Women's anti-Trump march clogs Washington streets

rooster59

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

What complete nonsense. This kind of dishonest political rhetoric helped get the man elected. It is so ridiculous that voters just ignored it and every other point that those spewing it made. EVERY candidate has some wackos supporting them and Trump rejected racist groups repeatedly.

Alt right icon right by his side. Bannon. Racist Sessions as Attorney General.

Not convincing, dude. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I don't know how to put this, but I have zero respect for trump and that follows through to anyone that voted for him. So I don't really care about your promises to call him out later. 

I don't know how to put this, but I have zero respect for you and that follows through to anyone who shares your little girl hysteria.  So I don't really care about your promises about "a resistance."  

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Alt right icon right by his side. Bannon. Racist Sessions as Attorney General.

Not convincing, dude. 

Yes, we know.  Everyone who disagrees with your special interest group agenda (because that's what you represent, right?) is either an -ist or a -phobe, right?  Couldn't be that we just think you're wrong, huh?  

I just scrolled through the many photos, each of an anti-Trump protest in a different place - throughout the US and the world.   Amazing.  I've been calling Trump "The Divider" for months, and I will continue, but in a warped way he's also 'The Uniter.'   He's united good people around the world, with their disgust for him and his policy proposals.

here's a link to the photos.  I was moved by seeing them.  There are protests nearly everywhere, from Antarctica to Bangkok, to Bogota, to little towns you may have never heard of.   This is just the beginning.  Stay tuned.

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Trump just set the world record for the guy rejected by more women in a single day in the history of humanity.

I think if you check the numbers, although not a guy, Hillary would be rejected by quite few more when it came to the American vote

Not surprising as she was prepared to undermine women by sanctioning lies over her husbands affair in an attempt to cling to the strings of power ......really what were the democrat selection committee thinking!!

Result Trump in the white house

14 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

Guess who was the women's march organizer.

Linda Sarsour, one of the organizers behind Saturday’s Women’s March, being held in Washington, D.C., was recently spotted at a large Muslim convention in Chicago posing for pictures with an accused financier for Hamas, the terrorist group.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

Who started the march? One woman  : Teresa Shook

"Hawaii grandmother Teresa Shook wanted to share her outrage with other women the night after Donald Trump was elected president, but she had few options in her remote island community. So she went on Facebook and in a popular political group wrote the first thing that came to mind: I think we should march."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-women-idUSKBN13U0GW

It started with a retiree. Now the Women’s March could be the biggest inauguration demonstration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/it-started-with-a-grandmother-in-hawaii-now-the-womens-march-on-washington-is-poised-to-be-the-biggest-inauguration-demonstration/2017/01/03/8af61686-c6e2-11e6-bf4b-2c064d32a4bf_story.html?utm_term=.ad0628d49f56

(Meredith Blake/Los Angeles Times)

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-womens-march-live-who-started-the-march-one-1485033621-htmlstory.html

Edited by Opl

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Some legal authoritarians think he's already committed impeachable offenses related to his business interests. Yes, the moment he was sworn in. Of course the trick is to get hard evidence and enough republicans to get on board. 

I see it now...

Joker

Republicans knew they could not beat Clinton fair and square so Trump is their trump ^^^ card, get him elected, Democrat's will petition for impeachment, Republicans half heatedly oppose thereby getting their man Mike Pence in through the back door.

The Democrat's should leave it to the Republican's to do their dirty work... :cheesy:

..... sorry.... still don't get what exactly the march is about ?.....

edit... i re-read the link... i guess extract sums it up

"It's just about showing up," said Gretchen Kryss, 29, a trainee psychologist who is driving to the rally from Cleveland with her fiancé and a group of friends.

General anti trump resistance with a focus on women's issues such as keeping abortion legal. trump's Supreme Court picks threaten that.

Inflammatory, troll posts and replies removed.   Continue and you will receive a suspension.   Do not used sexist remarks, do not used disguised profanity and do not make personal remarks directed at other members.  

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.  

