British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

British man shot dead in Chon Buri
By THEERAWAT THONGMA
THE NATION

cac2b6a8918eb0736b423e71741ea3af-sld.jpe

POLICE in Chon Buri have called an urgent meeting to find the gunman who shot dead a British businessman in Bang Lamung district yesterday.

Tony Kenway, 39, was found dead in a red Porsche Cayenne GTS in front of the Sanit Sports Club in Tambon Pong at 10.30am and police investigators initially suspected that he may have been killed because of a business dispute or personal conflict. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30304861

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-25

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Mr. Kenbay is a minister of religion or an everyday resident of Pattaya.  Rarely do such people become subject to a 'hit'.  The fact that he is driving around in a Porsche is another give away!  Gang crime activity is rife here in Pattaya.  These are the types the Police should focus on, not long term peaceful resident and retirees being harassed on visa renewal as is occurring recently.

1 hour ago, Yahooka said:

Oooooohhhh.....get real.Most people here would rightfully disagree at your cataclysmic description of Pattaya,and if you read the news murder for hire and senseless,violent crime seems to be happening all over Thailand

ooh Dear! You must be living there or just playing real unknowing. I know it happens all over Thailand, but it´s far more frequent in Pattaya. Also a place where all the scum in the world hide out until they get found. Plaese read the news and keep up to date before you post any more fiction out of your own mind.

10 minutes ago, Get Real said:

ooh Dear! You must be living there or just playing real unknowing. I know it happens all over Thailand, but it´s far more frequent in Pattaya. Also a place where all the scum in the world hide out until they get found. Plaese read the news and keep up to date before you post any more fiction out of your own mind.

I believe the fictionwriter here is you :coffee1:................

if you want to be killed  in Thailand you need to:

1.not date someone's girl friend or wife.

2.not to get involve in Thai mafia.

3.not to get mad a Thai driver.

4. not making a Thai lose his face.

5. etc....

RIP fellow ....so young to die...

Most   Thais behave like animals and they are not able to control their emotions.

A: Why did you kill him?

Thai: Because i was angry but let me tell the corpse sorry.

18 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking murder, feeling less safe here all the time.

RIP Mr. Kenbay and I hope your killers are brought to justice.

Tubby sounds like a corrupt member of the BIB

hope he did not just transfer a large amount of money

was wife in the south again

Rip mate

Why do I now hate a country I so loved

cannot trust them anymore

Corruption, liars and murders

things are getting bad here

but not for me anymore seen the light and took the flight

After doing business in Pattaya for 35 years I have found that it is impossible to do so without making enemies, no matter how straight you fly. The main motive for discontent is jealousy if one does well, or from firing employees when you find them unsuitable. There is no way round it !

1 minute ago, phantomfiddler said:

After doing business in Pattaya for 35 years I have found that it is impossible to do so without making enemies, no matter how straight you fly. The main motive for discontent is jealousy if one does well, or from firing employees when you find them unsuitable. There is no way round it !

there is retire 

14 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Indeed..... however in most other countries you have a better chance of justice. 

If you want a crime solved and justice......do not expect if from the Thai "police" and courts. 

My biggest prayer is for my assailants to see justice too

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Message sent and received.."You fuc*** with

The Wrong People"

far to many of them in this neck of the woods

Web Designer

I thought that was an safe job and you stayed in doors sat on your backside all the time

REST IN PEACE MAY ALL YOUR HTML5, JAVA SCRIPT AND CSS3 BE W3C COMPLIANT

17 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are rich enough to own a Porsche in Thailand, don't move here.

Move to a country that has rule of law.

Don't fall victim to Thainess.

The article suggests he was running boiler room scams.  In that case he would be here specifically because of the lack of rule of law.  He would also not have had the money to buy a Porsche when he moved here that would only have been practical with the money he stole from the victims.

13 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

You are talking about Bangkok. 

This is Pattaya. 

Yeah, well, you don't have to be flaunting your wealth, or even rich, to get murdered in Pattaya, too. Come on, it's not that rare an event.

