Yingluck testifies to Central Administrative Court

snoop1130

Yingluck testifies to Central Administrative Court

IMG_8886.jpg

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Thursday testified to the Central Administrative Court in a case in which she petitioned for the scrapping of an executive order for her to pay the state 35.7 billion baht in compensation for the loss from the controversial rice pledging scheme that she was held accountable.

She was accompanied by three lawyers during the pre-trial hearing.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-testifies-central-administrative-court/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-1-26

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

You have to hand it to her. She never gives up.

Are you trying to say she's brave, or what?

With a bill of 35Billion Baht hanging over her head and the possibility of her assets being confiscated are you really surprised. 

A different angle, perhaps she's being pushed to take a certain line.

And there's the impact of her case on two other high profile leeches and then more. 

Actually I wonder if she thinks these are social events resplendent with roses (red of course) etc.  

Edited by scorecard

I see 2 options:

1 She was Taksin's puppet, so let Taksin support her. He can afford it.

2 Try to get a job at 7-11, if she can pass the interview and if she can learn how to use the cash register and make change.

Edited by aguy30

this young lady was made Prime Minister by the people she did not make up this rice scheme

by her self there were others who if i could call them advisers suggested that this was the right thing to do

my point is why is she being held responsible, ok ok i know she had the last say, but her advisers should

also be brought to justice 

5 minutes ago, oldgent said:

my point is why is she being held responsible, ok ok i know she had the last say,

You've successfully answered your own question there oldgent.

You know the rice scheme was really a rice scam right?

Edited by onthesoi

Yingluck in emotional plea to court to revoke Bt36-bn compensation
By THE NATION

0a9a993ad321c5987f297863977f771d.jpeg

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra greets her supporters outside the Central Administrative Court yesterday.

Says paying the amount would leave her destitute; lawyer claims order illegal

BANGKOK: -- FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that the government’s order for her to pay Bt35 .7 billion in compensation would leave her destitute and cause her to suffer severely. 

She has called on the Administrative Court to revoke the administrative order issued by the Finance Ministry seeking massive damages in connection with her government’s rice-pledging scheme. 

The ministry’s civil damages fact-finding committee earlier concluded that the scheme incurred an estimated Bt178.5 billion in losses to the state, finding that Yingluck, as prime minister at the time, was responsible for 20 per cent of the damage, which amounted to Bt35.7 billion. 

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30305060

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-27

1 hour ago, oldgent said:

no i don,t know please can you tell me all about it

Cliff notes..

The rice scheme was originally conceived by Thaksin.

Buy rice from poor Thai farmers at above-market prices,

Stockpile the rice to drive up global prices with a view to sell later for big profits.

While it might sound like a shrewd idea, It was actually a huge, reckless gamble with almost half a trillion baht of public money.  Because, rice markets are volatile & rice is a perishable item of variable quality with a limited shelf life and picky end customers & it's simply crazy to believe Thailand could brace the world rice market, who in their right mind would expose so much money to huge risks.

India then decided to re-enter the global rice market thus flooded the world with cheap rice, which dropped the global rice price, leaving Thailand with a huge mountain of overpriced, putrefying asset in place of expected profit.  Rice isn't like other commodities, not like gold, that can be stored forever until the price goes up.

That's why it was a stupid and reckless idea.

But, wait.  Where is the scam I hear you ask?  Ask yourself, how a shrewd, seasoned business family like the Shinawatras could make such an obvious schoolboy blunder?

Well, the poor Thai rice farmer thought they had died and gone to baht heaven.

All that free money from government subsidy.

The rice scheme was heavily promoted via Shinawatra' political party to attract votes which it did in spades ...So the poor majority kept voting for the Shinawatras and kept them in power for a long time.  That's why Issanites(rice farmers) to this day love the Shinawatra clan so much....free money!

Except, it wasn't free money, it was/is the money the Thai governments should be using to run the country, build schools etc

The rice scheme was actually just smoke and mirrors.  The Shinawatras don't actually care about the lost money because it's not their money & the lost money bought the real prize, control of Thailand, which paid for itself ten fold straight into Thaksin's foreign bank accounts.

Edited by onthesoi

Cliff notes..

The rice scheme was originally conceived by Thaksin.

Buy rice from poor Thai farmers at above-market prices,
Stockpile the rice to drive up global prices with a view to sell later for big profits.

While it might sound like a shrewd idea, It was actually a huge, reckless gamble with almost half a trillion baht of public money.  Because,
Rice markets are volatile &
Rice is a perishable item of variable quality with a limited shelf life and picky end customers &
It's simply crazy to think Thailand could brace the world rice market without exposing their investment to significant risk.

