Brit's murder latest: Suspects hired van from border - one shaved his beard off on journey back

webfact

2 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Well until they are arrested, they have got away with it , and I aslo suspect they are no longer in SE Asia either.

Yes i can see these 2 criminal masterminds having a speedboat waiting in Sihanoukville, to take them out of Cambodia to Vietnam with already stamped fake passports so they can fly to a nation that has no extradition treaty with Thailand, UK or SA and is happy to house a couple of high profile murderers who like to dabble in a bit of ripping off pensioners.

10 years ago they might have got away with being so useless but not in the age of CCTV and social media.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ffaarraanngg said:

Yes i can see these 2 criminal masterminds having a speedboat waiting in Sihanoukville, to take them out of Cambodia to Vietnam with already stamped fake passports so they can fly to a nation that has no extradition treaty with Thailand, UK or SA and is happy to house a couple of high profile murderers who like to dabble in a bit of ripping off pensioners.

10 years ago they might have got away with being so useless but not in the age of CCTV and social media.

even if you are right it is still very young to be in your 20s and have an Interpol red notice hanging over you for the rest of your life:sad:

Edited by Asiantravel

6 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

it's now Friday and yet the Khmer Times newspaper are claiming Thailand still hasn't lodged an official request for cooperation from the Cambodian authorities? Why the delay?

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/34822/thai-murder-suspects-in-cambodia/

that makes it even more interesting ...

4 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Well until they are arrested, they have got away with it , and I aslo suspect they are no longer in SE Asia either.

KP ,  one can suspect by logic  , they are from the colonies ,555

@23456.   

Edited by elliss

7 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Yes. An unbelievable image. Looks like it was not photoshopped either.

That photograph could not have been taken in December 2016.  It was during the mourning period and the woman in the photo is not wearing mourning black.  I've seen reports that it was taken no later than 2014 for one very obvious reason. According to Kenway's sister, he did a lot for charity and "helped build schools".  Perhaps Kenway's audience had something to do with that.

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

That photograph could not have been taken in December 2016.  It was during the mourning period and the woman in the photo is not wearing mourning black.  I've seen reports that it was taken no later than 2014 for one very obvious reason. According to Kenway's sister, he did a lot for charity and "helped build schools".  Perhaps Kenway's audience had something to do with that.

That looks like then Princess Srirasmi who he is no longer married too. The picture was therefore taken some time ago.

18 hours ago, bkkrooftop said:

Im sorry, but theres something not right with this whole story.  So far everyone involved does not seem so bright.  Who runs a huge scam and then drives a flashy porsche in a 3rd world ctry.  Of course, everyone will find out and its really only a matter of time til you are offed or just mugged.  As well as the hit men seem like some High Schoolers that got hired for a hit.  They used their real ids and ditched the said scooter.  Then had same driver and shaved beard in the van?  Nuts i say

What I guess is that the RTP may be  'offshoring'  the blame and that they want to blame foreigners  'who they can't catch'  as scapegoats,  to keep some of the network out of the country for good and to act as an increased level of threat for anyone who seeks to deal out justice to criminals who are known to the police and protected.

In the UK there was a case I'm intimately familiar with.  The City Police even did a burgalry on behalf of the gang to destroy evidence when I went to court and got an adverse order against the criminals,  who they'd been protecting  (Detective Paul Kirk of the City Fraud Squad,  acting on behalf of Matt Bradford who got promoted twice in the year that he was overseeing the protect-aFreemason-criminal cover up).  The Met Police's Andrew Fisher also got involved,  and tried to intimidate me with a fake criminal investigation and even went to the court and sought to intimidate me in front of the tip staff.  Two High Court judges were in on this,  Master Eastman and Judge Seymour QC.

Don't get too much on your high horses condemning the Thai Police.  They're no worse than the police in the UK,  but they're only worse in terms of their inability to hide their corruption,  and we have to remember they're easily bored and are generally fairly more drunk at work than's advisable.  I've known quite a few of them and even had to drive one to work once as he was too pissed to get out of the back of the off licence where we'd been drinking and he had been warned he wasn't happy about driving back to work out of uniform as he was apparently not really allowed to hide whilst on duty and not being in uniform in a town where everyone knew him would be a dead giveaway.

I haven't spent much time looking into this story but will do when more info's available  (rather than the initial fortnight of speculation),  but there's got to be some reason why these two are being blamed and if they did do it,  it may be they've been threatened and made to do it in this way as the people telling them to do it want there to be a clear link to them as opposed to them---possibly they are actually on the hit list if they don't kill their colleague.

17 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

You'd have thought that, if they thought it necessary to retain the same driver for a speedy getaway, they would have silenced him with another 9mm handshake before crossing the border and saved the tip too.

They seemed surprisingly unconcerned about leaving a trail and covering their identities.

They must have also had good plans onward from Cambodia.

7 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

I doubt they are backed up with enough money to arrange a fancy and well planned escape.  I doubt their thinking went that deep.  Time will tell.  I wonder how much the UK authorities will get involved?  My guess is they will judge it unpleasant at best and not pay it much mind.  I think there is enough information and even evidence pointing to the guy not being a saint and the Brit authorities have other cases to pursue.

6 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I doubt they are backed up with enough money to arrange a fancy and well planned escape.  I doubt their thinking went that deep.  Time will tell.  I wonder how much the UK authorities will get involved?  My guess is they will judge it unpleasant at best and not pay it much mind.  I think there is enough information and even evidence pointing to the guy not being a saint and the Brit authorities have other cases to pursue.

