Bars In Pattaya

trales9

going to pattaya first time 21/12to 12/01,me/wifey/two kids 17/19 ,stayin a-one royal cruise hotel .are there any bars suitable for familys ? :o just looking for good fun,dont need another woman!we are not prudes just want good music and alcohol(beer)thanks in anticipation/trales9 :D

I suggest that you find a knitting group for the wife and follow your kids around the traps. You and your kids will have all sorts of exciting tales to tell at the end of your holiday. :o

If however the wife objects, she can join you in one of the many bars that have live entertainment.

There is a bar complex between Soi 7 and Soi 8 that has various bands playing throughout the night. Most suitable for families.

going to pattaya first time 21/12to 12/01,me/wifey/two kids 17/19 ,stayin a-one royal cruise hotel .are there any bars suitable for familys ? :o just looking for good fun,dont need another woman!we are not prudes just want good music and alcohol(beer)thanks in anticipation/trales9 :D

Consider the Ruen Thai on 2nd Road. Family oriented (little touristy), serves alcohol and has classical Thai dancing. Also Captains Corner (Thappraya Rd.) has a small band and bar. Outdoor buffet and bar. Keep in mind you must be 20 to enter a bar and drink so your kids are underage.

Consider the Ruen Thai on 2nd Road. Family oriented (little touristy), serves alcohol and has classical Thai dancing. Also Captains Corner (Thappraya Rd.) has a small band and bar. Outdoor buffet and bar. Keep in mind you must be 20 to enter a bar and drink so your kids are underage.

I stopped going to Captain's Table as I always got sick if I had the buffet. Perhaps because you choose your raw meat, then it is cooked, then put back on the same plate.

going to pattaya first time 21/12to 12/01,me/wifey/two kids 17/19 ,stayin a-one royal cruise hotel .are there any bars suitable for familys ? :D just looking for good fun,dont need another woman!we are not prudes just want good music and alcohol(beer)thanks in anticipation/trales9 :D

are your boys young 17 and 19 or 'don't tell me what to do, dad! 17 or 19??? :D

If they are the latter then they need to be aware of the 'grafters' that patters is full of :o

read them the riot act before they venture out themselves, IF that is on your list of allowances

If your sons are 17 and 19 i'll take them out with me for a night, i won't let bad girls talk to them. :o

If you resemble the guy in your av, this is of no surprise, you need all the help you can get :D

You won't let any bad girls talk to them? I heard they are all 'good' in patters anyhoo

Let your sons go out alone at night after you and the wife retire for the nite. If you don't want to see all the bar scene that why go to pattaya anyways, a more famaily place would be phuket or samuai. During the day stop by travel agencies and sigh up for the tours around the city, its like no where else in the world. Have you thought about changmai at all also???

Try the Malibu on the corner of soi Post Office and 2nd. Road. You can get a baht bus from your hotel down to Royal Garden, walk through the shopping complex to 2nd. Rd. turn left and the Malibu is 50 yds. on left. Plenty of good restaurants also in that area. While you're in the Royal Garden the kids will probably want to take a look at Ripleys Believe it or Not, and you'll also find a cinema in there. Have a nice time.

If your sons are 17 and 19 i'll take them out with me for a night, i won't let bad girls talk to them. :o

Dave's doing his Jennies recruiting to earn his free bar fine again I see :D

:D

thanks everyone for all your helpful advice just for the records daughter 19 son 17 ,and we dont have a problem where they go or what they see ,we picked pattaya so we can have great fun "and im sure we will"oh and by the way knitting is not my wifes forte !!!!

thanks again all ,we cant wait till the 21st

thanks everyone for all your helpful advice just for the records daughter 19 son 17 ,and we dont have a problem where they go or what they see ,we picked pattaya so we can have great fun "and im sure we will"oh and by the way knitting is not my wifes forte !!!!

thanks again all ,we cant wait till the 21st

Well worth picking up a copy of The Pattaya Guide, a small glossy booklet available free all over Pattaya particularly outside the numerous cash exchange booths which you will find everywhere. Gives a prety good outline of what's available even if it is limited to it's own sponsors! This months edition is easy to spot as it's bright red in colour and has a Chrsitmasy theme. Just what you need when it's 90 in the shade! :o:D

Not true, I am an 18 year old English girl and I have been here for almost 6 years. Never had any problems getting in any of the nightclubs here. But Bangkok is a different story.

Anyway, A good new nightclub opened up in that area recently, called 'SLIM'. Check it out if you like good music and a bit of a dance.

Edited by Meg_ken2003

going to pattaya first time 21/12to 12/01,me/wifey/two kids 17/19 ,stayin a-one royal cruise hotel .are there any bars suitable for familys ? :D just looking for good fun,dont need another woman!we are not prudes just want good music and alcohol(beer)thanks in anticipation/trales9 :D

Not true, I am an 18 year old English girl and I have been here for almost 6 years. Never had any problems getting in any of the nightclubs here. But Bangkok is a different story.

Anyway, A good new nightclub opened up in that area recently, called 'SLIM'. Check it out if you like good music and a bit of a dance.

But the bar is breaking the law by allowing the underaged in :o

While out golfing the other day a young brit guy that lives here was telling me about 'SLIM'.

300 baht for a Beer Singha.

While out golfing the other day a young brit guy that lives here was telling me about 'SLIM'.

300 baht for a Beer Singha.

A mate told me that the band playing there was excellent.

If the OP is still reading this board, try the Thai Resturant on Pattaya Nua opposite and just on your left with your back towards the big Tesco. Show style Thai music/dancing and good food. Songthaew/taxi from your hotel for 40-100 Baht depending on your bargaining etc.

Meal for 200-500 per head.

Where are you from (OP that is)?

Lots of Brits on this forum, so the advice is slanted that way.

Problem with teenagers - DT is correct about drinking age, and this applies in disco's as well. And there are plenty of them openong up in Party City.

Take plenty of tourist trips during the day - boats to Koh Larn, go to Nong Nooch, WaterWorld (or whatever it is called) south of Patters, maybe learn Scuba diving, so on.

Evenings there are places like Bamboo at the corner of Walking Street and Pattaya Tai, places previously recommended, and if you want some time on the beach - go to Jomtien, rather than Pattaya Beach.

And don't take Kurgen seriously - JSB sucks - literally :D:o