PM: No hard feelings among Thais

rooster59

PM: No hard feelings among Thais

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNSOC600121001000201.jpg

BANGKOK, 21st January 2017 (NNT) – The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones, which is one of the characteristics of the people of Siam. 

In his weekly televised address, Prime Minister and leader of the National Council for Peace and Order, Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha called on citizens to leave the painful past behind them and look to the future, adding that national reconciliation requires cooperation by all sectors of society and that everyone has to find common ground and learn to get along despite differences. 

Gen Prayut said he wished to see all political groups work together to restore a true democracy and bring back the happiness the nation once enjoyed. To talk to each other, he said all sides must first open their hearts and act based on the best interest of the whole. 

To ensure a smooth administrative transition, he said a responsible committee will be formed under the power of the permanent constitution. The committee will assist the current government in its effort to pass on its duties to the next administration.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-21

My wife's family haven't spoken with their cousins, who live directly next door, for over 25 years all because of a petty squabble of who was to bring the kids home from school.

The PM is deluded when he talks about setting differences aside, it ain't gonna happen.

What's all this talk suddenly of 'Siam'? It is yanking Thailand back to the days (nearly 100 years ago) when there was a TOTAL ABSOLUTE monarchical system (even before the fig-leaf of pretend democracy), rather than the constitutional monarchy we now enjoy. 

The choice of the name 'Siam' is very revealing given recent events and obsequies  ....

Edited by Eligius

I see no more a sense of community here than I do in any other country I've been to. You can sing that national anthem under the flag all day long, it ain't gonna make people love each other simply because they're born on the same bit of land. 

Also, loving each other doesn't mean you have to dislike others to prove your love of something. That's just blind loyalty filled with resentment and bitterness. Learn to feel empathy and compassion for all, and you'll be on a much better path. 

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Day by day, in every way, the delusional thinking is becoming more evident. 

Pm knows that if he tells his bs enough. Again and agsin. The serfs will swallow it and believe it. Many examples but i cannot mention them here on the forum ???

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

My wife's family haven't spoken with their cousins, who live directly next door, for over 25 years all because of a petty squabble of who was to bring the kids home from school.

The PM is deluded when he talks about setting differences aside, it ain't gonna happen.

edwinchester, I think your last sentence is too long...the first four words would have been sufficient.

So he's still doing his weekly TV address. Haven't really heard much about it in recent months.

The Prime Minister believes Thai people are willing to let bygones be bygones

Yeah, I'm sure the families and friends of the 90 or so you ordered murdered feel like letting go.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

What's all this talk suddenly of 'Siam'? It is yanking Thailand back to the days (nearly 100 years ago) when there was a TOTAL ABSOLUTE monarchical system (even before the fig-leaf of pretend democracy), rather than the constitutional monarchy we now enjoy. 

The choice of the name 'Siam' is very revealing given recent events and obsequies  ....

Yes and we recall the stories not long after the Junta took control of wanting the ladies to return to the wearing of traditional tube dresses, the concern of the reduction of Buffalo numbers with the possible threat to their quaint vision of the loin clothed Issan farmer ploughing the fields with the Buffalo.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

national reconciliation requires cooperation by all sectors of society

To adhere to the military's idea of reconcliation that includes amnesty for the military for all past, present and future events involving the military.

What could be simpler? Absolute power.

14 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It was THE reconciliation that broke the reconciliation camel's back. 

Fair enough  estimation, Prayut - O - cha started well then went they way of all military Junta's, totalitarian control............................:coffee1:

A shit talker and a failed leader. He must be in the future history book as the worst leader of all time. His non reforming platform and taking Thai people as complete idiots. No wonder this guy needs a brain wash TV show. Honestly your not fit to manage MC Donalds.

Been here for a few years now and many Thai friends.

In all that time I never heard them openly talking with so much disdain regarding certain sectors of the community as they are now.

Reconciliation, they say, is simply a worn out word.