AD reports that he was the web designer for some of the boiler room businesses.  I would guess that he was more than just the web designer. Boiler room  'king pins' would get murdered, web-designers would probably just get their legs broken... :shock1:

I'm sure that investigations will reveal exactly what sort of business this man was involved in.

11 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

39 and got a Porsche.  Which he earned.  By working.  Right.  In Pattaya.  Right.  ?

2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

The fact that he is driving around in a Porsche is another give away!  Gang crime activity is rife here in Pattaya. 

A lot of green-eyed losers in the audience today, folks

Just now, YeahSiam said:

A lot of green-eyed losers in the audience today, folks

Not really, it helps build a picture. By itself it is just a Porsche, but when you take everything into account it helps to show what kind of lifestyle and background the man had, it is an important factor to consider. 

45 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

far to many of them in this neck of the woods

Web Designer

I thought that was an safe job and you stayed in doors sat on your backside all the time

REST IN PEACE MAY ALL YOUR HTML5, JAVA SCRIPT AND CSS3 BE W3C COMPLIANT

</rant>

1 minute ago, JustNo said:

Not really, it helps build a picture. By itself it is just a Porsche, but when you take everything into account it helps to show what kind of lifestyle and background the man had, it is an important factor to consider. 

Bullshit

It's just good old envy

14 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

'Website design' is a cover for just about any internet crime on the books (typically money laundering or avoiding taxes/charges). The killer (or his masters) will not be caught because he/they seem pretty confident about their 'protection' (e.g. the hit was decided pretty high up the line).

Based on some other posts and the number and types of cars that seem to be involved, the man was spending or borrowing money.  No idea if it was legit and earned.   As others have said being successful brings attention, envy, greed into the picture and extortion and other things are reasonably common.  The killer was obviously waiting for the man.  It would be very relevant to see a longer time span on the CCTV, when the victim, when the killer got there, did they interact at all, etc.  Why was the victim at the place?  Was he a member? Does the video show him dropping anything off?  Just routine investigation questions.

That's how you end up when doing dodgy deals in S E Asia.Do not expect to get away with it in Thailand if you get involved in Shady deals or you try to outwit your local partner.

Definitely the Police n Army should clean Pattaya from all those Mafia groups both local , Regional and Europeans

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Knew a woman whose husband was shot at a set of traffic lights while she was sitting next to him. He was killed by a gunman hired by a competitor who could not stand the fact that his business was much more successful. Both wife and husband were Thai. Killing the competition is not unheard of here. It is certainly easier than pulling your finger out of your arse and actually working hard to succeed. Not saying it is the case in this instance.

10 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Based on some other posts and the number and types of cars that seem to be involved, the man was spending or borrowing money.  No idea if it was legit and earned.   As others have said being successful brings attention, envy, greed into the picture and extortion and other things are reasonably common. 

Maybe in Pattaya being successful "brings attention" but it doesn't in Bangkok.

Just two youngish farang guys I can think of off the top of my head drive expensive German and Italian sportscars around this neck of the woods.

One's an ex-banker from Switzerland, the other's into some sort of AI or high end software.

They don't have problems, they don't have bodyguards, they're not being extorted and there aren't any Thais trying to assassinate them for competitors or envious losers.

4 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

Maybe in Pattaya being successful "brings attention" but it doesn't in Bangkok.

Just two youngish farang guys I can think of off the top of my head drive expensive German and Italian sportscars around this neck of the woods.

One's an ex-banker from Switzerland, the other's into some sort of AI or high end software.

They don't have problems, they don't have bodyguards, they're not being extorted and there aren't any Thais trying to assassinate them for competitors or envious losers.

Yes .but are they single.The guy who was shot only got married in November.his wife gets all his money now.It would not be the first time this has happend.Boyfreind or family.knowing she has control of the money now.But then the police find out who done it.And its lottery time for the police.The case goes unsolved,and they make some stories up about drugs or something.Normal in Thailand.

Archived