Trump, now president, vows to put 'America First' in nationalist speech

rooster59

14 minutes ago, dcutman said:

I dont have to research, I have lived this nightmare for to long under previous administrations. I am fully aware, it is you, and your kind that have been believing this BS you have been fed for so long.

You keep believing what the media tells you to believe. DA

What nightmare?  I've lived under the previous administrations also.  Life is OK.  The economy is OK.  And the US is doing better than most of the rest of the world.  So what nightmare are you talking about?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has A LOT of work to be doing. The typical definition of a Third World country focuses on “indicators”: poverty rates, infant mortality, literacy, homicide rates, prison rates and so on. also I would like mention that I am speaking about right now, and for a country to develop FULLY socially, morally and technologically, it must go through a lot of growing pains and violent events. My point is that the US is not a developed nation yet, it took the ones that are right now many hundreds if not thousands of years to do so, the US isn't even 300 years old yet. It has just taken a lots technology with it, that is all 

1. A clear signifier that points to a nation being socially evolved and developed is if that nation still uses capital punishment. Killing as a form of punishment is rarely ever seen in the developed world. It has been proven time and time again not to be a deterrent and furthermore causes innocent people to be caught up in it. More importantly however is the fact that a government simply cannot kill it's own people as a form of punishment and then expect the very same people not to kill each other, that is a double standard. 

2. On the topic of killing, the US has a murder rate that falls into the category of a developing nation. Here are just a few numbers: 
US murder rate - 3.9 
Japan murder rate - 0.3 
Iran murder rate - 3.9 
Israel murder rate - 1.7 
Switzerland murder rate - 0.5 
Germany murder rate - 0.9 
Egypt murder rate - 3.4 
Sudan murder rate - 6.4 and so forth.. 
The US murder rate also dwarfs many developing nations, like Iraq, which has a murder rate less than half of the US. More than half of the most deadly mass shootings documented in the past 50 years around the world occurred in the United States, and 73 percent of the killers in the U.S. obtained their weapons legally. 

3. America imprisons 716 people per 100,000 citizens (of any age). That's significantly worse than Russia (484 prisoners per 100,000 citizens), China (121) and Iran (284). The only country that incarcerates a higher percentage of its population than America does is North Korea. This in turn trickles down through society causing all kinds of social problems within families and society itself. 

4. Many American counties, especially in the deep South, life expectancy is lower than in Algeria, Nicaragua or Bangladesh. The U.S. is the only developed country that does not guarantee health care to its citizens. Which again leads me to elude to the fact that the US government doesn't really give a damn about it's people. Even while you spend more than twice as much of your GDP on healthcare than the average for the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), a collection of rich world countries. The U.S. has an infant mortality rate that dwarfs comparable nations, as well as the highest teenage-pregnancy rate in the developed world, largely because of the politically-motivated unavailability of contraception in many areas. The U.S. is among only three nations in the world that does not guarantee paid maternal leave (the other two are Papua New Guinea and Swaziland). 

5. By almost every measure, the U.S. tops out OECD countries in terms of income inequality, largely because America has the stingiest welfare state of any developed country. This inequality has deep and profound effects on American society. 

6. The US is now officially the poorest developed country as measured by median wealth per adult. Match this fact to my other points then it is clear to see how the US is behind the scenes a developing country, not a developed one. Having technology and shiny things doesn't mean sh*t in retrospect. China has a lot of cool stuff for example. 

7. The United States infrastructure is slowly crumbling apart and is in desperate need for repair. One study estimates that your infrastructure system needs a $3.6 trillion investment over the next six years. But of course you spend more money on war (which as a country you have been at war for around 95% of the entire time you have been established as a country) and you have trillions in debt.
Edited by JustNo

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Mathew Paris captures the feelings of many.

"The Americans have elected a turkey as their president. He looks like a turkey, walks like a turkey, gobbles like a turkey — he is a turkey. There is nothing in Donald Trump’s record, in the appointments he has made or in his disgusting inaugural speech yesterday that prompts second thoughts. The new president is no evil genius, he’s just tiresome, rude and silly: one of those vexatious, loud and unpleasant people we do best to avoid."

Totally agree, overweight arrogant loudmouth.

