sure!

Intellectual whore

How do you know these men are not having the exact same conversations with the other falang men they meet.  You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about the life and motivations of someone you only met for a few minutes.

It's an interesting phrase you use: Intellectual whore

This woman should know how many Farangs and Thai women are bashed for their relationships in the West, and be glad if someone still talks to her intellectually. 

Women here are very honest about sex. 

If she wants sex with a Farang man she should openly tell, instead of whining.

1 hour ago, amykat said:

I responded to many of your posts ...I also responded to many others people's. Stop just posting crap. Put some thought into what you say.  Stop with meaningless one-liners. Impress me with something.  Where is your essay we talked about?? Do you need help with that??

Send me your photo, resume and a financial statement and we can talk!!

yes not demanding at all.. 

It 'all other peoples' fault why you have issues interacting.. I can clearly see that now.. 

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Here is an example ..an expat who lives here, who claims Western women "look down on him" and even if he isn't sure those of us who live here really think that way, "too bad" he is going to punish us because that is how he feels he is treated when he travels back to the West.

When I call this to your attention, you men here, tell ME, that I am an ASS, and have a LOW OPINION of YOU!!

How is he going to 'punish you' I think he said he would rather just leave you alone as its less friction.. 

Is leaving you alone punishment ?? As is stopping and saying hello ??

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

yes not demanding at all.. 

It 'all other peoples' fault why you have issues interacting.. I can clearly see that now.. 

That wasn't to YOU was it?  That was funny and we have a "thing" going on  ...so butt out of my business!!

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Yes, why seek a woman for that??  There are a lot of men to fill all the great jobs in the world too ..why seek any women for those? Let us just be secretaries and maids and nurses ..that has worked for you in the past hasn't it?  And when you die at 30 and your children are broke and being raised by a maid in poverty ..who gives a damn?

You claim not to be a 'bitter western woman' with any issues to men. 

I would say reviewing your last 20 posts the evidence says thats not likely to be a true statement. 

Others report not having these problems, and they are dealing with the same sample set of men.. So perhaps you need to consider that its what you put out is what you get back. 

Typically - as usual with the majority of male posters on this forum - it's now all about SEX! Suppose it makes a change from beer....

Strangely, the majority of women I've known over decades have always been more interested in intelligent conversation with an intellectual equal than in jumping into bed with someone whose only claim to fame is that he's got a penis! That's so, so '60s - grow up, guys.

59 minutes ago, amykat said:

Can you imagine how disgusting it would be to try to date a man here, who then goes out with his buddies, who then engage in the "white whale" discussions and otherwise trash us, while extolling the virtues of bargirls and cheap sex and may participate in that himself??

None of my buddies would address another of our mates wives that way.. I know a couple of guys with western wives / Gfs, sometimes we socialize together sometimes the guy comes out to drink alone where talk might be a little more guy like.. But insulting a guys wife in front of him is liable for a confrontation anywhere. 

Unsure where your getting these projections from.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:46 AM, SoiBiker said:

Thaivisa. Where men can moan endlessly about a country that for some reason they insist on remaining in, but a woman can't start a conversation without being told to stop complaining.

yes it seems generalization about thais and western women is acceptable, however when the shoe is on the other foot, dander is raised.

15 minutes ago, amykat said:

No, not really ..but you should just leave this thread. You add nothing but annoyance.  You are certainly an intellectual child unworthy of my time or attention.  I have given you many opportunities to use your brain or your wit, but you chose to do nothing.  You avoid all my questions to you that have real issues which you could answer. Stop pretending you have any interest here other than to stalk me with petty bullshit.

Your questions were ??