Fat people paying more on motorcycle taxis in Bangkok - "Wins" say no after sign removed

rooster59

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017/1/28 at 3:04 PM, berybert said:

If  you can afford to be fat you can afford to pay more for services. The extra weight is going to cost the rider more in petrol. Why should fat people get sympathy, make 'em pay.

Please, it's my hormones not me, don't you think I don't want to look like Jennifer Lopez.

Punish my hormones not me.

6 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

There are some clinics around that might be able to help with that.

True story... last time I was in the US, I heard on the car radio, that the most common cosmetic surgery, that year, was the Lopez ass job.... so your on it... ass's trending.

8 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I think the 80k amount is a little off for a 5 baht surcharge. If you are 175cm or more I would hardly agree with that being overweight. At 185 or more and 80k  many people are almost skinny ( depending where the weight is). At 100k or  more it would be hard to argue the surcharge. Have you ever seen some big ones get on a bike and the back of it almost touches the ground!! I feel sorry for the abuse the bike takes and think maybe even 20 baht additional charge is in order or a complete refusal by the driver is okay. It's his bike why would he want it damaged by Mr/ Mrs fat ass. 

You should come to Issan mate and see what these bikes can handle.

7 hours ago, Oishii said:

Yes, OK, I will admit to being fat.  Partly my own fault.  But, there are many people who are fat through no fault of their own.

Over eating: yes, we know, but great food is almost as good as sex.

Diabetes: most drugs used for diabetes control promote weight gain.

Thyroid: thyroid problems cause weight gain.

Kidney disease: if you have kidney disease, your body is likely to retain fluid around your tummy area.

Thats just a few.  

My thyroid is fine, but the others affect my weight.  I also have Osteo Arthritis that causes me to have joint pain if I exercise much and the kidney problem means I cannot take pain relief to help.

But, what about those who are heavy, but not fat?  Body builders are often very heavy, and very wide across the shoulders.  Should they pay more?

'Over eating: yes, we know, but great food is almost as good as sex."

Steady on there Oishi,if that was true i'd be 120 kg's.

7 hours ago, BngkkB said:

A motorcy told me the price was higher because I was larger than the average passenger. I aid regular amount and told him to look in the mirror as he was bigger than I was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

That's why he was after slim Jims,2 fatty's will be overload.Which reminds me when i got in a small lift in Soi 3 Suk along time ago.A couple of buxum young Nigerian women got in then me.Then my sil got in and the lift hit tilt.I kicked the sil out and enjoyed a very nice tight ride to the 3rd floor.Like being wedged in with a lot of soft cushions.No wonder her sister divorced me.Interesting hotel with "Hezbulla Rules"scratched into the paint work of the lift.When the old girl on the morning shift found out i had sil and her friend, who looked 14 in the room,i was asked to leave.1st and only time that's happened.Golden Palace Hotel,what a dump,but it was cheap.

7 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Unless, of course, the fare rates were decided with 80kg+ passengers in mind. 

Motorbike taxis are usually more than happy to take 2 passengers at a time with no increase in the fare over one passenger so the weight issue is a moot point

2 40 kg Thais make 1 80 kg person.

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Well, I am 185 Cms tall, and 76 Ks, there is no way I will take up more room on my seat, and anyone who encroaches on mine. I will signal with my hand the line he/she does not cross.

Hey Poss,i don't mind those LB'S with the enhanced chest crossing the line,if you know what i mean.

7 hours ago, gdgbb said:

In an emergency how would a fat person cause the death of another passenger who would not otherwise be likely to die?  Many trolley dollies are heavier than some passengers, do the airlines get compensated for the additional risk they pose to lighter passengers and crew in emergencies by maybe getting a smaller salary?

What advantage do thin people give to society?

Fatties will get wedged in the exit door when the panic escape is happening.

16 hours ago, Prbkk said:

There are some clinics around that might be able to help with that.

Every wonder why the E.T. all look so thin and ugly? Their civilization has reached the stage where Beauty is of no consequence. The Brain, yes the brain is what they want. Otherwise they couldn't be flying from one galaxy to the next could they?

We still at a very retarded stage of civilization with small brains. Look at the size of the heads of ET . Their bodies are designed to withstand high speed travelling in their flying saucers with very high IQ for their life styles.