India then decided to re-enter the global rice market thus flooded the world with cheap rice
Which dropped the global rice price,
Leaving Thailand with a huge mountain of overpriced, putrefying asset in place of expected profit.
Rice isn't like other commodities, not like gold, that can be stored forever until the price goes up.
That's why it was a stupid and reckless idea.

But, wait.  Where is the scam I hear you ask?
Well, ask yourself how a shrewd, seasoned businessman family like the Shinawatras make such an obvious blunder?

Well, the poor Thai rice farmer thought they had died and gone to baht heaven.
All that free money from the government subsidy.
The rice scheme was heavily promoted via Thaksin's political party to get the votes in..
So poor majority kept voting for the Shinawatras and kept them in power for a long time.
That's why Issanites(rice farmers) to this day love the Shinawatra clan so much....free money!
Except, it wasn't free money, it was/is the money the Thai governments should be using to run the country, build schools etc

The rice scheme was actually just smoke and mirrors.
The Shinawatras don't actually care about the lost money because it's not their money & the lost money bought the real prize, control of Thailand, which paid for itself ten fold straight into Thaksin's foreign bank accounts.

So it should be Thaksin in court and not Yingluck. But they can't catch Thaksin so they'll string up his sister instead. That should stir the Issanites into an uprising. Just what Thaksin wants.

13 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's a possible outcome. Don't under estimate Thaksin. I'm sure his ufo temple friends would also be up for a protest too.

All the more reason for a powerful government that can stop low life who use ill gotten monopoly money to buy ruthless power with no respect for laws, the building and maintenance of civil society etc. 

All the more reason for a powerful government that can stop low life who use ill gotten monopoly money to buy ruthless power with no respect for laws, the building and maintenance of civil society etc. 

"who use ill gotten monopoly money to buy ruthless power with no respect for laws, the building and maintenance of civil society "

Congratulations, a remarkably accurate description of the current regime.

Just now, JAG said:

"who use ill gotten monopoly money to buy ruthless power with no respect for laws, the building and maintenance of civil society "

Congratulations, a remarkably accurate description of the current regime.

As you wish, it's also a a remarkably accurate description of the current last regime.

37 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

It's a possible outcome. Don't under estimate Thaksin. I'm sure his ufo temple friends would also be up for a protest too.

'Don't underestimate thaksin'

I totally agree. He won't give up on amnesty etc., until he's dead and/or bankrupt. Hopefully the latter comes quickly to stop his destructive bank rolled activities. And hopefully bankrupt enough that he can't afford a ticket home. 

But whoops, he doesn't want to return home, he has a jail cell waiting for him and transport from the aircraft door.

On the other hand we still many opportunistic possibly supported posters who try to promote the strategic line that thaksin is history.

14 minutes ago, scorecard said:

'Don't underestimate thaksin'

I totally agree. He won't give up on amnesty etc., until he's dead and/or bankrupt. Hopefully the latter comes quickly to stop his destructive bank rolled activities. And hopefully bankrupt enough that he can't afford a ticket home. 

But whoops, he doesn't want to return home, he has a jail cell waiting for him and transport from the aircraft door.

On the other hand we still many opportunistic possibly supported posters who try to promote the strategic line that thaksin is history.

Correct, he will never give up on the amnesty, that is why even when it was killed nobody believed the government. It could have been revived without voting and became law. Given how his name just miraculously appeared after votes on an other version (seems democratic does it not) who would trust them. It was this amnesty that brought out the people that finally helped to topple that corrupt PTP government. 

They would have been in power still, without the amnesty. People say the army would have stepped in for "the event" but I doubt that they would have as there would have been no support like there as at that time. This was brought on their heads by Thaksin.. the guy will never stop to ruin the country for his own amnesty. 

3 hours ago, oldgent said:

no i don,t know please can you tell me all about it

No need, it's dominated all news media and webboards in full detail and with much analysis and with many attempts to twist the facts for several years.

Go play in your sandpit.

Edited by scorecard

54 minutes ago, scorecard said:

As you wish, it's also a a remarkably accurate description of the current last regime.

There is one essential difference which you (and others) refuse to acknowledge.

The last regime, and it's predecessors of that political ilk, were selected by the people, notwithstanding their many faults. What is more they offered themselves for re-election. 

The current regime took power by force, and uses the threat of force to maintain itself in power. They are at least as as corrupt, nepotism ridden and self serving as the government's they overthrew, but without even the pretence of an electoral mandate, and are focusing what "reforms" they are putting in place in ensuring that any future electoral mandate is redundant.