See a lot of those in Pattaya too. ?

26 minutes ago, nigelnigel said:

He also said he won't impose the will and culture of America to other countries but WILL protect the interests of USA. Put it in the perspective of what you would do for your family and your home. Would you sacrifice the safety of your family for the benefit of the neighborhood or city? Would you say that the lives of your family and the sanctity and safety of your home was NOT paramount? 
The thing I find most surprising is the way people react to the ideals of America first (NOT say ONLY America and forget all other interests of other countries) The safety and protection of America First, giving back the country to the PEOPLE, etc. All of these things are what makes America the great country it is and now all of a sudden it's an appalling thought? Oh..and it's the foundation of our constitution which happens to be the longest lasting constitution in the world. 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/aug/08/jon-huntsman/oldest-surviving-one-document-text/

There are many things that's helped to make America great.  To say "make America great again" is to say it's not great now.  Well, it is.  Trump's speech was a populist one.  Just like Thaksin used here and Duerte used in the Philippines.  And look how that's turned out.

Luckily, it's not all up to Trump.  Congress needs to approve most of his actions.

Every country should put their people and country first.  But, we don't live in isolation.  It's a global economy, a global society.  The US is, after all, a nation of immigrants.  Economies grow faster when working with their global partners, not fighting them.  That's a proven fact.

12 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, jobs have been lost abroad, but, it's estimated that 9 out of 10 jobs lost in the rust-belt was due to automation.

What's he going to do about that? Lower productivity?

It makes great fodder for his speeches to those who drink the kool aid.  As you state, it's a complicated matter and not easily solved.

2 hours ago, dcutman said:

Well the globalist policy we have had for the last 25 years does not seem to have worked out all well for us.

True that. It has resulted in the loss of millions of jobs. On the other hand, it is a more globalist world. Unless of course you are China or Thailand, and then you have one of the most protectionist policies on the planet. You talk about globalism, but it is a one way door. Out, but not in. There has to be a balance. The US does not have the clout it had 30 years ago, on the world stage. And Chinese trade with the US is down from 60% to 22%. So, he has to be careful, and as always figure out a way to not let his hubris, arrogance, hatred, bad judgment, lack of education on the world stage, and tweets get in the way of real progress. I am hoping his presidency is able to create some real economic progress. In my opinion the economy under Obama was not nearly as good as they professed. I am not a supporter of Trump. But, I am hoping some good things come out of this, and Hillary definitely was not the answer to what the US needed. Maybe Bernie. Maybe. But, the DNC treated him like a sewer rat, and got what they deserved. Alot of egg on the face. Time for reform. 

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

He is what the USA has now. I say give him a chance. 

I don't know who wrote this, but it seems an apt response:

"I listened as they called my President a Muslim.
I listened as they called him and his family a pack of monkeys.
I listened as they said he wasn't born here.
I watched as they blocked every single path to progress that they could.
I saw the pictures of him as Hitler.
I watched them shut down the government and hurt the entire nation twice.
I watched them turn their backs on every opportunity to open worthwhile dialog.
I watched them say that they would not even listen to any choice for Supreme Court no matter who the nominee was.
I listened as they openly said that they will oppose him at every turn.
I watched as they did just that.
I listened.
I watched.
I paid attention.
Now, I'm being called on to be tolerant.
To move forward.
To denounce protesters.
To "Get over it."
To accept this...
I will not.
I will do my part to make sure this great American mistake becomes the embarrassing footnote of our history that it deserves to be.
I will do this as quickly as possible every chance I get.
I will do my part to limit the damage that this man can do to my country.
I will watch his every move and point out every single mistake and misdeed in a loud and proud voice.
I will let you know in a loud voice every time this man backs away from a promise he made to them.
Them. The people who voted for him.
The ones who sold their souls and prayed for him to win.I will do this so that they never forget.
And they will hear me.
They will see it in my eyes when I look at them.
They will hear it in my voice when I talk to them.
They will know that I know who they are.
They will know that I know what they are.
Do not call for my tolerance. I've tolerated all I can.
Now it's their turn to tolerate ridicule.
Be aware, make no mistake about it, every single thing that goes wrong in our country from this day forward is now Trump's fault just as much as they thought it was Obama's.
I find it unreasonable for them to expect from me what they were entirely unwilling to give.
Do not expect any quarters here!" Author unknown.
*         #TheResistance

I would add:
I watched as they called them uppity.
I watched as they called it a terrorist fist jab
I watched as they called the First Lady, a baby mama.
Tolerate them now? Not a chance

Comparing Donald Trump and Barack Obama's inaugural crowd sizes

"He campaigned on the huge crowd sizes, but the turnout for the inauguration of President Donald Trump appears to be smaller

than that of his predecessor as measured by side-by-side photos of the two events."

