Intellectual Whore

Simbaya

9 minutes ago, amykat said:

That wasn't to YOU was it?  That was funny and we have a "thing" going on  ...so butt out of my business!!

I think you may be confused as to what a discussion forum entails.. These are not one to one conversations. 

Somone posts.. Somone quotes and comments.. Like when you made comments.. then despite repeatedly being shown the exact quote where you said it, you kept denying saying what we could all read.. Remember ?? 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, buddhalady said:

Typically - as usual with the majority of male posters on this forum - it's now all about SEX! Suppose it makes a change from beer....

Strangely, the majority of women I've known over decades have always been more interested in intelligent conversation with an intellectual equal than in jumping into bed with someone whose only claim to fame is that he's got a penis! That's so, so '60s - grow up, guys.

I would also assume, as that sexual issue is so solvable, that Thailand actually removes a lot of that tension and allows people to interact purely on a person to person nature, without (or at least less) of the interfering drives. Removing the mating pusturing and bullshit would I would assume allow for people to simply just relate and discuss things. 

19 minutes ago, buddhalady said:

Typically - as usual with the majority of male posters on this forum - it's now all about SEX! Suppose it makes a change from beer....

Strangely, the majority of women I've known over decades have always been more interested in intelligent conversation with an intellectual equal than in jumping into bed with someone whose only claim to fame is that he's got a penis! That's so, so '60s - grow up, guys.

Maybe you are just crap at sex...

3 minutes ago, amykat said:

That wasn't to YOU was it?  That was funny and we have a "thing" going on  ...so butt out of my business!!

Maybe avoid the accusations and pointless one liners. So far this thread has been a fairly interesting discussion, considering the rather confused subject matter and the potential for it to go off the rails. Maybe try to keep it slightly erudite rather than digressing into a slanging match. Otherwise we will be banished to the left over morsels of pizza and burger!

1 hour ago, amykat said:

Here is an example ..an expat who lives here, who claims Western women "look down on him" and even if he isn't sure those of us who live here really think that way, "too bad" he is going to punish us because that is how he feels he is treated when he travels back to the West.

When I call this to your attention, you men here, tell ME, that I am an ASS, and have a LOW OPINION of YOU!!

I know exactly how females feel about me when I travel to Australia and NZ with my much younger Asian wife. It's not just a feeling as you say. 

Personally, I don't lose any sleep over what YOU lot think of me or other male expats. I haven't had the pleasure of conversing with a female farang expat in 11 years of living here full time. Even if I did meet a female farang expat, she would have no concerns about being treated like an "intellectual whore" as I can have intellectual conversations with my wife and male expat friends.

The only farang females I see in Pattaya are tourists, and they just add to the scenery.

If YOU have a low opinion of me, you're just behaving as expected. If you don't, then you're an exception.

I see so many response to this troll. This is what I suspect I list them below,

(1) A troll written by a man just to see what sort of response he gets

(2) If a lady wrote this, I suspect she has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). I may not be a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist but I lived with 2 BPD persons  for many long years to know what they are like- (both my mother and sister have BPD problems- quite serious case).

There are days when these BPD are completely normal so you think things are getting better, then suddenly out of the blue there is this big criticism and complaints for something very insignificance.  Something people would normally overlook. Yet they make a big issue of it.

Do you have BPD Simbaya? BPD often interfere with your relationship with others but not always in a very bad way. I have seen some really bad case.

Too much thinking on your part perhaps? Where does your thought comes from?Contemplate on it.

You know I am waiting to meet this lady to go for coffee and after coffee I will tell her we are going to a hotel to have fun. I don't waste time and I believe she wants it too so I am being direct because I hate wasting time. If she says no it's ok, no big deal. To have sex after Tea or Coffee is normal isn't it? It's normal as far as I am concern. Right or wrong doesn't come into the picture.

2 hours ago, amykat said:

I responded to many of your posts ...I also responded to many others people's. Stop just posting crap. Put some thought into what you say.  Stop with meaningless one-liners. Impress me with something.  Where is your essay we talked about?? Do you need help with that??

Send me your photo, resume and a financial statement and we can talk!!

which posts were crap?

53 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

None of my buddies would address another of our mates wives that way.. I know a couple of guys with western wives / Gfs, sometimes we socialize together sometimes the guy comes out to drink alone where talk might be a little more guy like.. But insulting a guys wife in front of him is liable for a confrontation anywhere. 

Unsure where your getting these projections from.

As someone who's married to a western woman, I've had a lot of unpleasant stuff said about my wife by people on here.

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

I know exactly how females feel about me when I travel to Australia and NZ with my much younger Asian wife. It's not just a feeling as you say. 