I have consistently argued that the verdict of the Thai electorate must be sought and followed. Your standpoint and that of some others demonstrates that either: you think it is acceptable that any country is governed by its military, acting for a small, wealthy and self-centred interest group, and against the expressed wishes of its people,  or that in Thailand's case it is somehow acceptable that the democratic process is ignored, lest it result in a government which you dislike.

Edited by JAG

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

The last regime, and it's predecessors of that political ilk, were selected by the people, notwithstanding their many faults. What is more they offered themselves for re-election. 

The current regime took power by force, and uses the threat of force to maintain itself in power. They are as corrupt, nepotism ridden and self serving as the government's they overthrew,  without even the pretence of an electoral mandate, and are focusing what "reforms" they are putting in place in ensuring that any future electoral mandate is redundant.

I have consistently argued that the verdict of the Thai electorate must be sought and followed. Your standpoint and that of some others demonstrates that either you think it is acceptable that any country is governed by its military, acting for a small wealthy and selfcentred interest group, against the expressed wishes of its people,  or that in Thailand's case it is somehow acceptable that the democratic process is ignored, lest it result in a government which you dislike.

think you're spot on. it isn't for individuals or organisations to depose of governments. in democracies it is the people as a population which does that. if the electorate wants to elect corrupt politicians then thats what they're allowed to do. of course that doesn't absolve said politicians from prosecution.

lets be truthful, they all pee in the same pot anyway. thailands problem with politics is a cultural one.the rich cannot accept the poor dictating to them and there lies the problem. i just love listening to all the farangs without a vote though.

strikes me the army intervenes when the rich aren't getting their own way

41 minutes ago, JAG said:

The current regime took power by force, and uses the threat of force to maintain itself in power. They are at least as as corrupt, nepotism ridden and self serving as the government's they overthrew, but without even the pretence of an electoral mandate, and are focusing what "reforms" they are putting in place in ensuring that any future electoral mandate is redundant.

I have consistently argued that the verdict of the Thai electorate must be sought and followed. Your standpoint and that of some others demonstrates that either: you think it is acceptable that any country is governed by its military, acting for a small, wealthy and self-centred interest group, and against the expressed wishes of its people,  or that in Thailand's case it is somehow acceptable that the democratic process is ignored, lest it result in a government which you dislike.

All said before, getting boring. Are you taking over from el?

Quote: "There is one essential difference which you (and others) refuse to acknowledge."

And I throw all of that back at you. You refuse to accept that the last group of immoral paid thieves  were way less than capable or genuine, they refused to respect the rules, should have been the high moral compass, and quite openly weren't, and had made progress to create a dictatorship directed by a convicted criminal living in self imposed exile to avoid a jail term (which was not politically motivated) and operating through a family naive puppet. In fact highly insulting to the people of Thailand.

You, and others love to use the terms like 'junta huggers', 'junta lovers' etc., because you think it somehow enhances your line. But you never acknowledge the many posters who refute these terms and indicate that they see the current situation as highly undesireable and very bumpy, but pragmatic. You want people to respect your opinion then please respect others opinion.

Yes this country is way out of balance and desperately needs to get much closer to equal opportunity, equal justice etc., and I presume we all hope it changes in the very near future. Reality is of course that the rich are not going to roll over, however IMHO more and more Thai folks are demanding justice, demanding to be heard etc, and I hope it picks up speed. 

FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that the government’s order for her to pay Bt35 .7 billion in compensation would leave her destitute and cause her to suffer severely. 

Try telling that to the families of the  many farmers that hung themselves because of your rice scam

10 hours ago, aguy30 said:

I see 2 options:

2 Try to get a job at 7-11, if she can pass the interview and if she can learn how to use the cash register and make change.

I think she should open a noodle shop and shlep pork liver to the masses.

1 minute ago, smedly said:

FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that the government’s order for her to pay Bt35 .7 billion in compensation would leave her destitute and cause her to suffer severely. 

Try telling that to the families of the  many farmers that hung themselves because of your rice scam

10 hours ago, aguy30 said:

I see 2 options:

would you really want her to be responsible for a cash register ?

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

So it should be Thaksin in court and not Yingluck. But they can't catch Thaksin so they'll string up his sister instead. That should stir the Issanites into an uprising. Just what Thaksin wants.

Twist, twist, twist - did you forget all the stuff about dereliction of duty - you seem to have a shot memory when needed. 

what really puzzles me is the fact that none of her dedicated followers actually ask themselves how this woman is even in a position to pay such a fine while she is complaining about it - do any of them even know how much money she has and even more important - where she got it from, maybe they can only count up to six zeros and would have to go back to school to understand what the rest are for