Trump adviser had five calls with Russian envoy on day of sanctions - sources

rooster59

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The political class, in all Western democracies, have been lying, cheating, and misleading the electorate for years. As with all things unchecked it becomes worse and worse. Many only pay lip service to elections and never deliver on much of their manifesto and campaign promises.

They also seem to have "unwritten rules and understandings" about how to keep this jolly little show going on and on. 

I agree with that and most things politicians stink to high heaven.  I also welcome mavericks who want to change the system but Trump isn't that.  It is the mantra he has chosen but it is a sham.  His team selection so far illustrates this and is scary stuff.

4 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

Now you are bordering on the ridiculous.

Trump a week away from becoming president is beyond ridiculous.

Nothing would surprise me any more.

I think we have lots of comedy moments to come.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweet-ethics-office-u-employees-not-endorse-223149866.html?.tsrc=daily_mail

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

A day after President-elect Donald Trump encouraged supporters to "Buy L.L. Bean," a U.S. ethics watchdog on Friday warned federal employees they must not endorse products or companies.

The U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) said on its official Twitter account: "All executive branch employees must refrain from misuse of position, including endorsements."

Activists had called for a boycott following reports that a member of the family that owns L.L. Bean contributed to Trump's campaign.

What was that about draining the swamp? LOL

11 minutes ago, Opl said:

I have come to the conclusion that Trump and Family have absolutely no idea what ethics means .

Or honesty, integrity, moral compass, discretion and judgment, respect for the office and its traditions, etc etc etc.

Anything other than self-interest and self-aggrandizement. It's sad.

And we've got a president-elect who chooses to spend his time Tweeting barbs at Meryl Streep. The guy must think being President is just another acting job like being on The Apprentice.

10 hours ago, TGIR said:

What a bunch of B.S. -  spreading drivel with no basis in fact.  Is this what they teach now in Journalism classes??

"The three sources stressed to Reuters that they did not know who initiated the five calls between Flynn, a former three-star Army general who headed the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency under Obama, and Kislyak. Nor did they know the contents of the conversations, and declined to say how they learned of them"

This is not news, it is rumor mongering!

Must have taken lessons from the unsubstantiated rumor mongering of the Trumpeters and Republicans--it appears they tutored the Dems too

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

At first, I thought...no biggie.  Until I read this.  Makes sense. 

He could be in serious hot water due to this.  Especially if it's proven he helped craft Russia's response to the sanctions.

No biggie.  Trump will just declare this FAKE NEWS! LOL

Wonder how Trump's own international escapades since becoming president elect (and possibly before) are to be considered if the same law was to be applied. Not that it will.

12 hours ago, TGIR said:

What a bunch of B.S. -  spreading drivel with no basis in fact.  Is this what they teach now in Journalism classes??

"The three sources stressed to Reuters that they did not know who initiated the five calls between Flynn, a former three-star Army general who headed the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency under Obama, and Kislyak. Nor did they know the contents of the conversations, and declined to say how they learned of them"

This is not news, it is rumor mongering!

Considering all that has occurred so far between Russia and Trump, considering Trumps ties with Russia as well as the ties of some of his team, it is not only newsworthy, it is potentially of national importance.

Man so many things in this one thread. With regards to the Flynn calls, that's just another billow of smoke. It probably was just a mishap on his part though.

- Fake news of Russia hacking the US election

Considering that Donald Trump himself now thinks it was Russia, I think we can safely say that Russia was behind those hacks.

On the L.L. Bean tweet, Trump's manipulation of stocks and businesses couldn't be more obvious. He makes a positive tweets and stocks skyrocket, a negative they plummet. With him refusing to release his tax records there is no way to know if he is or isn't profiting from this, though even if he isn't someone is. He's done this repeatedly.

Edited by jcsmith

The LL Bean comment was really stoopid. Surprising? No. But still, someone needs to sit him down, and try to educate him about the basics.

(Linda Bean, scion of the company, is very pro-Trump, and has a pretty big Trump PAC. Trump's endorsing of LL Bean looks especially bad-swamp-wise, unless one needs the boots to traipse through the new swamp.)