Here we are talking about fat people riding on little moppets should be charged more. NO wonder ET wouldn't bother to talk to us. They take one

look and flew off, looking for another galaxy to match their standard.

You Thai people should try thinking about travelling in UFO.

7 hours ago, smotherb said:

You must realize that 80kg and even 100kg does not make a person fat. My som tom vendor weighs 67kg, but is about 1.3m tall, she is almost as wide as she is tall. She is fat. On the other hand, when I did sports, I weighed more than 125 kilos, yet had a 80cm waist and 12% percent body fat; no one thought I was fat.

So, lay it out; you would advocate letting the moto-taxi guy determine who is fat or not. Or, are you saying that only puny human beings weighing less than 80kg get to ride for the standard fare?

Remember, the average height for Yanks, Euros and Aussies is 178cm or more and the average weight is up to 80kgs or more. So, you are advocating a dual pricing standard?

No,fair pricing,by the kg.Same as you buy meat,chicken,ect.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I've always thought air flight luggage allowance should be based on weight.

A weight allowance is given and the lighter you are the more luggage you can take on.

Stupid and unworkable I know, but whenever I'm sat next to someone nearly twice my weight it does pop into my mind again.

Easily done,you and your bag go on the scale.

5 minutes ago, madusa said:

Every wonder why the E.T. all look so thin and ugly? Their civilization has reached the stage where Beauty is of no consequence. The Brain, yes the brain is what they want. Otherwise they couldn't be flying from one galaxy to the next could they?

We still at a very retarded stage of civilization with small brains. Look at the size of the heads of ET . Their bodies are designed to withstand high speed travelling in their flying saucers with very high IQ for their life styles.

Here we are talking about fat people riding on little moppets should be charged more. NO wonder ET wouldn't bother to talk to us. They take one

look and flew off, looking for another galaxy to match their standard.

You Thai people should try thinking about travelling in UFO.

I thought it was zombies that liked brains.

6 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Indeed they are the worst of all, they also claim alcoholism is a disease, idiotic.

Definitely is.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/alcoholism

Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is defined by the American Medical Association (AMA) as "a primary, chronic disease withgenetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations."

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

No,fair pricing,by the kg.Same as you buy meat,chicken,ect.

Actually..... I think fair pricing is more about space than weight....like when you freight cargo... it's by the cubic meter.

so tall and heavy is ok.... but short and wide.... not so much, cause they infringe (ooze) into others space

6 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Easily done,you and your bag go on the scale.

That's what happens when you go on a helicopter.... and.... now they are introducing a "ring" that you must be able to pass over your body ( hoopla hoop style) as well, to ensure you can make a safe e exit.

are we still taking about rickety crappy motorcycles with wobbly wheels, that crawl along the hiways and byways of Thailand?

Frankly I'm surprised it isn't already policy. If I can't afford Business class I don't fly anymore. Sitting next to a 'large' person for 14 hours is to put it mildly, a trying experience. I did once, never again!

Are you saying that fat people don't use business class?
You are very mistaken. I use business class because the sits fit me. So, I hope you get to sit next to me next time you fly, 'cos I fart a lot too. Hahaha.

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

And the elderly should pay more for medical treatment...by that logic?

Well they do cos after paying in for 20 years  and not claiming,suddenly when you need it past 70 they don't want to know you.So then you really pay through the nose.

5 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Well i will tell you one thing lads,this is the most agreement i have seen on TVF for a loooong time.Well done.I had a couple of Changs tonight,so don't take my posts to seriously.Good night chaps.

"I had a couple of Changs tonight so don't take my posts to seriously".

That begs the question. Should we take them seriously this morning? Only joking! I hope you awake as fresh as a smiling daisy.

12 hours ago, Thian said:

Normal taxi's in kao sarn road area still won't use the metre.....so why is this news at all?

er...no one said anything about taxis....there is a very slight difference between a 125cc scooter and a toyota camari, but oh so slight, I can see where you can make a little mistake like this.

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

Well i will tell you one thing lads,this is the most agreement i have seen on TVF for a loooong time.Well done.I had a couple of Changs tonight,so don't take my posts to seriously.Good night chaps.

Good onya son.... I wholeheartedly approve.... see you on the morrow.