55 minutes ago, Opl said:

It started with a retiree. Now the Women’s March could be the biggest inauguration demonstration.

I venture it's the biggest worldwide demonstration about anything ....ever!

I challenge anyone to name an international-scale demonstration which garnered 1/10th the folks.  A few runner-ups which come to mind:  

>>>  The outrage against Paris' Charlie Hebdo magazine workers who were murdered

>>>   anger against European cartoonists by Muslims

>>>   condolences for Nelson Mandela

None garnered the numbers that this current demonstration is getting.   

Another note:  nearly every one of the thousands of signs being held were hand-made.  Most often, when there's a demonstration, signs are mass produced.  Not with this one. 

29 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

most likely welfare leeches, i think most middle/working class americans would at least give him a chance ? ... beside BS marches inconveniencing normal people getting on with their lives and making a living ?

Welfare leeches?   Umm, let me think. Who gets the most hand-outs from the feds?  Oh, I just remembered!  It's Wall Street wheeler dealers like Goldman Sachs.  It's the Big 3 automakers.  It's Fanny May and Freddie Mack.  It's tax dodgers like Trump, who use millions of dollars of taxpayer-paid infrastructure, while paying nothing in taxes.  

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

General anti trump resistance with a focus on women's issues such as keeping abortion legal. trump's Supreme Court picks threaten that.

Regards other post..... if most states are already sorted regards outcome.... pre election.... does that equal corruption... or vote rigging?

just curious as to perception.... especially as I saw no personal attacks, so cannot assimilate data 

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jingthing, you are a self-described homosexual.

Why do you care of women's issues?

You've not a dog in that fight.

Trump nor Pence has ever said anything about repealing Roe-Wade.

They simply can not do that.

That is a legal issue for the supreme court.

It would not happen.

I've not an issue with abortion...

as long as it is not funded by federal $$$.

Each state can do what they want, as it should be.

As an aside,

that report on planned parenthood recently came out.

Very damning. Proven they were indeed selling baby parts.

So much so that they were un-welcomed at this woman march.

So what are you really concerned about,

loosing gay rights?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

trump being elected is what went wrong. Duh!

At first. When you commenting on someone.

Be consistent and don't do cherry picking. Where is rest of my comment?

Don't be pussy.

Yes, he was elected. You, me or anybody can't change that.

That's democracy. There were two horrible candidates and one of them was elected.

Acting like it's gonna be end of the world it's just pathetic ...

Hollywood celebrities, 10 times divorced, demanding assistants to carry around their dogs, whoring naked in video clips ... presenting themselves like moral role models.

Bunch of feminist brainwashing young girls that their freedom is over because there's tiny possibility, they won't be able to have abortions in the future, because of Trump said something.

I mean come on ...

Edited by Matej

1 minute ago, Matej said:

That's democracy. There were two horrible candidates and one of them was elected.

Hollywood celebrities, 10 times divorced, demanding assistants to carry around their dogs, whoring naked in video clips ... presenting themselves like moral role models.

Bunch of feminist brainwashing young girls that their freedom is over because there's tiny possibility, they won't be able to have interruption in the future, because of Trump said something.

I mean come on ...

I hope your not suggesting that they stop making those celebrity video clips.

30 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I didn't know about that, but the numbers are pretty staggering. The alliances and friendships made, the connections and online infrastructure will live on and so this could just be the beginning of a sustained people's movement that could change politics for the better. Here's hoping.

here are some great signs from the March:

• #FreeMelania
  • No Country for Dirty Old Men
  • Sad!
  • Resistance is Fertile
  • Too Worried to be Funny
  • If Mom’s Not Happy, Nobody’s Happy
  • I Have a Vagenda
  • Manchurine Candidate
  • Orange Is the New Fascism
  • We Shall Overcomb
  • Make America Think Again
  • Think Outside My Box
  • IKEA Has Better Cabinets
  • Did You Remember To Set Your Clocks Back 60 Years Last Night?
  • Tweet All People Kindly
  •  

11 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I hope your not suggesting that they stop making those celebrity video clips.

