Travel curbs show U.S. hatred of Muslims, say Islamist sympathisers - SITE

webfact

Travel curbs show U.S. hatred of Muslims, say Islamist sympathisers - SITE

REUTERS

r21.jpg

People walk toward Westlake Park for a protest held in response to President Donald Trump's travel ban, in Seattle, Washington, U.S. January 29, 2017. REUTERS/David Ryder

DUBAI (Reuters) - Entry curbs imposed by U.S. President Donald Trump on travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries are proof of America's “hatred towards Muslims”, sympathisers of Islamist militant groups said according to the U.S.-based SITE monitoring service.

It said the "Scholars of Haq" channel asked on the messaging app Telegram whether Trump's policies meant he was currently the best "caller to Islam" - someone who attracts new believers.

Of the first 48 users to respond, 34 (or 71 percent) answered that he was, according to SITE. One respondent was quoted as saying: "What Trump has done has clearly revealed the truth, and harsh reality behind the American government's hatred towards Muslims."

(Reporting by Sami Aboudi; Editing by Dominic Evans)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-01-30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the sympathizers of Islamist militant groups (I prefer to call them terrorist scum but whatever) should ask themselves where that alleged hatred stems from? Notice how outspoken they are now? Where is all the noise when Americans are being shot, beheaded or blown up by Muslims?

8 minutes ago, Pomthai said:

Perhaps the sympathizers of Islamist militant groups (I prefer to call them terrorist scum but whatever) should ask themselves where that alleged hatred stems from? Notice how outspoken they are now? Where is all the noise when Americans are being shot, beheaded or blown up by Muslims?

There are radical segments within every religion.  Most Muslims are not militants. 

Top 10 causes of death in America...none involve Muslims. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/health/leading-causes-of-death/

The leading causes of death remained the same from the year before: Heart disease is the No. 1 killer, followed by cancer, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and infant mortality decreased 2.3%.

Next, in order of deadliness, are chronic lower respiratory diseases such as emphysema, accidents such as car accidents and drug overdoses, stroke, Alzheimer's, diabetes, the flu and pneumonia, kidney disease, suicide, septicemia, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis, hypertension, Parkinson's and lung diseases caused by external agents.

So I guess we should all be mad at ourselves for our lousy diets? LOL

1 hour ago, Pomthai said:

hatred stems from unfair actions of USA towards muslim for a century.

their attack in Iraq based on lies, their nonsense support to Israel and more.

and now Trump's nonsense policies. which will turn as bombs to us and more radial f ...ing muslim terrorists.

18 minutes ago, Galactus said:

and now Trump's nonsense policies. which will turn as bombs to us and more radial f ...ing muslim terrorists.

You mean hatred from the actions of many countries due to their actions in the Middle East starting right after WW1.  When lines were drawn in the sand.  The Muslim Brotherhood started in 1928 due to issues with the West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood

Hassan al-Banna founded the Muslim Brotherhood in the city of Ismailia in March 1928 along with six workers of the Suez Canal Company, as a Pan-Islamic, religious, political, and social movement.[57] The Suez Canal Company helped Banna build the mosque in Ismailia that would serve as the Brotherhood's headquarters, according to Richard Mitchell's The Society of Muslim Brothers.[58] According to al-Banna, contemporary Islam had lost its social dominance, because most Muslims had been corrupted by Western influences. Sharia law based on the Qur'an and the Sunnah were seen as laws passed down by God that should be applied to all parts of life, including the organization of the government and the handling of everyday problems.[59]

45 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Hahaha   so it's hatred when a country wants to make sure the people going to that country don't hate that country.

Why hasn't the Saudi Arabia taken in the Muslims.  They don't want them either

How do you know Saudi Arabia hasn't taken in Muslim refugees?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrians_in_Saudi_Arabia

45 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Hahaha   so it's hatred when a country wants to make sure the people going to that country don't hate that country.

Why hasn't the Saudi Arabia taken in the Muslims.  They don't want them either

Why do you think Islamist sympathisers would post any other response - never heard of propaganda?

As to your comment regards KSA, though I despise Wahhabism, how about doing some facts research rather than constantly posting misinformation.

Not Muslim directed.....Terror directed..... 

The ban includes 8% of the Muslim population, leaving 92% able to travel as normal - which was enumerated (countries as listed) & passed as bipartisan legislation in 2015.....

21 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

The ban includes 8% of the Muslim population, leaving 92% able to travel as normal - which was enumerated (countries as listed) & passed as bipartisan legislation in 2015.....

And remember those 92% along with their 1% or so fundamentalists are pretty upset now.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Whats the biggest problem in the world today, Fundamental Islam. Deal with it.

Apart from Poverty and lack of Education? Both of which would eradicate fundamental Islam.

Climate change? And now Trump has the nuclear codes we are considered closest ever to a nuclear war in our history.

Fundamental Islam is a 'consequence' of problems that Governments could fix if they wished

24 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Apart from Poverty and lack of Education? Both of which would eradicate fundamental Islam.

Climate change? And now Trump has the nuclear codes we are considered closest ever to a nuclear war in our history.

Fundamental Islam is a 'consequence' of problems that Governments could fix if they wished

I can't believe I forgot that Trump can launch nuclear missiles.  Didn't he ask once about why we haven't used them for such a long time?

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I can't believe I forgot that Trump can launch nuclear missiles.  Didn't he ask once about why we haven't used them for such a long time?

No, he never asked once!

He asked three times  :wink:

"If we have them, why can't we use them" !

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

There are radical segments within every religion.  Most Muslims are not militants. 

