Handicapped burger seller says his "life has collapsed" after media attention

webfact

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

As far as I know foreigners can legally sell food, providing it is connected to tourism, bit of a grey area but can be done. He must have been working here for 3 years of course to have started down the citizenship road and I doubt that very much, he barely looks old enough to have been here long enough to get it with PR before with all his prior history

are you sure about that?  and you give credence to the 'he has Thai citizenship'?  I have never met anyone who has 'Thai citizenship'  have you?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/news/train-accident-survivor-beats-all-odds-1-584953

No mention of being a pilot here, it says accident was in 2001 and in 2004 was still in the UK with prior wife and kiddie. So i'd love to read his how I got Thai citizenship story. He was 21 when he lost his legs so not long to be a pilot, if he was.

Edited by thai3

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier in the day a call from a Thaivisa reporter to Mr Payne was unanswered and no return call was forthcoming.

I hope they were calling to check if he would like the report about him to be published or not on the forum.

Some how I doubt it.

3 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

if he only would wear long trouser , nobody would notice him.

Then he would just be the farang selling burgers , do that in a quiet soi and nobody cares.

Sorry for his loss, but also a little bit to blame on himself.

Ever thought it might be hot in BKK so he wears shorts the same as everyone else.

3 hours ago, Seismic said:

How was he breaking the law ??. The man had Thai Citizenship.

However, if true that he's a Thai citizen, then he's well within his rights to work any job he wishes.  So why fold the business due to a what other people think? 

20 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

are you sure about that?  and you give credence to the 'he has Thai citizenship'?  I have never met anyone who has 'Thai citizenship'  have you?

I have, know a bloke just getting it been here 30 years. I do not think it's possible to get it in 12 years

8 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

The man says please leave me alone and gives his reasons. So what does thai visa do runs another story tries to phone him and let's the negative bitch slapping of a man who clearly wants to be left alone start all over again. I see the real Thai visa on this thread.

Maybe he's worried the ex wife in the UK will find out where he is?

He has been trolled... Only the strongest can survive, good luck.

However, an Ex pilot that faint right on the train track while jogging, and wakes up after the train had run over his legs, hard to swallow... And then the same dude comes to Bkk to sell burgers and runaway after a few troll's comments ? utter BS

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

Perhaps those companies...Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc...are a reflection of the public they purport to serve. But all the while posing as honest brokers and facilitators with a social conscience, and in spite of the billions they give away, they really reflect corporate greed at its worst. In that regard I prefer up-front capitalists, what-you-see-is-what-you-get, rather than the creepy Zuckerberg types with the crocodile tears every time a Facebook-bullied teen commits suicide. Crying all the way to the bank. Vile individual.

Thank you, Prbkk for so succinctly encapsulating my own views on FB and the like.  I think this may explain much of what is wrong with the world now.

Plus, also explaining my own relatively low post-count, which doesn't worry me quite as much as  appears to be so important to other members.

As we said in school many years ago:

"Non carborundum illegitimi".

I believe this sentiment was expressed by another post in this thread.  I sincerely hope the good burger seller takes heart from these posts and recovers his life.

Cheers, UW.

Facebook is a big mistake for many, I for one do not use Facebook and do not like anyone using my name on Facebook. I am very happy with friends, relatives and past acquaintances not knowing where I am or what I'm doing. I use the phone or write a letter when needed.

4 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

I bet he gets disability money from his home country.

To bad you could not trade places with him and find out. I am sure your thinking would change. Geeze

1 minute ago, louse1953 said:

he just wanted to make people happy and be left alone "

And make some money on the side.

If you want to be left alone keep off fb, line, the newspapers and off the telly. You can't really expect 100% believers and supporters, especially if you are not telling the truth

I think we should all attack those who have attacked this man.

Seems no one is interested in "bringing all us Foreigners together" in one voice, so we all attack each other?

When you do something "different" then we should all attack you?

God Bless this man.....

Did anyone notice that he really has more to cope with than your booze fund?

5 minutes ago, UniqueWord said:

Thank you, Prbkk for so succinctly encapsulating my own views on FB and the like.  I think this may explain much of what is wrong with the world now.

Plus, also explaining my own relatively low post-count, which doesn't worry me quite as much as  appears to be so important to other members.

As we said in school many years ago:

"Non carborundum illegitimi".

I believe this sentiment was expressed by another post in this thread.  I sincerely hope the good burger seller takes heart from these posts and recovers his life.

Cheers, UW.

The good the bad and the ugly of mass media Facebook all of them. 

1 minute ago, welovethailand said:

I think we should all attack those who have attacked this man.

Seems no one is interested in "bringing all us Foreigners together" in one voice, so we all attack each other?

When you do something "different" then we should all attack you?

God Bless this man.....

Did anyone notice that he really has more to cope with than your booze fund?

Its called disunity its why the world is in such a mess. 

4 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

I bet he gets disability money from his home country.

Do you have a problem with that?

I certainly don't though I do have a problem with so many negative posts on this and the other thread.

The expression " Walk a mile in his shoes" might fit you but first you would have part of your legs amputated to wear the shoes.

Idiom Definitions for 'Walk a mile in my shoes'

This idiom means that you should try to understand someone before criticising them.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Thats  funny........... there are some real wackos out there, You Tube  has some terrible  comments between folk

Your right,Utube is the best of the worse,vile comments from cowards that would never say it to your face.I like it,makes me look good.

2 hours ago, Steve123456 said:

He had the guts to do what most people would not do with his disability, why crucify the guy, just leave him alone and concentrate on your own lives, at least HE wants to work 

So it's ok if you have a disability to break the law putting his family life here at risk.Deported and then what.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

I have an anon a/c for operational necessity but have never posted or liked anything or friended anyone.

Yes,, because having an anon, account, NOT posting, NOT liking, NOT friending anyone on a SOCIAL networking site, is currently the "LAW" of the land in every country around the world now,,, good on you,,, ONE word question,,,, WHY?

Edited by Adeeos

5 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

I think it would be best to close any thread related to nonameburgers. We should respect his explicit wish and stop talking about him. Mods?

good god ,   man up a wee bit ...........

55 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I have, know a bloke just getting it been here 30 years. I do not think it's possible to get it in 12 years

ok, well... it must be rarer than a virgin on Walking Street but possible... but I somehow doubt doubt this guy has it, was a pilot or has a work permit but you have pointed out it is "possible"