Personally, I don't lose any sleep over what YOU lot think of me or other male expats. I haven't had the pleasure of conversing with a female farang expat in 11 years of living here full time. Even if I did meet a female farang expat, she would have no concerns about being treated like an "intellectual whore" as I can have intellectual conversations with my wife and male expat friends.

The only farang females I see in Pattaya are tourists, and they just add to the scenery.

If YOU have a low opinion of me, you're just behaving as expected. If you don't, then you're an exception.

How do you know they're tourists? I know expat women in Bangkok who regularly go to Pattaya for the weekend.

I think a lot of guys make the mistake of assuming anyone female or under 50 is a tourist.

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

I saw the op when it started still could not see racism in it

I think you probably had to be looking for it.

I don't think it's racist to suggest that some farangs are married to Thai people they don't have intellectual conversations with. It's more of a language issue, not a suggestion that Thai people are stupid.

59 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Maybe avoid the accusations and pointless one liners. So far this thread has been a fairly interesting discussion, considering the rather confused subject matter and the potential for it to go off the rails. Maybe try to keep it slightly erudite rather than digressing into a slanging match. Otherwise we will be banished to the left over morsels of pizza and burger!

Sally, are you really addressing that to ME?  LivinginLOS  ..I have given him many good posts over the last few days, and he takes a few words or a line and then quotes only that,  keeps harping on the same inane points, never answers the issue in the post I wrote, he is basically just stalking me with baseless accusations.  He takes a post that is a joke  to another poster, and tries to make me sound like witch, etc.

Now I can't speak up to him??  Have you read the things he has said to me?

I'm like the lone Indian here and you are telling me oh "don't shoot any arrows ..be nice to those guys or we will get shut down?"

Edited by amykat

Fair of face, nice of figure, soft of voice, moderately dressed, a "model", in a younger demographic, respectful, kind, giving to the community, able to keep good relations with others, work tirelessly for the community whilst expecting nothing in return?

You sound like a massive pain in the arse.  Perhaps that is why men don't like you.

Why do you care?

Bhaaaaaaahaaa!!

Sent from my SM-P555 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

37 minutes ago, jpinx said:

which posts were crap?

Sir, as you can see, I am quite busy!  You are one of the offenders who has posted off topic and not responded to a logical flow of thought and reasoning. If it wasn't clear to you ...as it wasn't to someone else, I was joking around with you about the essay.  Remember that was another time you started to discuss food  ..American vs. Western ..when you attempted to derail me by talking about me being vague because I was being "general" as I meant to be!!

Do you really think I will spend my time going through your posts finding which ones are "crap"?  Do you want to be friends and add to this thread? Say something funny? You also could have thought of a witty reply to what I wrote you instead of this ..."which posts were crap"?

36 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

How do you know they're tourists? I know expat women in Bangkok who regularly go to Pattaya for the weekend.

I think a lot of guys make the mistake of assuming anyone female or under 50 is a tourist.

I know a tourist when I see one. There is another category - young ladies from Russian and Eastern Europe who work illegally but pretend to be tourists. I can usually pick them too.

Edited by tropo

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I know a tourist when I see one. There is another category - young ladies from Russian and Eastern Europe who work illegally but pretend to be tourists. I can usually pick them too.

I'm not sure how you can tell the difference between a tourist and an expat enjoying a weekend off by the beach. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can't, which is why you don't think there are any female expats here. Confirmation bias, for sure.

14 minutes ago, amykat said:

Sally, are you really addressing that to ME?  LivinginLOS  ..I have given him many good posts over the last few days, and he takes a few words or a line and then quotes only that,  keeps harping on the same inane points, never answers the issue in the post I wrote, he is basically just stalking me with baseless accusations. 

And here comes the persecution complex.. 

I am sorry if you find someone who quotes your own words back to you, and points out failed logic or areas I dont agree with as baseless accusations.. If you find that 'stalking' or you own quotes 'inane points' I would say thats a reflection on you. 

You made claims.. I disagreed with them.. From then on you repeatedly denied making those claims, even tho you can simply scroll back to read them. Other than that I have seen little in the way of 'many good posts' from either you or the OP. I have seen good posts from plenty of other ladies in this thread, Nancy, CMSally, Buddhalady to name a few I remember, its also worth noting they dont actually agree with the OP, and seem to have a pleasant life here without suffering the same experiences. This leads me to wonder at why they seem to have a different view and experience overall. 

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I'm not sure how you can tell the difference between a tourist and an expat enjoying a weekend off by the beach.

When they are confused by the money, dont recognize coins or small notes, make small cultural gaffes (high wai'ing the servers) etc etc etc.. 

Not foolproof but theres a whole bunch of tells.