US ‘sanctuary’ cities face funding cuts if migrant-tolerant policies continue

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Lawmakers did the right thing by not letting emotion make law.

Try to excuse sanctuary cities or illegal labour as much as you like, as long as the law says it is illegal it is and people have to obey the law or suffer the consequences. That they were unable to change the law during the 8 years Obama was in charge is significant.

In the present situation, it is all very well for mayors to come out and say they won't obey the law, but then they can't complain when their federal funding dries up ( of course they will though ). There is a new sheriff in town, and things are not going to be the same anymore. That is why he got elected, so no more business as usual BS.

Again, another apologist making excuses. Most of my friends did that for Obama, for the eight years he was around. Me? I do not have a horse in this race. I disliked both horses quite a bit. Here, I was primarily addressing legal immigration. Something your guy has zero interest in discussing, or addressing. It is too fundamental. Too important to discuss. Let us stick to basics, and things that make great sound bites on twitter. Fixing immigration would make America great again, by allowing us to attract the best and the brightest from all over the world, to live and work here. 

Get that damn twitter device out of his hands, before he up and destroys the planet with it. 

18 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

An interesting point that applies to Thailand.

One of the so-called "sanctuary cities" is Cambridge Mass..

It has a female African American mayor who has said she will not allow her police to follow any orders to detain illegal immigrants that have no criminal record.

The interesting thing about this is that Cambridge  Mass happens to be the city where the late Thai king was born when his father and his mother were attending classes in the University there.

Cambridge is a wealthy city, with many students and a healthy tax base.

Many U.S. high tech industries have offices and factories there

They do not need U.S. Federal aid to support immigrants there.

There is a memorial there at the spot where the recently deceased Thai king was born in, I believe 1928.

The world is a smaller and more complicated place then Donald can imagine or understand.

And that's where I will be moving back to next year to take my job back at Harvard.  I would guess Cambridge doesn't even want to take any money from this administration in any form.  No they don't need it.  It is the US center for biotech now.