Condo Transfer with Owner being in USA??? HELP!!

Dear experts

I want to buy a condo in Thailand name/quota, owned by an American from Washington State. For health reasons he can not travel to Thailand, neither to the Thai embassy in LA.

1) Anybody could explain me the process and paperwork needed to be legalized at the Thai embassy in detail, please. What do we have to send him?

2) Anybody knows if this could be done by mail with the Thai embassy in LA?

Thank you for any advise how  to get this transfer resolved.  MS>

A lawyer here in Thailand could make up a power of attorney document, send it to the seller in U.S., who would then sign it, notarized, at Thai consulate, original then mailed back to Thailand. I dont think seller could do it by mail, seller would need to go to consulate in person.

You need to ask at the land office that will be dealing with the sale. Requirements vary from district to district.

Before anything is signed you need the land office to approve the wording. I have personally seen documents rejected 2 or 3 times until they were perfectly in line with what the land office required.

Also check what supporting documents are needed.

2 hours ago, moonseeker said:

I want to buy a condo in Thailand name/quota, owned by an American from Washington State.

This is not clear. Do you mean that you want to buy a Thai name unit owned by an American? If so you may be opening a very large can of worms. That said, if the owner is not Thai and the unit is Thai then presumably he owns it through a company structure. If so all you need to do is buy the company rather than the condo and the Land Office would not be involved. So see a company lawyer.

Personally I would not touch this with the proverbial bargepole, but that's not relevant.

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

This is not clear. Do you mean that you want to buy a Thai name unit owned by an American? If so you may be opening a very large can of worms. That said, if the owner is not Thai and the unit is Thai then presumably he owns it through a company structure. If so all you need to do is buy the company rather than the condo and the Land Office would not be involved. So see a company lawyer.

Personally I would not touch this with the proverbial bargepole, but that's not relevant.

My mistake sorry, missed a word.......Unit is in foreign name within quota......So, should be no problem there. Thank you all for the answers & for the correction.  Regards. MS>