Top 10 causes of death in America...none involve Muslims. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/health/leading-causes-of-death/

So I guess we should all be mad at ourselves for our lousy diets? LOL

There is always someone around who wants to excuse murder with an attempted relativist kicking of the issue into the long grass.

7 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The suggestion that 'poverty' and 'lack of education' whatever that means as a neat fix for Islamic Fascism is just naive beyond belief. Seems that liberal gibberish is a typical response to issues like these from those so obsessed with Trump that everything else is just so much confetti.

9 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Please stop referencing "...legislation in 2015..." as your authority.

It is the TTPA, legislation that failed as a standalone bill and had no chance of passage, so the Republicans in the House inserted it as an amendment to the annual appropriations bill - you know, the one that authorizes the US to pay its bills.

14 hours ago, Galactus said:

nope... there has been hate between Muslims and Westerners much before the USA were created.

Many Western philosophers made very negative statements about Islam and these statements are still spot on today.  It's a pity I cannot find English translations, quotes by Voltaire and Bossuet, Montaigne, Montesquieu are good reads.

And France already enforced a ban on Muslim immigration in the year 732.

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

There is always someone around who wants to excuse murder with an attempted relativist kicking of the issue into the long grass.

Where did I say I wanted to excuse murder?  Those being blocked from entry probably are not murders.  I was responding to this quote:

Where is all the noise when Americans are being shot, beheaded or blown up by Muslims?

Again, that's not the biggest cause of death in the US and definitely not the biggest source of murders.  Some?  Yes.  Most?  Absolutely not. 

This is interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

Even using the broadest leeway in counting U.S. victims of "Islamic terrorism" leads to the same mathematical conclusion: More Americans were shot and killed by toddlers in 2015 than were killed by Islamic terrorists.

10 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

What did you think? You were going to live forever!

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

Where did I say I wanted to excuse murder?  Those being blocked from entry probably are not murders.  I was responding to this quote:

Where is all the noise when Americans are being shot, beheaded or blown up by Muslims?

Again, that's not the biggest cause of death in the US and definitely not the biggest source of murders.  Some?  Yes.  Most?  Absolutely not. 

This is interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

"Probably" just doesn't make the cut. If people from your country and professing your religion feel they are justified in committing terrorism, you think that there shouldn't be consequences? How do those affected by terrorism know you are not a proponent, or even a sympathiser? How do they know your attitudes won't change, or that your offspring will decide to go radical?

The answer to the last question is they spend millions monitoring you and your children. But that's OK, you will probably be an asset to the country.

11 minutes ago, halloween said:

"Probably" just doesn't make the cut. If people from your country and professing your religion feel they are justified in committing terrorism, you think that there shouldn't be consequences? How do those affected by terrorism know you are not a proponent, or even a sympathiser? How do they know your attitudes won't change, or that your offspring will decide to go radical?

The answer to the last question is they spend millions monitoring you and your children. But that's OK, you will probably be an asset to the country.

Look up the word "innumeracy" coined by the mathematician John Allen Paulos.

1 minute ago, halloween said:

Thinking I've lost the plot is easier than answering the question, right? 16 terrorist plots in Oz in 2.5 years, 4 successful; the majority planned and committed by Oz citizens, children of muslim immigrants; billions spent on anti-terrorism security and monitoring. what's your solution?

Focus on serious problems.  This isn't one of them.  It's just BS from his campaign that rallied the masses to vote for him.  Kinda like the guy in the Philippines or some of Thailand's previous PMs.  Populism at it's worst.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-terrorist-attacks-u-carried-150056041.html?.tsrc=daily_mail

How Many Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. Have Been Carried Out by Immigrants from the 7 Banned Muslim Countries?

Here’s a look back at the major terrorist attacks that have taken place on U.S. soil since 9/11, including the nationalities of the perpetrator, or perpetrators.

Of this list, zero fatal attacks were carried out by immigrants from the seven Muslim-majority countries targeted by the ban. Two attacks were carried out by individuals with ties to the seven countries: the 2006 UNC SUV attack, and the 2016 Ohio State University attack. Neither of those plots resulted in American deaths.

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

You might note that the travel ban includes banning acceptance of muslim refugees. Of course we shouldn't offer another country's experience when it contradicts your own claims.

BTW (surprise) I fully support any ban on muslim immigration. Let the murderous mongrels kill each other in their own country. I am quite happy to accept a ban on my travel to any or all.

Read this.  Trump's travel ban is much ado about nothing.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/immigration-stats-by-the-numbers-trnd/index.html

The chances of a refugee killing you - and other surprising immigration stats

When we say barely, we mean BARELY. According to the CATO Institute, not one person from the seven countries included in the ban has killed anyone in a terror attack on US soil in the last 40 years. This includes refugees, as well.

Trump is wasting US taxpayer money on ridiculous issues like this.  If he feels so strongly about this, perhaps he could pay for all the legal fees the government is expending currently in dealing with this mess.  Actually, I like that idea. LOL

There is no hatred of Muslims, it's fear of ISLAM and what it has encouraged jihadists to do over the past few years which has called for these measures, Muslims only have themselves to blame. People forget about all the attacks prevented.

Edited by thai3

18 hours ago, Pomthai said:

They are silent.

And who remains silent agrees.....

23 minutes ago, thai3 said:

There is no hatred of Muslims, it's fear of ISLAM and what it has encouraged jihadists to do over the past few years which has called for these measures, Muslims only have themselves to blame. People forget about all the attacks prevented.

Wrong!

There is fear and hatred.

And the last one is growing.