webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, dexterm said:

Fortunately we live in more enlightened times under international law and the Geneva Convention to which Israel and the USA are signatories, and not under the rule of Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun.

And also please in future include my entire quote so as not to distort its meaning and disrupt the flow of the discussion...which is against forum rules, but which you repeatedly abuse.

You do, and actually did some time ago, the same thing, quoting parts of a reply.

But these rules do apparently not apply to you.

Also end posting your drivel and lies about Israel versus Palestinians.

1 hour ago, bandito said:

You do, and actually did some time ago, the same thing, quoting parts of a reply.

But these rules do apparently not apply to you.

Also end posting your drivel and lies about Israel versus Palestinians.

I think you will find that I always quote the entire post I am replying to as the header. Then I may single out particular points to comment on using >> and italics. Thereby readers can see the entire context of the previous poster's point of view, and the particular points I wish to address.

I have been doing this for about 6 months now, since I had quite a long well thought out post deleted because I accidentally distorted someone's POV by not quoting their entire post. The forum rule on the matter is too vague for me, so I try to err on the side of caution.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Edited by dexterm

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump has invited Netanyahu to Washington next month and his administration is getting closer to moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. It looks like he is determined to do the right thing and back our allies up.

Trump's spokesperson actually said "We are at the very beginning stages of even discussing this subject". Doubt anything will happen in the immediate future. As for "do the right thing" - that would depend if one saw Israel's interest as identical with the views held by Israel's political right wing.

21 hours ago, Morch said:

I can think of more than one reason, non of which are on topic, other than for those seeing any such topic as a bash-fest. As said, Israel is far from a perfect democracy, and is less than stellar on human rights. That doesn't automatically make it the worse country on earth, nor does it imply it is similar to Apartheid era South Africa. The same view is held by non other than the former South African president, de Klerk.

Well then De Klerk is someone who knows what he is looking at then?

1 hour ago, Kiwiken said:

Well then De Klerk is someone who knows what he is looking at then?

His view was that the current situation in Israel does can not be equated with how things were in South Africa. There wouldn't be Arab politicians, judges, and law enforcement officers. There would be no voting rights, civil liberties and whatnot. He did not say that Israel is the paragon of Western democratic ideals, but that it isn't as bad as some claim. The caveat (which was also included in his words) was that this could be claimed insofar as Israel did not annex the West Bank and the Gaza Strip without giving the Palestinians full civil rights. It is a position that while cautionary, does not entail hyperbole views as presented earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I think is a pretty clear and objective description of the Israeli annexation movement --

EXPLAINED: Since Trump Won, All Israel Is Talking About Annexation. Why?

Since Trump won the presidency, annexation of parts of the West Bank has become central to Israeli political discourse, filling Hebrew headlines and parliamentary debates. Here’s what the term means, and why it’s on the lips and minds of so many Israelis today:

http://forward.com/news/israel/362047/explained-since-trump-won-all-israel-is-talking-about-annexation-why/?attribution=home-hero-item-text-3

C4bAwVyWcAM_ADM.jpg

El Nacional apologizes to the readers and to all those who felt affected by the publication.
Actor Baldwin imitates President Trump on the Saturday Night Live weekly show on the National Broadcasting Company (NBC), one of the most important in the United States.

Edited by Opl