Whoring around, trying to be super sexy, seductive and then complaining about sexism and men objectifying women.

Anyway. I hope you are not fan of those MTV video clips, because even average Thai ladyboy looks much better than them.

Just now, Matej said:

Whoring around, trying to be super sexy, seductive and then complaining about sexism and men objectifying women.

Anyway. I hope you are not fan of those MTV video clips, because even average Thai ladyboy looks much better than them.

Lol.... point conceded.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

I challenge anyone to name an international-scale demonstration which garnered 1/10th the folks.  A few runner-ups which come to mind:  

Challenge accepted....

The trial / executions of Sacco and Vanzetti, in 1927, garnered over 200, 000 protesters in Boston, as well as leading to ( some violent) protests in foreign countries / capitals.... including Paris, Brussels, Tokyo and Sydney.

all this in a world before the internet and social media... hell... even before the undersea comms cable was laid.... in those days it was printed newspapers on tramp steamers

were about?... Massachusetts... USA.... 

given the fact that this was pre world wide web....and that the US population was 1/3 of what it is now.... (so.... equivalent to 600,000 in today's numbers) then include variables for social media, lack of reading and give a fig skills.... and availability of transport etc etc...

score one to me, I think.

Edited by farcanell

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A recent ABC News/Washington Post poll found Trump had the lowest favorability rating of any incoming U.S. president since the 1970s.

Not so fast on this Kelly Anne Conway has come up with a new catch phrase for reports of low favorability ratings and lower turn out claims at the inauguration. I think this will be a common phrase when things go pear shaped for the Donald and the Republic congress. The phrase is called "alternate facts" kind of catchy don't you think. She is a real peach of a pear this woman. 

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/kellyanne-conway-defends-white-house’s-falsehoods-as-‘alternative-facts’/ar-AAm7hla?li=AAggNb9

For all of the non US citizens posting   the reason we Americans have the electoral college is democratic states would control the elections the electoral college make it a level playing field. California Neyland York and illinoise have enough votes to win every election for Democrats. This is what gives the country a fair election.

What's it about? A historic RESISTANCE to a historic MISTAKE. (trump.)

The Women’s March was a stand against complacency

The Women’s March was decidedly about women, their rights and the demand that they not be denied. But it was at least as much a message to Trump and to the country: Less than 24 hours after the new president took the oath of office, hundreds of thousands of Americans came together to say that they would not stand by in silence if the new administration threatened basic freedoms or the advances of the past eight years, and the last 50.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/01/21/the-womens-march-was-a-stand-against-complacency/?utm_term=.21e1cd0f5b7f

18 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

For all of the non US citizens posting   the reason we Americans have the electoral college is democratic states would control the elections the electoral college make it a level playing field. California Neyland York and illinoise have enough votes to win every election for Democrats. This is what gives the country a fair election.

Total misinformation. When the electoral college was started, California and Illinois didn't exist and neither did the Democratic or Republican parties. Careful spreading misinformation to foreigners. 

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total misinformation. When the electoral college was started, California and Illinois didn't exist and neither did the Democratic or Republican parties. Careful spreading misinformation to foreigners. 

Your right about california and Illinois but not right about why the electoral college exists. The population total for California, New York state and Illinois  total close to 68.7 million people. All three are overwhelmingly democratic states Ohio has almost 12 million people and Pennsylvania is almost 13 million people. Both democratic states.

Edited by USPatriot
More information

1 hour ago, Matej said:

At first. When you commenting on someone.

Be consistent and don't do cherry picking. Where is rest of my comment?

Don't be pussy.

Bunch of feminist brainwashing young girls that their freedom is over because there's tiny possibility, they won't be able to have abortions in the future, because of Trump said something.

I mean come on ...

Don't be pussy?
An unfortunate turn of phrase on a thread about the historically massive anti-trump WOMEN's march.

As far as the trivialization of the issues represented in the marches, well, I suggest doing some research that will reveal these issues and concerns are very real.