Lampang woman furious with "big bank" after losing finger in branch door

webfact

Lampang woman furious with "big bank" after losing finger in branch door

3p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

LAMPANG: -- A Lampang woman has gone to the police after she lost a middle finger in a accident in a bank's main door.

Nareerat, 43, said that she has been offered a paltry 103,000 baht for her injury from insurance. Her efforts to get the bank to take proper responsibility have fallen on deaf ears despite earlier assurances.

The bank has just told her that they are not taking responsibility and the matter must be dealt with my the bank's insurance company, reports Sanook.

Said Nareerat, a Lampang native: "I have been a customer of this bank for 15 years. They couldn't care less about what has happened to me".

Now the police have summonsed the manager of the branch in the Sop Tui area of Lampang. And the case looks set to go to court.

Nareerat's woes began on the 17th of October after she left the bank where she had deposited some money. She caught her hand in the door and then looked in horror to see her middle finger severed on the ground and blood spurting everywhere. She promptly fainted.

When she came round the bank staff asked her if she had insurance and when she said "no" she was taken to Lampang Hospital where she hoped to get treated according to the government's 30 baht Gold Card system.

She waited from 10am to 2pm when she demanded to be taken elsewhere but, according to Nareerat, the bank manager said she must be treated there.

After waiting until 7pm to be seen it was then too late to reattach the finger.

Yesterday after months of being fobbed off by the bank and its manager Nareerat went to the police to step up the matter.

She has been offered 103,000 baht by the insurance company but she thinks she should get more and is willing to go to court.

Sanook.com did not name the bank but said it was a "big bank".

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-18

The bank should and must have a public liability insurance for such cases,

and I'm they have, they just don't want to bother to help a mere lowly

customer, if it was me, I'd sue the pants of them for millions.....

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

They have.......and the Insurance company offered her 103,000 Baht componsation?

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Agree, however in my experience local bank managers are very poorly informed about the management of the branch they are in charge of, often also not fully knowledgeable about standard banking policies etc., just make your own rules.

43 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Farang against Thai bank? Would love to see the outcome.

"A Lampang woman" the article says and as far as I know Lampang is still a province of northern Thailand, not the more infamous Farangland.

My guess is they delayed her treatment because they didn't know how to reattach a finger.

End result:  

"So sorry,  can not do now because finger die already".

"But you can go to pharmacy for paracetamol tablets !"

"Next !"

19 minutes ago, xerostar said:

My guess is they delayed her treatment because they didn't know how to reattach a finger.

End result:  

"So sorry,  can not do now because finger die already".

"But you can go to pharmacy for paracetamol tablets !"

"Next !"

More to do with this statement I suspect: "she was taken to Lampang Hospital where she hoped to get treated according to the government's 30 baht Gold Card system." 

There are designated hospitals you have to attend. If you attend a hospital not on the list you cannot claim.

Den

1 hour ago, Mangkhut said:

"A Lampang woman" the article says and as far as I know Lampang is still a province of northern Thailand, not the more infamous Farangland.

It was an answer to ezzra who said:"if it was me, I'd sue the pants of them for millions"

With only one quote many times it is hard to understand anything! :annoyed: grrrr the new quote system....    (:smile:)

2 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

Feel her pain. A post office door tried to bite my toe off once. Almost succeeded too, but of course the staff couldn't care less.

Just have to look where you are going next time.  Are you blind?  How can somebody lose a finger in a door?  It takes great talent.

She must not have bought the accident insurance policy that the nice staff at the bank had tried to sell her during her visit.  If she had, they would have taken her to a private hospital, where there was a better chance she would have been seen promptly.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Your David and their Goliath ezzra good luck. The insurance offered her 103,000 bahts for Thailand that seems in the ballpark. Good luck on getting more unless your super connected like I will see your bank and raise you 2. 

2 hours ago, denby45 said:

More to do with this statement I suspect: "she was taken to Lampang Hospital where she hoped to get treated according to the government's 30 baht Gold Card system." 

There are designated hospitals you have to attend. If you attend a hospital not on the list you cannot claim.

Den

Every hospital has to provide emergency treatment, after this, the patient will be sent to a designated hospital. Shouldn't have happend with a severed finger.

That door must be some kind that I have not seen, pretty strong to lop off a whole finger.

I have been to many banks in BKK, Hua Hin, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai etc, but have not seen

any finger eating doors yet.  103,00 baht is nearly 4000 Canadian dollars, and is nothing to sneeze 

at unless you have tried to get your own insurnace company to pay up.,, then it is pretty good

considering this is Thailand land  and not the Good old USA  or Canada.  In Europe, I am not

sure how generous the insurance companies are anymore.

Geezer