Anyone know the history behind this building?

ctrunfree

I heard the story a long time ago but actually don't remember what it was (hey, I'm old!).  But I'm a bit confused why that author (google cite above) calls it the "white lion house" as I don't recall any lions of any color there (okay, there may be a few small gold ones).  Somebody has been spending a bunch of money to restore the place over the last year and it will be interesting what becomes of the place.  Here are a few pics (presuming I can figure out how to attach them):

WeirdHouse01.jpg

WeirdHouse02.jpg

WeirdHouse03.jpg

WeirdHouse04.jpg

Edited by CMBob

49 minutes ago, CMBob said:

(google cite above) calls it the "white lion house" as I don't recall any lions of any color there

here ya go 

there were two white lion statues outside there in october !2

and it was called janghuarinnakorn house :)

dave2

dead building wire gone 10 oct 12 2012_10100091.jpg

I believe the one house is still there abandoned. I'm fairly certain I saw it a few weeks ago when they were demolishing a wall. The owner murdered his entire family before committing suicide as I recall. Recently they have been developing other properties on the same lot.

I tried to walk in there and take photos and a "caretaker" in a shanty came out and said not to take photos and to get out and proceeded to rush me with a big stick in his hand. I had no doubt he would have used it on my noggin if I had not skedaddled.

I think it was a hi-so KTV at one time.  

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

I tried to walk in there and take photos and a "caretaker" in a shanty came out and said not to take photos and to get out and proceeded to rush me with a big stick in his hand. I had no doubt he would have used it on my noggin if I had not skedaddled.

I think it was a hi-so KTV at one time.  

Lol.  Same same here about 2 years ago....I and a friend just stepped 20 feet or so into the driveway to gander at the building and Mr. Caretaker (with a long stick and a nasty dog) came running out and acted like he was going to smack me with the stick.  We departed.

On 1/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, Puwa said:

Is it  near the murder house and haunted bowling alley?

Why was the bowling alley considered to be haunted as I never heard that before.

I bowled there many times with my Thai friends and with Thais being superstitious I'm surprised it was considered to be haunted and they went.

I actually miss the place and wish it was still open rather than having to go to Kad Suan Kaew. Chiang Mai sure could use a nice modern and well decorated bowling facility....

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Why was the bowling alley considered to be haunted as I never heard that before.

I bowled there many times with my Thai friends and with Thais being superstitious I'm surprised it was considered to be haunted and they went.

I actually miss the place and wish it was still open rather than having to go to Kad Suan Kaew. Chiang Mai sure could use a nice modern and well decorated bowling facility....

Good question, maybe it just suffers by association.