"There is empty ground exposed in the Trump photos."

"The same spots were almost entirely covered eight years ago,

when estimates at the time suggested 1.8 million people attended the inauguration." :whistling:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-size/index.html

Trump's crowd size misses his mark

"For someone preoccupied with the size of his audiences, President Donald Trump appeared to draw an anemic one on Friday."

"In the run-up to the inauguration, Trump had promised an "unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout,"

but early evidence suggests the festivities in Washington fell far short of that mark."

"Attendance at the Thursday concert also appeared to fall short of Obama's 2009 pre-inauguration show based on visual comparisons, with reports circulating that estimated a crowd of 10,000 at Trump's affair versus 400,000 for Obama’s." :laugh:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-inauguration-turnout-233876

Edited by iReason

39 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

What nightmare?  I've lived under the previous administrations also.  Life is OK.  The economy is OK.  And the US is doing better than most of the rest of the world.  So what nightmare are you talking about?

The nightmare was that a black guy was president, I can't use the "n" word, gays have equal rights, women aren't chattel. One down, three to go before the nightmare is over.

21 minutes ago, iReason said:

Comparing Donald Trump and Barack Obama's inaugural crowd sizes

"He campaigned on the huge crowd sizes, but the turnout for the inauguration of President Donald Trump appears to be smaller

than that of his predecessor as measured by side-by-side photos of the two events."

"There is empty ground exposed in the Trump photos."

"The same spots were almost entirely covered eight years ago,

when estimates at the time suggested 1.8 million people attended the inauguration." :whistling:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-inauguration-crowd-size/index.html

I looked at the photos at your link.

all that white in the photo of the Trump inauguration is not empty space. It just looks like that because so many attendees came in their white hoods and robes.

Fact-checking Donald Trump's inaugural address

"You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before."

"His victory was not unprecedented, however, in terms of votes in the Electoral College, and he lost the popular vote to Clinton by more than 3 million."

"He won almost 57 percent of the available votes in the Electoral College, which puts him in the bottom quarter of presidents in American history, and no better than the bottom one-third since the end of World War II."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/20/donald-trumps-inaugural-address-fact-checked/

The BS continues right out of the gate...

Edited by iReason

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

Mathew Paris captures the feelings of many.

"The Americans have elected a turkey as their president. He looks like a turkey, walks like a turkey, gobbles like a turkey — he is a turkey. There is nothing in Donald Trump’s record, in the appointments he has made or in his disgusting inaugural speech yesterday that prompts second thoughts. The new president is no evil genius, he’s just tiresome, rude and silly: one of those vexatious, loud and unpleasant people we do best to avoid."

He is unfortunately the epitome of how many people see Americans.......see jayboys description above.  He forgot to add the word 'brash'.

I've heard many Trump supporters say things along the lines of "we want Trump because people are laughing at America". What these people don't realize is that the reason people have been laughing at America is that we've always suspected that the American people are capable of electing someone like Trump. President Trump was literally a joke on the Simpsons 10 years ago. Now it' real. President Trump. Punchline to the great American joke.

2 hours ago, jackh said:

There it is, just like I was saying all alone. I loved the way he stood up calling a spade a spade in regards to Islam and terrorists. Obama never admitted to this worldwide problem which he says never happens in the USA.

Obama is now a quickly fading bad memory. The rotten tooth has been extracted! Now the swamp can be drained. God Bless Trump...you da man!

555, Drain the swamp and replace them with Goldman Saks Banksters! Too funny!

12 minutes ago, iReason said:

Fact-checking Donald Trump's inaugural address

"You came by the tens of millions to become part of a historic movement, the likes of which the world has never seen before."

