Issan Women

JGV

Vespa, how much time have you spent in Issan?

What is your version of the real Thailand?

How much Thai history do you know?

Would you be surprised to find that all of the countries in this region have links to China?

For the original op yes you can go to the bars and find any number of Issan girls, or you can skip that little number and come to Issan. find a city not over loaded with farrangs, Udon would not be my choice for what you are thinking of. Khan Kean maybe lots of university girls. NKP would be ideal, do you speak Thai? If not it might be very difficult.

As far as if they are nice, well people are people good and bad, no matter what region, the same for appearances. But life experience does effect how a person approaches life. I doubt that the bar life is an easy one and that could very well effect a person approach to life. But if you don't speak Thai that would probably be the easiest approach.

The other would be to find and use an interuputer, romance here is not the same here as the western world and sometimes some very direct conversations can get you by and lead to what you are asking for. Courtship between an Issan girl and a farrang when they don't speak the same language, is more like a business deal. You will do this and she will do that. Then with time you learn to communicate with eachother. Not easy my friend, but it can be done.

But if you do don't expect what you have seen in Pattaya, here they are actually very shy. But if your patient you can probably find a lady that suits your liking

I have been in Thailand for the better part of the last 10 years.

Been all over Isaan , and actually like Nong Kai very much. :o

The OP post seemed like nothing more than a troll , asking where to meet Isaan women. :D

So I rode the wave and had some fun with it.

My Thai is quite good and my challenge now is to learn to read and write the language.

To those with Isaan wives , no offense was intended.

Like all breeds of women , there are stunners amoung them all - even some Arabic women if you shave them down first.

As I have been here long enough and the speak the language well enough , I find it quite easy to meet very sexy educated Thai women and yes some may come from Isaan.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name=Vespa' date='2006-12-14

I have been in Thailand for the better part of the last 10 years.

Been all over Isaan , and actually like Nong Kai very much. :o

The OP post seemed like nothing more than a troll , asking where to meet Isaan women. :D

So I rode the wave and had some fun with it.

My Thai is quite good and my challenge now is to learn to read and write the language.

To those with Isaan wives , no offense was intended.

Like all breeds of women , there are stunners amoung them all - even some Arabic women if you shave them down first.

As I have been here long enough and the speak the language well enough , I find it quite easy to meet very sexy educated Thai women and yes some may come from Isaan.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...p;qpid=1031822#

Now you have ruined our fun. :D :D :D

[quote name='Vespa' date='2006-12-14

The OP post seemed like nothing more than a troll , asking where to meet Isaan women. :o

So I rode the wave and had some fun with it..

Vespa, to reveal who the real troll is, you only have to look in your own mirror. You have an extremely warped sense of humor as well as a warped sense of reality.

The OP post seemed like nothing more than a troll , asking where to meet Isaan women. :bah:

Vespa, to reveal who the real troll is, you only have to look in your own mirror. You have an extremely warped sense of humor as well as a warped sense of reality.

Must be why I am such a success ! :o

So are you up for watching the dogs ? :D :D :D :D

Edited by Vespa

The OP post seemed like nothing more than a troll , asking where to meet Isaan women. :bah:

Must be why I am such a success ! :o

So are you up for watching the dogs ? :D:bah::D :D

Vespa, if you think Issan woman are ugly why post on the Issan forum in the first place, you have been in Thailand 10 years ?, <deleted> !!! :D

I personally think you are some form of troll trying to get a rise out of the regular posters from Issan

Ok give us your personal history up to date i.e. where do you live, proffesion, girlfriend/wife, etc and let us comment on that instead of you sitting there and giving us your "opinion"......prick !!!!

KK boy

Vespa, if you think Issan woman are ugly why post on the Issan forum in the first place, you have been in Thailand 10 years ?, <deleted> !!! :o

I personally think you are some form of troll trying to get a rise out of the regular posters from Issan

Ok give us your personal history up to date i.e. where do you live, proffesion, girlfriend/wife, etc and let us comment on that instead of you sitting there and giving us your "opinion"......prick !!!!

KK boy

Relax, don't feed the troll. His little scooter handle tells me all I have to know. :D

I think what is really going on is someone from Pattaya is just trying to get a rise out of us by insulting our wives and GF's. Why else go on the Issan forum and insult Issan women.

