Bruce Springsteen says the 'new resistance' against Trump has begun

webfact

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

He is the President Of The United States now so Bryce get over it now and support Yiur Presdient or shut up 

If you know nothing else, know this:  Because Trump's buddies control both houses, guess what they secretly voted to do just before the inauguration:  Yup:  dissolve the 'Ethics' offices in both houses.  Trump and his family are smiling broadly while breathing sighs of relief.

2 hours ago, uptheos said:

There is only one thing to worry about.  What IF Trump is worse than Obama, Lord help us. (I know it's unlikely) If he's not then nothing changes (or gets better).

If Trump somehow, miraculously, became a bit decent and wise, he still wouldn't hold a candle to Obama.  Just on the topic of economics, I suggest you google Kansas and Brownback, to see how thoroughly a Republican boss can screw-up an economy.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-kansas-economy-20161031-story.html

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

A President who doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't do drugs? I understand why  Madonna and Bruce Springsteen have little in common with him and hate him for it.

I don't think Springsteen and Madonna hate Trump.  That's a strong word.  More likely, they want to see Americans be content, prosper, and reach their individual potentials.  

Note: Trump may not drink alcohol (but he lies all the time, so how do we know what he does?), .....but he's a drug dealer.  Alcohol is a drug, particularly the hard stuff.  Trump sells Vodka by the case.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, uptheos said:

Nothing to do with selling tickets.

I assume that should come with a question mark?

If any of it is about selling tickets then they should all make a killing because they are all singing the song of the people.

Actually I find it hard to argue with you when you have my great hero as your avatar!

Edited by dunroaming

I find it hilarious that gay supporters and womens groups back islam against Trump. islam hates gays and mutilates womens genitals. You are protected by Trump and Putin. You just dont know it. Stupid stupid people  try yourluck in iran or syria.

2 minutes ago, Goanna said:

I find it hilarious that gay supporters and womens groups back islam against Trump. islam hates gays and mutilates womens genitals. You are protected by Trump and Putin. You just dont know it. Stupid stupid people  try yourluck in iran or syria.

So if you are anti Trump you are pro Islamic terrorists?

And you call them stupid people?

3 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Simplistic.  Gays and Women know very well about the horrors that go on in Islam countries - particularly genital mutilation.  Even knowing that, they can still support women's rights  (including reproductive choices).

According to your logic, if I hear of a child rapist in Bangladesh, I should hate all Bangladeshis?   Nonsense.

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I assume that should come with a question mark?

If any of it is about selling tickets then they should all make a killing because they are all singing the song of the people.

Actually I find it hard to argue with you when you have my great hero as your avatar!

Yes, it still hasn't quite sunk in that he's gone, his poetry was outstanding and his style of singing magical. When you start losing people like that other things sort of lose importance.

Alright 'first we take Manhattan then Berlin'

2 hours ago, Vegetablebottom said:

These celebrities have, without doubt,  more talent than I as musicians, actors, etc. However, their opinions and declarations carry no more validity than anyone else. In the case of Lena Dunham, Sarah Silverstein, and a host of othe nobodies, they most certainly carry less. You are not the arbiters of knowledge or clairvoyance. Shut up and realize that a good old Kentucky boy working on his pickup doesn't need or want your Ivory Tower diatribe. 

You're right. Good 'ol Kentucky boy don't care 'bout no celebrity. Unless that celebrity is also a lying, pussy-grabbing a-hole—in which case he'll vote the man into the Oval Office. Yee-ha.

This may sound egotistical, but here goes:  when I listened to Springsteen talk on the recent NPR radio interview (promoting an auto-bio), it could have been me talking. It was uncanny.  We sound alike, including diction, voice tone, etc.  We share views on many things.  He and I are the same age and we were both playing the same types of R&B and soul music in bar bands during the late 60's and early 70's.  We were both leaders of our respective bands. He in NJ, me in D.C.   One of us got wildly famous, and the other, ....well, I joined a rural yogi community in California and went down different tracks.  However, within the past few years, we each wrote an auto-biography.  I also personally know one of the guys in the E-Street Band from High School days.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

So if you are anti Trump you are pro Islamic terrorists?

And you call them stupid people?

You're response is so brief as to

be unclear. If you want to make a concise point, please take the time to express it in a concise manner. It's worth the extra few seconds on the keyboard to ensure that the readers are clear about your point of view. Thanking you in advance, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

5 minutes ago, uptheos said:

Yes, it still hasn't quite sunk in that he's gone, his poetry was outstanding and his style of singing magical. When you start losing people like that other things sort of lose importance.

Alright 'first we take Manhattan then Berlin'

I met him once many years ago at a party in Notting Hill.  Didn't exchange more than a few words but an encounter I will never forget.

