Hong Kong star Andy Lau seriously injured from horse-riding accident in Thailand

snoop1130

Hong Kong star Andy Lau seriously injured from horse-riding accident in Thailand

By Coconuts Bangkok

andylau2005.jpg

Photo: Flickr

Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau suffered a spinal injury after he fell from horseback while filming in Thailand.

The 55-year-old star arrived in Thailand on Jan. 16 to film a commercial outside of Bangkok, which required a scene of him riding a horse, Manager Online reported.

While he was on the horse, it suddenly threw him off and stomped on him. The accident reportedly caused him bone fractures.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/18/hong-kong-star-andy-lau-seriously-injured-horse-riding-accident-thailand

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-1-18

Very sad to hear.Andy started out as a singer who made it to the top in Hong Kong and then made a very successful transition to films where he managed  another hugely award winning career.Hope he makes a quick recovery.Have enjoyed several of his films recently.

• 1 month later...

Andy Lau out of hospital 2 months after horse-riding accident in Thailand

By Coconuts Hong Kong

al.jpg

Photo: Andy Lau

HONG KONG: -- Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau is finally out of the hospital, two months after a horse-riding accident in Thailand left him with a fractured pelvis.

In a blog post on his official website this morning, Lau wrote:

“I spent the whole day yesterday doing medical examinations, and got the results back in the evening. I was sitting peacefully on my wheelchair as the doctor explained them, but didn’t register anything until he said, ‘you can go home now!’. I almost leapt up to hug him, but alas, I’m not able to do that quite yet.”

Referring to his fans as his dear family, Lau continued, “My pelvic fracture is healing well. My spine, sciatica, muscle and tendon injuries have also been gradually recovering. Things are starting to look up!”

Full story: https://coconuts.co/hongkong/lifestyle/andy-lau-hospital-2-months-horse-riding-accident-thailand/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-03-10