Smart Phone under ฿10,000

Issangeorge

On 2/15/2017 at 9:20 PM, abab said:

Ridiculous Zen ui is the reason why I will never buy Asus stupid phones and I can't believe that anybody likes this retarded software.

Samsung and of course Google phones are the closest to pure Android without shiiiite addons. I find really weird that people buy a phone that is not real Android, meaning that when they will change the brand the options will change.

Also, if you do not have pure android the updates are always delayed + more problems.

Chinese phones also have this problem, I only found that imobile didn't add a stupid heavy interface on their phones.

That may be the case with some Chinese phones but the Xiaomi Mi5 has no Chinese stuff on it. My wife didn't like the launcher so I downloaded the Google launcher from Play Store and it works just like her old Samsung. I think you have to make sure that you buy an international version. I did have a Lenovo that was full of Chinese junk that I couldn't get rid of.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:20 PM, abab said:

Ridiculous Zen ui is the reason why I will never buy Asus stupid phones and I can't believe that anybody likes this retarded software.

Samsung and of course Google phones are the closest to pure Android without shiiiite addons. I find really weird that people buy a phone that is not real Android, meaning that when they will change the brand the options will change.

Also, if you do not have pure android the updates are always delayed + more problems.

Chinese phones also have this problem, I only found that imobile didn't add a stupid heavy interface on their phones.

Anybody knows a Chinese phone not using a shiittte interface as HTC zenshit and others ?

On 2/14/2017 at 8:43 PM, Cereal said:

I've owned a Huawei GR5 for 7 months now and it is every bit as good as my previous Samsung with specs as good or better and a larger screen with better camera. Totally recommend it.

However, 9000 Baht is insane. I live in Laos and they're brand new here with extras (mine came with an extra SIM card and 6 months free calling and internet) for 1.2 million Kip. That's less than US$ 150.00. They were on sale here a couple of months ago for slightly less with a better bonus package.

You probably have the older version, which most say was also a great phone. GR5 2017 came out last month with many upgrades.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2017 at 2:43 AM, cbuddha said:

You probably have the older version, which most say was also a great phone. GR5 2017 came out last month with many upgrades.

I bought the GR5 2017 (8900 Baht) 2 weeks ago to replace my Galaxy S5 (24,000 Baht a couple of years ago).

I have now factory reset my Galaxy but I feel that the GR5 2017 is a better phone. I love the fingerprint sensor. The camera is great. I also feel that I get  better signal reception.

Also a 2 year guarantee. 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2017 at 2:43 AM, cbuddha said:

I think you're correct. There was an ad in the Vientiane Times this week for the New GR5 for 990,000 lip with extras. That is cheap less than $120.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

I think you're correct. There was an ad in the Vientiane Times this week for the New GR5 for 990,000 lip with extras. That is cheap less than $120.

Wow, at those prices, it's even worth upgrading from the old model - the new camera and extra RAM alone put it on a different level. I played with my friend's older model GR5 this week and the performance difference was noticeable.

As far as prices in Thailand, independent shops (in Issan) were discounting the GR5 2017 as low as 8,300 baht (with freebies) at the beginning of February, so it should be even cheaper in big cities.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, 2008bangkok said:

Im always raving about Xiaomi on this forum had  Redmi Note 3 @ 6k great specs great battery, moved up to a MI MAX @7500 with a monster 6.44 screen, great specs, even better battery, will easily do a full day at heavy use. SOT normally about 10 hours.

I got one last week and it is a great phone for the money.

Seems a bit big at first but you get used to it.

Can even control my TV, Soundbar and aircon with it which leave 3 remotes less to loose or break.

• Like 1

Xiomi's redmi note 3 and 3s prime are good with excellent battery backup performance, camera is also good. then after  samsung j7 and vivo are good. while considering oppo it's goodness grown with price as the price you up the better you got in it.

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 0:07 PM, Phuket Man said:

Can even control my TV, Soundbar and aircon with it which leave 3 remotes less to loose or break.