Good eye Mike. At least you get it.

I would venture that most here 'get it' as well, and the vast majority of those would rather not put up with it. It is trollism pure and simple. :o

Bad children need to be admonished.

I think what is really going on is someone from Pattaya is just trying to get a rise out of us by insulting our wives and GF's. Why else go on the Issan forum and insult Issan women.

Good eye Mike. At least you get it.

There have been a number of reports lately about marriages between Issan women and farangs bringing prosperity to parts of Issan and the women becoming farang in their eating habits. Successly relationships they seem to be generally

I am 2 years now seperated and live alone but would like to meet and possibly reside in Issan. Where do you meet prospective wives? The bars are really risky and agencies are just money making machines so it must be personal introduction friend of a friend I guess any advice on this. I don't live in Pattaya but down in Sattahip

Constructive advice only please

John

Isaan women tend to be ugly , there are many available Thai women mixed with Chinese blood that are very attractive and unlike Issan women they do not all look alike.

Why not set your goals a little bit higher ?

My wife is from Isaan, and is beautiful.Not just my opinion, but nearly every person she has ever met in the U.S. has told her so. I have seen thousands of beautiful women around Isaan, they do not look alike. Isaan women are some of the kindest, most honest, loving people you will ever meet.

You would be a fool to listen to this bigot's ravings.

I agree pumpuiman.

AND am also of the belief that Issan girls are perhaps the hardest working people in the realm.

BUT! then if he has only got his sights or goals settled on a vespa that would explain a lot wouldn't it :o

Well, its been an interesting 10 minutes or so.

The missus is from Isaan and to me has "classic Isaan" looks, broad face, cute nose etc, but back in May, at a Hotel in Korat, a female employee got in the lift we were in and asked if she was from the Philippines, which threw her. It turns out the employee was, the employee then laughed and said, "no, you are Thai."

Then a fews weeks ago, in the UK, she met a few other Thai ladies, who asked her the same question!!

She is now completely bemused as to why anyone should think she is from anywhere other than her beloved home?

Strange little world, isn't it? Just goes to show you can't always pigeon hole people?

By the by, it's amazing to see how many have dipped into Vespa's profile.

Well, its been an interesting 10 minutes or so.

The missus is from Isaan and to me has "classic Isaan" looks, broad face, cute nose etc, but back in May, at a Hotel in Korat, a female employee got in the lift we were in and asked if she was from the Philippines, which threw her. It turns out the employee was, the employee then laughed and said, "no, you are Thai."

Then a fews weeks ago, in the UK, she met a few other Thai ladies, who asked her the same question!!

She is now completely bemused as to why anyone should think she is from anywhere other than her beloved home?

Strange little world, isn't it? Just goes to show you can't always pigeon hole people?

By the by, it's amazing to see how many have dipped into Vespa's profile.

Any hint of anything Fillippino and the wife goes off on one.

If anyone asks if she is from the Phils the surrounding enviroment is consumed by a severe tropical depression.Complete with thunder and lighteneing.

I think Vespa must be gay :o

Vespa first thanks for answering my questions. But, there is one that you missed what is the real Thailand to you?

To be honest I think it is probably a bit different to each of us.

The real Thailand is for those of us who have lived here for sometime. Have a good grasp of the whole P'ea - Nong thing as well as the Poo Yai garbage.

Where is it ?

Guess that is very subjective as you keenly pointed out. For many it is a barstool :o with some Isaan honey they will probably marry and move up to Baan Nok with and end up supporting her whole 3rd grade educated family - for me it is away from the common hustlers.

It does exist in different forms for each of us.

Vespa first thanks for answering my questions. But, there is one that you missed what is the real Thailand to you?

To be honest I think it is probably a bit different to each of us.

The real Thailand is for those of us who have lived here for sometime. Have a good grasp of the whole P'ea - Nong thing as well as the Poo Yai garbage.

Where is it ?

Guess that is very subjective as you keenly pointed out. For many it is a barstool :o with some Isaan honey they will probably marry and move up to Baan Nok with and end up supporting her whole 3rd grade educated family - for me it is away from the common hustlers.

It does exist in different forms for each of us.

Sir You are a SNOB :D

I see from your attitude that you would enjoy putting commoners in stocks and shackles, and demand that they have putrid veg thrown at them for failing to bow to you as your gracious ass passes by.

