TV Members meet in Bar

stament

If anyone is interested in meeting up with a few other TV members sometime over the next month or so please advise by replying to this thread. I will then try to gauge responses and try to find a suitable venue.  On that note I think Old Town would be preferable as easiest for all and central.  Feel free to recommend any potential meeting places. We don't have to be limited to one place, we could go to two or three and advice specific times we are at each location.

A midweek event might be easier to avoid the crowds and ensure we have more space should there be an unexpected surge in interest! ????

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Why not just get drunk at home and carry on with the usual bickering online?

To have some change in the routine?  

Also when meeting in person, bickering rarely happens; it's weird.   

People can be raving lunatics online and then you meet them in person and they appear like certified gentlemen.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The TV gatherings I referred to on your earlier post were sponsored by TV.  If you wish to keep it outwith TV sponsoring that is up to you but the shindigs the TV ran here in CM were good events.  Suggest PM Admin and see if they are interested in putting up the cash etc.

6 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

People can be raving lunatics online and then you meet them in person and they appear like certified gentlemen.

Even if I were to come?

16 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Well I have been "certified",  so if I am about I would be in for a group meet-up.

Not sure this is a good idea as 'anonymity' is not something I cherish. If it were 'no names no pack drill' then maybe it could work but those TV gigs where everyone has a badge with their ID on could be bothersome if people have a drink then come across some moron they cross swords with online.

23 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

In past years when there used to be TV parties people would wear their name badges, I can't recall any incidents of any trouble between members, it was exactly the opposite

There has been a very large change in the nature of this forum since those days, very very large.  The stuff that takes up most of the space today almost did not exist back then.

7 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

There has been a very large change in the nature of this forum since those days, very very large.  The stuff that takes up most of the space today almost did not exist back then.

it's true the politics and everything's changed and i can't imagine if some of us ran into some junta-hugging moron we could stop ourselves from telling them what **** they are. Anonymity makes more sense then we don't know and can just enjoy a beer.

19 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Hi Winnie - I bet that is entirely true... I can almost imagine it as a game of sorts, where everyone meets as strangers using their real names and then afterwards reveals their user name... could be quite amusing... 

13 hours ago, stament said:

Because it's not as fun, I like to see the eyes of my enemies ?

Based on my past experience of meeting members in the flesh, perhaps better and safer for all if it's a meet by invitation only, known posters etc. Why not pick who you'd like to meet up with and send them an invitation.

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

it's true the politics and everything's changed and i can't imagine if some of us ran into some junta-hugging moron we could stop ourselves from telling them what **** they are. Anonymity makes more sense then we don't know and can just enjoy a beer.

I feel sure you could rise above petty forum squabbles and be civilised and sociable, recognising that not everyone shares your point of view, er, um, couldn't you?

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

I feel sure you could rise above petty forum squabbles and be civilised and sociable, recognising that not everyone shares your point of view, er, um, couldn't you?

I hope my general point has not passed you by...?   that it would be more comfortable and sociable if there were anonymity?  there are some real **** on TVF and I don't want to meet them people should not be forced to wear 'badges' if they don't want to nor should it stop a meet-up

13 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I hope my general point has not passed you by...?   that it would be more comfortable and sociable if there were anonymity?  there are some real **** on TVF and I don't want to meet them people should not be forced to wear 'badges' if they don't want to nor should it stop a meet-up

I did get that point, BUT, I think that online persona's and posters in the flesh are very different animals in many cases hence a posters past view on a particular subject shouldn't interfere in a face to face social environment, but that's just me perhaps.

Just now, chiang mai said:

I did get that point, BUT, I think that online persona's and posters in the flesh are very different animals in many cases hence a posters past view on a particular subject shouldn't interfere in a face to face social environment, but that's just me perhaps.

Maybe but there are some nutters around and I, for one, do not intend meeting one, drunk, in a bar with a beer bottle in his/her hand, but that's just me perhaps.

I think it should be a choice ..if you want to say your TV posting name than okay.  I would not like to say mine because personally, I am attacked too much here, and I don't want to give the crazies any info about myself.  Although frankly, I think I would get attacked less  ..however, some posters here never fail to shock me ..so better safe than sorry.

I know some of the posters here I would happily tell them who I am ..but I cannot control who will be there.  I will not be going, so this is just my opinion on the matter ...please don't cut the tires of some expat lady who arrives who you think might be me???

41 minutes ago, amykat said:

I think it should be a choice ..if you want to say your TV posting name than okay.  I would not like to say mine because personally, I am attacked too much here, and I don't want to give the crazies any info about myself.  Although frankly, I think I would get attacked less  ..however, some posters here never fail to shock me ..so better safe than sorry.

I know some of the posters here I would happily tell them who I am ..but I cannot control who will be there.  I will not be going, so this is just my opinion on the matter ...please don't cut the tires of some expat lady who arrives who you think might be me???

I'd quite like to see a meetup for TV's female posters .... how about it, Amykat - would there be more than just you , me and a couple of others?

13 minutes ago, buddhalady said:

I'd quite like to see a meetup for TV's female posters .... how about it, Amykat - would there be more than just you , me and a couple of others?

Well actually ...I have so many boyfriends right now that I am not sure how to schedule things ..even writing on here, is getting in the way of my extensive activities.  They are writing and and calling me, and they need things ..so ...I will do my best and consider it!

But I always have time for you buddhalady!!

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

In past years when there used to be TV parties people would wear their name badges, I can't recall any incidents of any trouble between members, it was exactly the opposite

Yes stuck to their keyboards

Plus some are that OLD to move from their room

They may not be able to travel far

I have my  small group of close friends

i do not need more

As if too many hard to please all the time

But good luck if you can get anyone to attend the old city