Seven Europeans fall victim to Filipino card scam in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Philippines  my Brother and our vacationing friend were looking at boots displayed in a shop window selling boots and leather goods.

A Filipino Trike driver told them he knows the factory were the boots are made and can get them a cheaper price.

So off they go and they pull up in front of a shanty house on the side of the road and go inside and told to wait while the workers will bring the boss of the factory to meet them.

While waiting  4 Filipino men come out to say hello and start asking them where you from and what you looking for and the usual questions.

Then,  one of them pulls out a pack of cards and starts to lay the cards on the table while the other Filipino men also sit at the table and start a card game

My brother is asking:  Where is the factory owner, we want to see some leather boots.

Coming, coming ..wait, wait ..we play some cards first.

My brother tells them: Not interested in the cards..... while the cards are still being dealt to him and our friend while the 4 Filipinos guys who are picking up the cards and making like they are playing cards.

My brother and the friend are not touching the cards and saying: We are not interested in the cards and where is the Boss.

Coming, coming.... they are told ...lets play some cards .

So my brother tells my friend:  Let's leave..... and just before they go to stand up the guy dealing the cards flips over my brothers untouched cards and says: You lose...I win.... I  win.... You lose...5000 pesos   ...You pay.

My Brother told me he looked at our friend and the friend said : "I am right behind you"..... and the both of them bolted for the door and got outside quick enough with the 4 Filipino guys shouting and yelling at them in English and Tagalog and saying: Hey, You Mother Fxxker, you owe money.

When they ran out onto the street the Trike driver was still there, parked and waiting and he also started shouting : You come back ...you pay ...you bastards ..you dead.....blah, blah, blah .....as my brother and friend were running as fast as they could back towards where they had come from.

Blatant rip and nothing else....and worthy of a bullet to the head.

My brother laughingly joked: I can run faster scared than they can mad...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

They have been pulling this scam for 30 years in Los..Its the only reason they go there..They tried it on me 20 years ago and I legged it from the house when they pulled out the cards..They got me there on some flimsy excuse ..