American Gets Beaten Playing Hero in Bar Domestic

webfact

American Gets Beaten Playing Hero in Bar Domestic

By Digital Admin -

american-beaten-domestic-dispute-1.jpg?f

PATTAYA: -- At 12.30am, on the morning of Jan 17, Pattaya police received reports that a foreign tourist had been attacked and injured in Pratamnak, Pattaya.

The attack took place outside the Sawasdee Beer Bar on Soi 5, Pratumnak, medics treated a sixty-seven-year old American, known only as Bob, for injuries to his head.

Fourty-seven year old bar owner, Nars Moolpraset, told police that the victim was a regular customer who had tried to intervene in a heated argument between a bar waitress and her ex-husband.

The foreigner known only as Bob, tried to prevent the husband attacking the girl provoking the ex-husband to turn on him instead, punching him to the ground and then kicking him before other bar staff and customers intervened.  At that point the ex ran away.

Police have issued an arrest warrant and are hunting the unnamed ex-husband.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/american-gets-beaten-playing-hero-in-bar-domestic/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-01-17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once as I was walking along a street in Pattaya, I witnessed an argument between a Thai couple (mid 20's). The young man started to hit the gal and I wanted to intervene (no man should be hitting a lady in my eyes) but I thought...what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? --Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country. (and my feeling is...let the  locals intervene-but I am sure they would only stand and take selfies with the beaten up lady).

Edited by toenail
detail

4 minutes ago, toenail said:

Once as I was walking along a street in Pattaya, I witnessed an argument between a Thai couple (mid 20's). The young man started to hit the gal and I wanted to intervene (no man should be hitting a lady in my eyes) but I thought...what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? --Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country. (and my feeling is...let the  locals intervene-but I am sure they would only stand and take selfies with the beaten up lady).

Even in your country (every country) cops are reluctant to intervene in domestic incidents because both parties can turn on you. 

One way to unite a couple having a domestic... intervene and the next thing both are trying to kill you...

This is not just a Thai thing, it happens all around the world, better off doing what others do ...pull out your phone and video it. :tongue:

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

Even in your country (every country) cops are reluctant to intervene in domestic incidents because both parties can turn on you. 

About a year ago a motorist here in Oz stopped to help a young lady being bashed by her young man, who in turn pushed the Vietnam veteran backwards hitting his head and he died.

I think the young man is in jail now.

As others are commenting, --- what do ya do,  or don't do?

56 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

sounds like theAmerican guy lives there,lucky the ex was not carrying a knife. and as usual i suppose everyone else looked on or got their phones out

Your supposition is a mile off, as usual, as you would know if you bothered to read the report (or not ignore what it actually said).

31 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Yeah, he should have kept his hands off me! Anything between me and my #@*$^! ex-wife is none of his business. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

And now we see why she's your ex.

I little insight into women; they don't like when you think you own them. 

32 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

It was just a wind-up to see who would take the bait (you did).

I haven't been near that sleazy cesspool Pattaya for years.

Okay but why are you on the forum then? Bored up in rural Isaan?

This can happen anywhere in Thailand or in the world for that matter, better let them sort it out themselves. An angry ex of either gender is not something to get involved in when they are both present.

If I was there at the time, I would had paid my bill and left immediately.

52 minutes ago, Enoon said:

In Thailand the compulsion to do the right thing can get you in trouble.

Real heroes don't weigh up the pros and cons.

Hope you're OK Bob.

They just get knifed, shot, or prosecuted. Always weigh up the pro's and con's here,if in doubt leg it.

When I was 19 years old a learned a very valuable lesson. I was running to get the bus this was 40 odd years ago and passed a man and woman who were having a serious argument to the extent that the man was punching the woman. I foolishly intervened asking the man to calm down he turned his anger on me and I defended myself only to have the woman attack me so I ran on and missed the last bus home it was a long journey. I have never interfered again no matter how my conscience prompted me.

I learned a long time ago, what's going on with Thais is not my business, nothing to do with me at all, I don't care what they do to each other, couldn't give a damn if a Thai kicks his missis down the road. I've been told a zillion times this is not my country, I'm only a "guest" in the country. So be it.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Too true Rob.

My mate and I were walking home in the early hours after finishing work at a UK nightclub. Saw a man walloping a woman as the argued like hell. We went over and told him to pack it in. He threw a punch at my mate who flattened him. The man and his lady friend were both drunk. What did she do - she got up, took a shoe off hit my mate, screaming at us to leave her man alone. Thankfully a policeman came and both were arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

You never know what goes on with couples. UK police hate domestic calls.

The Criminal Code in most Countries does not include, in Assault and/or Battery Code, any word relieving a spouse or ex-spouse from prosecution.

The ex had no right to take on someone defending his ex wife, except to defend him self.

Having said all that, don;t get in if you are fit and prepared to defend yourself, if he comes at you with a knife a Bar Stool or Chair will usually equalize some what !!

4 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

About a year ago a motorist here in Oz stopped to help a young lady being bashed by her young man, who in turn pushed the Vietnam veteran backwards hitting his head and he died.

I think the young man is in jail now.

As others are commenting, --- what do ya do,  or don't do?

Only witnessed it once in my 5 years here. A male had a female out next to the vehicle hitting her. True, as an American, I was taught to go to another person's aid (yes, yea, I know sticking our nose in other people's business) but I knew that I was in a different culture. I drove on but carry the guilt still. So, sue me!!!

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

Good on Bob for being a courageous and decent man.

It might be foolhardy in Thailand, but it is the right thing to do.

No it wasn't. It was the dumbest thing to do. While courageous and decent Bob is currently in hospital wrapped in bandages and possibly fighting for his life, the Thai man and his tirak are curled up in bed making love. What Bob failed to recognize is most of these Thais are still savages, but very deceptive savages. If Bob was up in the highlands of New Guinea and he saw a geezer with a bone through his nose and peacock feathers in his hat Bob would immediately identify that geezer as an uncivilized savage and steer clear of him. If the New Guinea savage was thumping his missis Bob would not intervene because he knows the savage would try kill him. But Bob was in Thailand and he sees the Thai man wearing civilized clothes and he doesn't have a bone through his nose, so Bob identifies the Thai man as a civilized man. So courageous and decent Bob intervened and the Thai savage put him in hospital. And now the Thai savage and his whore are in bed having a ball and Bob is in hospital.