1 minute ago, Vegetablebottom said:

You're response is so brief as to

be unclear. If you want to make a concise point, please take the time to express it in a concise manner. It's worth the extra few seconds on the keyboard to ensure that the readers are clear about your point of view. Thanking you in advance, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

No further words needed in the world of those so blinkered they cannot see.

The guy won.. rightly or wrongly... like the uk voted BREXIT... now we have to leave ..just like people have to shut up and let trump preside over the USA. You never know he might actually do what he said he would. Your starting to be the laughing stock of the world... whining that you didnt get who you wanted in power.. well... do netter next time is all i can say... you live in a democracy and trump won fairly and squarley.... so li k your wounds and come.out in 4 yrars tome.to oust him... but have so.eo e a bit better than hillary. USA hahahaha what a load of whining yanks....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

39 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

After reading the OP, I knew Trumpsters had no choice but to denigrate the messanger.  They did it with DiNero, with M.Streep.  Trumpsters say Michelle O is a man and that HRC is a child sex abuser.   There are no depths too deep for Trumpsters to wallow.  

I heard Springstein speak in a recent radio interview.  I like him very much, tho I haven't listened much to his music.

5 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Simplistic.  Gays and Women know very well about the horrors that go on in Islam countries - particularly genital mutilation.  Even knowing that, they can still support women's rights  (including reproductive choices).

According to your logic, if I hear of a child rapist in Bangladesh, I should hate all Bangladeshis?   Nonsense.

Actually trumpalumpa has been sued 2 times in civil court for raping a young teen girl, (I think she was 13 at the time) her answer to why not report it when she was originally raped was essentially he is a powerful man that threatened to hurt me & my family. Sued once in Calif where the case was dismissed on technicalities, and I understand the NY case is still pending. 

I liked Springsteens music when I was young. He was really on a working persons level more than the impostor rich kid Mellencamp.

I liked "Born in the USA" which I understand still sells. Recently I saw a cover of that album modified:

safe_image.jpg

I think he won fairly.........it's the compulsive lying that bothers people.

Think about that............a US president that cannot stop lying.

Everyone thought that he would change once he was in the position. He hasn't and there are four more years to go before anything can be done.

No wonder many Americans are despairing.

2 hours ago, Vegetablebottom said:

These celebrities have, without doubt,  more talent than I as musicians, actors, etc. However, their opinions and declarations carry no more validity than anyone else. In the case of Lena Dunham, Sarah Silverstein, and a host of othe nobodies, they most certainly carry less. You are not the arbiters of knowledge or clairvoyance. Shut up and realize that a good old Kentucky boy working on his pickup doesn't need or want your Ivory Tower diatribe. 

I forgot to ask, were you talking about the comedian Sarah Silverman? never heard of a Sarah Silverstein. 

20 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Sure gays and women know about the horrific treatment they are subjected to in Muzz countries. Agreed. But you go on to say that even  knowing that, still have womens right. Who is "they"? Nothing personal, but let's not underplay this: in islamic countries, gays will likely suffer hideous deaths. Are you crazy?  Who in the islamic world would support a women's rights  (particularly as it pertained to reproductive rights)

The reason I'm so turned off by left wing people is coz you fail to acknowledge that thete is true evil allaround you.

38 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

No further words needed in the world of those so blinkered they cannot see.

I'm not trying to be facetious,  but your comment is an enigma. The meaning is so masked in pseudo intellectual claptrap as to be indesipherable. Don't try to be poetic just respond in plain language. 

29 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:
I wonder if Bruce has ever tuned into Youtube and checked out "The Clinton Chronicles" ? Totally beyond me how anyone of a sensible mind could vote for hrc.

That fine experienced and competent lady is off topic.

Edited by Jingthing

Sure gays and women know about the horrific treatment they are subjected to in Muzz countries. Agreed. But you go on to say that even  knowing that, still have womens right. Who is "they"? Nothing personal, but let's not underplay this: in islamic countries, gays will likely suffer hideous deaths. Are you crazy?  Who in the islamic world would support a women's rights  (particularly as it pertained to reproductive rights)
The reason I'm so turned off by left wing people is coz you fail to acknowledge that thete is true evil allaround you.

Incorrect. Evil acknowledged.

58 minutes ago, ellabbs said:

The guy won.. rightly or wrongly... like the uk voted BREXIT... now we have to leave ..just like people have to shut up and let trump preside over the USA. You never know he might actually do what he said he would. Your starting to be the laughing stock of the world... whining that you didnt get who you wanted in power.. well... do netter next time is all i can say... you live in a democracy and trump won fairly and squarley.... so li k your wounds and come.out in 4 yrars tome.to oust him... but have so.eo e a bit better than hillary. USA hahahaha what a load of whining yanks....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Now, Americans don't have to shut up when a new president is elected. I guess the sorry nation you hail from doesn't have the equivalent of the 1st amendment. You have my sympathies.