"His victory was not unprecedented, however, in terms of votes in the Electoral College, and he lost the popular vote to Clinton by more than 3 million."

"He won almost 57 percent of the available votes in the Electoral College, which puts him in the bottom quarter of presidents in American history,

and no better than the bottom one-third since the end of World War II."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/20/donald-trumps-inaugural-address-fact-checked/

The BS continues right out of the gate...

"We had a massive landslide victory, as you know, in the Electoral College," Trump told Chris Wallace on the Dec. 11 edition of Fox News Sunday.

In fact it ranks 46 

"While Trump positioned himself as a champion of working Americans, the Tax Policy Center non-partisan think tank estimates that his tax proposals would not only add $7.2 trillion in U.S. government debt over the first 10 years, but are skewed to help the wealthiest Americans."

Which he just happens to be one of,but still can't pay tax.This is what it is all about,get somebody in there and more rorting of the taxpayer.

15 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I looked at the photos at your link.

all that white in the photo of the Trump inauguration is not empty space. It just looks like that because so many attendees came in their white hoods and robes.

No, if you even bother to read the article. White space is plastic for rain protection. 

The empty space beside the white plastic, the ground/dirt both left and right. Its pretty empty there during Trumps inauguration, during Obamas inauguration it was packed.

President Trump will cause a trade war which will cost the USA  millions of jobs. 

Why?

The USA's  biggest trading partner and market is Canada. In excess of US $1.5 billion transacts  every day between the 2 countries with the balance in favour of the USA. Canada is the largest export market for more than 1/2 of the US states and in the top 3 for another 1/3. Over 9 million US jobs depend on easy access to the Canadian market. And yet, President Trump and friends want to threaten and bully their most important market? Is this really good business?

Oh yes, we hear about  the trade groups 2 favourite complaints; Lower cost lumber from Canada and the auto manufacturing sector. News flash to the USA, impose additional duties on softwood lumber and watch your housing market collapse because consumers can't afford the  $10,000 extra just so a small group of mega corporation lumber suppliers can make higher profits. The complaining about auto plants in Mexico and Canada?  It's BS. Does the USA actually think it will be able to sell its automobiles and trucks to Mexico and Canada if it discriminates against them? The US auto manufacturing sector  needs the Mexican and Canadian markets to survive. US manufacturing jobs depend on that market access.

It cannot be a one way street in favour of the USA. Countries will impose countervailing duties and the big winner will be China. As the US tightens the screws on China, the EU, India, Canada and others will rush in to fill the void and they will purchase more from China avoiding US products.

Canadian consumers purchase most of Florida's agricultural exports. They can switch to South American suppliers. The GOP's die hard support in the panhandle will evaporate overnight if the  Florida economy loses its major export market.

Trump wants to buy American first. Good for him. The rest of the world will start buying anyone but the USA first. Watch what happens to US jobs.  US corporations are global enterprises now and they need foreign sales.

Oh and all those jobs that supposedly went to Mexico? Nope. Didn't really happen they way  the US politicians  say it did.  Yes, some  jobs went to Mexico, but the vast majority of jobs just stopped being available. Robbie the Robot and Otto Automation replaced millions of US workers. Those jobs are not coming back because they do not exist anymore.

Edited by geriatrickid

Just received my weekly newsletter from several investment banks - Credit Suise one reads " Donald Trump has inherited an economy in strong shape from Barack Obama. As highlighted by the US Federal Reserve (Fed) Chair Janet Yellen, the economy is close to the Fed’s targets for employment and inflation. "

On the note of putting American first, how many jobs has Trump outsourced? and his companies even abuse the working visa system to bring in foreign talent. Why so silent from Trump supporters on this topic?

I do wish Trump succeed, its the best for everyone now. But that doesn't mean people can't criticize his poor policies and his hypocritical statements that his followers are gobbling up.

1 hour ago, dcutman said:

I could care less who agrees with your comments or the comment made by his cabinet.

This country is jacked up and needs to be repaired. If the Mexicans and the Chinese dont like it, tuff <deleted>.

This country needs to be repaired:violin::violin::violin:by Trump and his family :crazy:

trump:made in China.png

Edited by Tchooptip