Cheers

Edited by soihok

OP - I'd recommend coming to Issarn and looking for a woman. Do a tour of the major cities and go out and meet them. Of course, if you can't speak Thai, you may have problems. The way I met lots of girls(in Bangkok) was to go shopping and ask the salesgirl out.

I've only been in Isarn for about 2 1/2 years but have met some very beautiful women. I had an Isarn girlfriend about 12 years ago, who I thought was totally stunning. In hindsight, she wasn't.

I ended up with a girl from, central Thailand, which I think has the most beautiful women. But then again who is going to say that women from where their wives are from are ugly?

I'd advise you to come and look - you wouldn't want to hitch up with a beautiful girl and come here and find that she relatively ugly compared to the rest.

Hang out at one of the expat bars and you'll soon find some of their wives trying to match you up.

Good luck.

OP - I'd recommend coming to Issarn and looking for a woman. Do a tour of the major cities and go out and meet them. Of course, if you can't speak Thai, you may have problems. The way I met lots of girls(in Bangkok) was to go shopping and ask the salesgirl out.

I've only been in Isarn for about 2 1/2 years but have met some very beautiful women. I had an Isarn girlfriend about 12 years ago, who I thought was totally stunning. In hindsight, she wasn't.

I ended up with a girl from, central Thailand, which I think has the most beautiful women. But then again who is going to say that women from where their wives are from are ugly?

I'd advise you to come and look - you wouldn't want to hitch up with a beautiful girl and come here and find that she relatively ugly compared to the rest.

Hang out at one of the expat bars and you'll soon find some of their wives trying to match you up.

Good luck.

i am glad we got that sorted out then. some people just aint as eloquent as they ought'r be and opinions are like a**eholes, we all got one... etc..

but quite a few of you old (and not so old) worthies got really hot under the collar and i noted that pattaya got mentioned several times in a less than favorable context, nothing specific but alluding to being not a nice place? or the esaarn girls you find there are something to be avoided? should the OP avoid the place for any particular reason?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-12-16 22:40:00)

Good luck.

i am glad we got that sorted out then. some people just aint as eloquent as they ought'r be and opinions are like a**eholes, we all got one... etc..

but quite a few of you old (and not so old) worthies got really hot under the collar and i noted that pattaya got mentioned several times in a less than favorable context, nothing specific but alluding to being not a nice place? or the esaarn girls you find there are something to be avoided? should the OP avoid the place for any particular reason?

What are you saying? I never mentioned Pattaya.

Pattaya is not a nice place.

Esarn girls in Pattaya - well that's not a real brainer is it?

OP - yes, avoid Pattaya at all costs - it's where the prostitutes go.

"This girl is attractive , the jaw line is not as pronounced as your common Isaan Lass - she appears to have lighter skin and may even have some Chinese blood."

qualities i look for in a pug, or a pekingnese or even in a shami goat, not in a woman...

Check the calendar and come to Surin during the Muh Lum festival. (My wife calls it Lao hillybilly music). The have a great festival that last for over a week. Tons of village girls around that you might never see other wise.

In that area we have Thai, Lao, Khmer, and Suwaay people. My wife is from the tribal group the Suwaay (or Kui) people.

After 4 wives I had to take stock and quick being a trophy hunter, and look at the heart of a person. Worked just fine as we have been married for 10 years now. Hard to beat these people in this region.

Check the calendar and come to Surin during the Muh Lum festival. (My wife calls it Lao hillybilly music). The have a great festival that last for over a week. Tons of village girls around that you might never see other wise.

In that area we have Thai, Lao, Khmer, and Suwaay people. My wife is from the tribal group the Suwaay (or Kui) people.

After 4 wives I had to take stock and quick being a trophy hunter, and look at the heart of a person. Worked just fine as we have been married for 10 years now. Hard to beat these people in this region.

I was beggining to find this whole thread so depressing... as if just a pretty girl is all it takes to make a wife..doh! A couple of posters have it right though. The world is full of pretty girls, but a wife is a soulmate, connecting to you in an unspoken unconscious almost spiritual way. From my own experience, this is very possible with a girl from Isaan. The fact that she may be stunningly beautiful is a lucky bonus.