Thais skipping the line

Destiny1990

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yer ok why not just do as Thais do get served quicker then go home and enjoy your purchase

Sometimes worth sucking it up and trying again if you like the product. If there are nearby alternatives that are just as good, no need to bother. 

On 1/15/2017 at 1:23 PM, tropo said:

Maybe I'm old-school from a bygone era when people were far more polite, but when I'm in the supermarket with a load of shopping and people behind me have only 1 or 2 items I let them through, Farang or Thai.

But this thread is not about someone having "x" number of items and you deciding to let them through.  It's about different experiences people have had, not only in markets but airports etc. as well, with "line cutters."

41 minutes ago, joeyg said:

But this thread is not about someone having "x" number of items and you deciding to let them through.  It's about different experiences people have had, not only in markets but airports etc. as well, with "line cutters."

(It's not your job to decide what's on topic or not)

This thread is about anything to do with queue jumping. My reply was specifically in relation to a situation where a person with only 1 item jumped the queue in a supermarket.

With the new forum format context is often lost in replies.

Just now, tropo said:

(It's not your job to decide what's on topic or not)

This thread is about anything to do with queue jumping. My reply was specifically in relation to a situation where a person with only 1 item jumped the queue in a supermarket.

With the new forum format context is often lost in replies.

I know it's not my job.  Thanks for reminding me though.... Your comment just didn't make sense to me considering the OP's topic Thais Skipping the Line.  I do from time to time "ask" that people stay on point and on topic.  Probably will continue to do so from time to time.  Especially in topics that I post.  Have a lovely evening...:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I know it's not my job.  Thanks for reminding me though.... Your comment just didn't make sense to me considering the OP's topic Thais Skipping the Line.  I do from time to time "ask" that people stay on point and on topic.  Probably will continue to do so from time to time.  Especially in topics that I post.  Have a lovely evening...:thumbsup:

You didn't see the reply I replied to. If you had it would have made sense.

3 hours ago, nottocus said:

If what happened to the OP happened to me and it made me angry, I would have to take a second look at my priorities in life.

Well it not made me happy either.i just went to the next fruit seller down the road without making any comment but i sure they both got the message that such behavior is not correct.

Returning from a movie last week, I called in at the 7-11 for a carton of milk.

The young lady with a basket full in front of me waved me through to the till (and got a sincere smile and "Thank you" in return).

Politeness does exist here.

Actually had this happen at swamp immigration a few weeks back (didnt happen to me, but I was witness to it). 
The lines were massive, and we were all waiting patiently for our turn to me prcessed, when a family of Chinese consult ignored the Q and walked straight to the front (2 adults, grandparent and a child) of the Q, the ppl they jumped infront of right asked them what the F they thought they were doing, and a massive argument broke out. The chinese ppl were going nuts, saying they have been waiting a long time, and they deserved to go thru first. I was absolutely pissing myself in laughter. 
Security ended up been called, and the chinese ppl were asked to go to the back of the line, which they rufused to do. It actually then got pretty seriouse and the two adults ended up been frog marched off (rest of the family in tow). Everyone have a bit of a cheer, and tbh, I have no idea what happened after that, but they werent back in line by the time I went through.

I bet they forget to fill out there arrival card. So decided they didn't have 2 Q twice.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well it not made me happy either.i just went to the next fruit seller down the road without making any comment but i sure they both got the message that such behavior is not correct.

Where you were a victim of dual pricing without even knowing it.

It used to bother me, now I couldn't give a shit.  I found the best way to deal with it was to use the ferang size advantage to out maneuver them, by positioning myself in a way that they can't weasel their way past and get to the counter first. 

But nowadays I'm not in such a rush to do anything anymore so it doesn't bother me anymore.

I don't think it's a respect or class thing, I mean jesus, look at how they drive here.

On 1/16/2017 at 10:30 PM, bouph12 said:

Returning from a movie last week, I called in at the 7-11 for a carton of milk.

The young lady with a basket full in front of me waved me through to the till (and got a sincere smile and "Thank you" in return).

Politeness does exist here.

Yes, politeness is observed from time to time, but it's the exception to the rule.

I don't really see anything wrong in the OP's situation. It's normal for vendors here, especially food and market vendors, to deal with multiple customers at one time. Then weighing a bunch a bananas only takes a second and can be done faster than slicing the papaya. I bet if the woman was faffing around trying to dig out the money to pay for the bananas, then he'd go back to slicing the papaya until she was ready to pay. And if he'd bagged up the papaya by then, he'd probably let you pay before her as he hands it to you. There are other ways of doing things besides one job/one customer at a time.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

On 1/14/2017 at 10:49 PM, lungnorm said:

I am surprised no Chinese queue jumpers mentioned so far on this topic. They are by far the most rude arrogant queue jumpers in the world. Possibly because they have to push and shove in China due to the overcrowded situation. I forgot how many I elbowed (accidentally)in the Australian betting shops as they shoved in to get a bet on at the last minute. I was even thanked by the person serving at the window once saying the offender had been pushing in all day.

Some Chinese, from some areas maybe, are sure getting a bad reputation for that. Agree. The youtube vids make the Chinese tour groups look like a locust plague. Bad form.

On 1/16/2017 at 6:02 PM, akirasan said:

It used to bother me, now I couldn't give a shit.  I found the best way to deal with it was to use the ferang size advantage to out maneuver them, by positioning myself in a way that they can't weasel their way past and get to the counter first. 

But nowadays I'm not in such a rush to do anything anymore so it doesn't bother me anymore.

I don't think it's a respect or class thing, I mean jesus, look at how they drive here.

what's up these people ? Half of them are coffin dodgers , id love to know what the rush is ? 

On 1/14/2017 at 2:59 PM, Tagaa said:

Actually, Thai's are just rude and have no manners. There really is no excuse.

Chinese are worse & the Koreans may be the rudest people on the planet

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I would add some Filipinos to the list, here in the USA anyway

Yes, lets have this degenerate in to yet another topic of derogatory generalisations on nationalities we despise.

Shame on the moderators

On 15/01/2017 at 1:59 PM, Tagaa said:

I doubt it has anything to do with age.

It is the Thai way...appearance over substance.   It's how they live day to day. It's how the manage/govern their country.

I find there's a certain breed of older Thai (usually female) who take offense to being told what to do and seem to think they're entitled to be in front.

No one has yet described their Thai wife's behaviour.

Mine gets me through 90 day reporting at Sri Racha immigration in about 2 minutes.

Fill in the form then straight into the office. Always goes to the same lady, never takes a ticket. Quick hello, how are you, loads of smiles, hands over the form and passport, stamped and given straight back.

She'll often sit next to the person who's turn it is and say hello to them too.

Meanwhile, I'm stood in the background with a fixed smile cringing inwardly.

Funilly enough though she's very polite in supermarket queues.

9 minutes ago, Savilesghost said:

Wow i can manage to all that myself in about the same time in Maptuphut immigration, so does that make me just as HI So as your wife then ? and maybe i am different 

The topic is Thais skipping queues. Just an observation is all.

2 hours ago, grollies said:

The topic is Thais skipping queues. Just an observation is all.

I observed this the other day at Tops-two males of the middling Gov't type preparing to assume their god given right to go to the top of the line.The Thai ladies in the queue were not about to let them in and neither was I.

Just one small dig in and hold your ground for the women of Thailand-but one major victory for the downtrodden-may there be many more.