I live border of Bangkok and Nonthaburi ..I have never seen them for sale ...can you please point to where I should look ...thanks

58 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Thanks ... are they sold in high street shops/ Malls. Buying onnline is good value ...where do you take one that developes a problem please

I am getting peed off with Samsung phones ...and their prices

Edited by JAS21

On 12/03/2017 at 0:07 PM, Phuket Man said:

How you getting on with it now, i will go back to a MI Max when im done with my current Redmi Pro

On 15/03/2017 at 8:08 AM, JAS21 said:

Thanks ... are they sold in high street shops/ Malls. Buying onnline is good value ...where do you take one that developes a problem please

Iv never seen them in any shop/mall/hut all of mine i have brought from Lazada, best way to do it you get the best price.

Tipo for all try looking for a 5-10% coupon to get another 500 baht off an already decent price.

2 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Iv never seen them in any shop/mall/hut all of mine i have brought from Lazada, best way to do it you get the best price.

Tipo for all try looking for a 5-10% coupon to get another 500 baht off an already decent price.

Thanks ... I would just like to see one before I buy...

10 hours ago, Issangeorge said:

I bought a GR5 2017, great phone, but I'm not that happy with the keyboard, anyone have some suggestions?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Download Swiftkey or another app from Play Store.

On 15/03/2017 at 8:08 AM, JAS21 said:

Me too. I used to be a Samsung fan boy but was pissed off with the Note 7 fiasco so tried a Chinese phone a Huawei. Was really pleased with it and it's half the price of a Samsung. Will never buy a Samsung again. 

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Me too. I used to be a Samsung fan boy but was pissed off with the Note 7 fiasco so tried a Chinese phone a Huawei. Was really pleased with it and it's half the price of a Samsung. Will never buy a Samsung again. 

It's just that I like the pen thingee

• Like 1

My Samsung S5 died AGAIN. My wife has an original Xiaomi Mi5 and she absolutely loves it. I think I'm going to buy another one for myself.

I had a friend drop the S5 off at the Samsung service center in Udon Thani. They said they couldn't do anything with it because it isn't a Thai phone. The phone was purchased in Khon Kaen at a Samsung shop. ??? I thought Samsung was international but they must not be. Absolutely no more Samsung phones for me. I'm now using my backup MS Lumina 640 LTE. The more I use the Windows phone, the more I like it. For  a 3,500 baht phone, it is excellent and even has a very good camera. Battery life is excellent.

During my next Pattaya trip, I'll have a little shop called Pao Mobile check out the S5. I did have an S4 and that shop told me the phone wasn't worth repairing. If they tell me the same thing about the S5, I'll sell it for parts and buy another Xiaomi. I got 500 baht for the junk S4.

Does anyone know where a battery replacement for the Xiaomi Mi Max can be bought.

Aliexpress won't ship batteries to Thailand.

Shops in Tukcom(Pattaya) can't help.

Thanks for the Aliexpress ad!

I assumed all the Chinese vendors had stopped shipping batteries to Thailand.

My Samsung S5 died AGAIN. My wife has an original Xiaomi Mi5 and she absolutely loves it. I think I'm going to buy another one for myself.

I had a friend drop the S5 off at the Samsung service center in Udon Thani. They said they couldn't do anything with it because it isn't a Thai phone. The phone was purchased in Khon Kaen at a Samsung shop. ??? I thought Samsung was international but they must not be. Absolutely no more Samsung phones for me. I'm now using my backup MS Lumina 640 LTE. The more I use the Windows phone, the more I like it. For  a 3,500 baht phone, it is excellent and even has a very good camera. Battery life is excellent.

During my next Pattaya trip, I'll have a little shop called Pao Mobile check out the S5. I did have an S4 and that shop told me the phone wasn't worth repairing. If they tell me the same thing about the S5, I'll sell it for parts and buy another Xiaomi. I got 500 baht for the junk S4.

That's a bit off.

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

That's a bit off.

What's a bit off? Is it a bit off that I had two S4 phones die from failed mainboards? Is it a bit off that the S5 has been in a Bangkok repair shop three times and once to Udon Thani Samsung shop? Actually you are correct, my Samsung phones are a bit off. Actually a LOT off.

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Huawei Y6II at 4,800 baht. Very nice phone and the camera is way better than my previous Samsung. I'm really impressed with it. 

I've got the same, thb4590 at lazada, and am very pleased...it replaced the zenfone at thb5995 with a bigger screen, easier to use and etc...