I was being sarcastic. By the looks of them they'd struggle to plan their next meal with a menu in front of them.

2 minutes ago, ffaarraanngg said:

I was being sarcastic. By the looks of them they'd struggle to plan their next meal with a menu in front of them.

i know.  it was good tongue in cheek.  The good thing is since some heat is on them, if they had the sense or ability to get some new passports, when they are caught the officials may be able to squeeze them for how and where they got the fakes from and one less forger group will be out there.  As usual, the smart guys get stupid or desperate or gullible guys to do the dirty work.  Not a bad idea since it isolates the mastermind, except when the baboons botch the job then the ratting and the canary singing begins.

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

i know.  it was good tongue in cheek.  The good thing is since some heat is on them, if they had the sense or ability to get some new passports, when they are caught the officials may be able to squeeze them for how and where they got the fakes from and one less forger group will be out there.  As usual, the smart guys get stupid or desperate or gullible guys to do the dirty work.  Not a bad idea since it isolates the mastermind, except when the baboons botch the job then the ratting and the canary singing begins.

My bet is they went straight back to Shinoukville (spelling) and continued as they left off. 

Reason being they didnt think they were caught on cctv, 

Edited by ffaarraanngg

6 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

My bet is they went straight back to Shinoukville (spelling) and continued as they left off. 

did you consider they might read the News - or even Thai Visa?

14 hours ago, ffaarraanngg said:

Yes seems they're not putting any pressure on for some reason.

To busy cleaning the porche for resale and confiscating the fleet of cars and what other loot they can get

Unbelievable! the police have not requested the Cambodians to arrest them.

Stinks of brown envelopes.

The enlightened one must be angry by now.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:30 AM, twizzian said:

There's already enough material to this story to start rolling a new blockbuster movie.

Under catagory Crime/thriller!

Dumb and Dumber 3?

It is an interesting story and would no doubt make a good thriller ... but I'm dumbstruck by how careless these guys were, they should have drafted in a 6 year old to come up with a plan.

On 1/27/2017 at 4:05 AM, Geoffsilverfox said:

Would someone please tell me what a '' Wolf of Wall Street-style boiler room scam'' is?

A bunch of guys on the telephone in an office in Bangkok (or Marbella, Bali, Hong Kong) to 'contacts' in a wealthier country (US, UK, Australia) trying to con them into investing in some 'treble your money' scheme ... an oil company, a renewable energy company, etc ... they keep the money and the 'mark' is left with a worthless investment. As they are in Thailand you can't touch them, and they can pack up and move on in a day. They target retired people with some savings.

It's amazing to think that anyone would fall for it, but they are heavily 'scripted' and their sales pitch can sound very tempting to people that are a bit gullible. Even ex company directors, doctors, etc can be conned. 

That's why few people on here have any sympathy for Mr Tony Kenway ... as these guys destroy innocent people's lives.

Given how connected these BR guys are, The BIB will probably not be to keen to find these blokes. 

Have to agree with a few posters her, i have little sympathy for these types, given hhe misery they cause. 

Edited by Cockwomble

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They seemed surprisingly unconcerned about leaving a trail and covering their identities.

They must have also had good plans onward from Cambodia.

They are off the radar , with  big payouts ,  probably they have multi ID,s .

Job done , everybody happy . 

2 hours ago, elliss said:

They are off the radar , with  big payouts ,  probably they have multi ID,s .

Job done , everybody happy . 

The odd thing is that the British suspect, Miles Dicken Turner, appears to have a genuine passport with a few years still to run (expires Dec 2020).  The passport photo, which shows him clean-shaven, is totally different from the one that has been published in the mainstream media, which shows him heavily bearded.  We are told that this is the ID he used to rent the bike with.  Is it possible that it was some other type of identity document rather than a passport?  If not, then he was using a fake passport in his real name.   How dumb is that?

26 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

The odd thing is that the British suspect, Miles Dicken Turner, appears to have a genuine passport with a few years still to run (expires Dec 2020).  The passport photo, which shows him clean-shaven, is totally different from the one that has been published in the mainstream media, which shows him heavily bearded.  We are told that this is the ID he used to rent the bike with.  Is it possible that it was some other type of identity document rather than a passport?  If not, then he was using a fake passport in his real name.   How dumb is that?

He shaved his beard in the van on the way back according to the driver. It looks like he had grown it especially for this job, which suggests it was planned at least three or four weeks in advance. He was also wearing glasses on his border crossing photo which also seems to have been part of his disguise. 

I would like to know how stickboy got hold of his passport photo. I guess he has connections at Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

The reason they appear so dumb is because they didn't know about the CCTV. I couldn't see a camera at Sanit Sports Center on Google Street View, so it's likely well hidden. Without that footage they would probably still be unknown now, even with all the other cock ups they made. 

Edited by LandOfWiles

3 hours ago, LandOfWiles said:

It was first published on stickboy's Facebook. Andrew Drummond included it in one of his articles a few days later. A Google image search shows that these are the only two places online that have it. 

Interesting.

With Stickboy's well known connections with the BR boys (he interviewed the Bangkok top dog not so long ago) could the passport copy have been provided as a means to throwing the guy under a bus. No honour amongst thieves!!