Sad News

RamdomChances

We are so sad to tell you that we have gotten word from the family and friends of MaizeFarmer, that he was very seriously injured in an accident with farm equipment, and he nearly died. They say that he is recovering in a hospital in Hong Kong after very extensive surgery, and he seems to be improving. We don't have much information.

We know that members of ThaiVisa would want to know about this, and that you wish him all the best toward a speedy recovery. Thanks for your concern.

RC and the MOD team

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, farming is one of the most accident prone occupations around unfortunately.

I thought he may have gone on holiday as he had not posted for awhile.

Hope he recovers fully and gets back to the life he loves sooner rather than later.

He shares his knowledge willingly to all re the country and farming, more so than possibly anyone else in here. The best thing is that his knowledge is practicle and built from experience, not a book.

Edited by Nawtilus

Very sad news to hear indeed, best wishes for a quick recovery and know that all of our thoughts are with you and your family, Maizefarmer.

I am sure everyone will be looking forward to your return :o

I wondered where Maizefarmer was, I had not seen any posts from him for awhile but I thought he was on vacation to Europe. It is funnym through this forum you feel as if you are friends with someone without ever meeting them or talking to them. Maizefarmer was to my mind one of the better posters, he was very knowladgeable and would go out of his way to research things.

It is very sad indeed to hear he injured himself, we can all only hope that he has a full recovery, my prayers will be with him. Issangeorge.

sorry to hear about maizefarmers accident and wish him a speedy recovery.

cityboys like myself are not always aware of the hardwork and risks that farmers and their staff put themselves through on a daily basis.

maizefarmers (and others') posts are a window into that world , and i hope he is back , both on his farm and at his keyboard again soon.

Tim, I only started reading this forum a month or so ago but have been deeply impressed by your depth of knowledge and generosity in sharing it. I now understand why I have not received a reply to my PM to you several days ago. My best wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery.

John