World of Warcraft guild for foreigners based in Thailand

yskb

Hi everyone,

There was this old thread mentioning a wow guild for foreigners based in Thailand: 

Since this thread is closed, I am starting a new one to check whether there are still some of those gamers in activity.

Also would be cool to know people playing on EU servers, and whether they would be happy to start a guild to do instances/raids.

Cheers,

yskb 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Hey man, 
I'm looking for a Thai based guild aswell. I play on EU servers (Horde). You can add me on battle.net: >>>

Kind regards,
Darragh
I know this is a old thread but I've just started playing again after a 13 years break lol. I was going to ask for your contact details so I could join your guild but sorry I don't want to play with any filthy Horde.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys :D 

I did take a break as well for 10 years but since I saw the new expansion coming out, might make a come back. Am just not sure the game is like what it used to be back in vanilla.

How much ping do you get on the EU servers ? Can you play pvp without teleporting around ?

Hey guys :D 

I did take a break as well for 10 years but since I saw the new expansion coming out, might make a come back. Am just not sure the game is like what it used to be back in vanilla.

How much ping do you get on the EU servers ? Can you play pvp without teleporting around?

It's well changed a lot since i last played, not sure what you mean About playing PVP without teleporting around but you just queue for PVP or Dungeons and i don't get to many internet problem but it dose disconnect sometimes.Finding a group is a breeze once you get to the right level that u can unlock it not like when i first played ,The group finder works really well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, robblok said:

Just curious how is it with lag and so on.. used to play now I dont have much time plus i like my VR set more.

They set up some servers in Australia. For me being previously on US servers ping improved by around 100ms to an average of 200ms.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you guys will likely get much better latency if you play on Australian/Oceanic servers.

I think I used to average around 170ms when I previously played on them, which was pretty solid.  The Australians will often be getting 50 or less, so you're around 0.1s behind in your reaction times etc, which isn't too bad.

If you're going to be playing on EU or US servers (Because your existing guild is there etc), then there are some tunnelling services like wowtunnels that will help to reduce your latency a little.  They aren't always 100% effective, as basically all that they do is have a more efficient tunnel/path to the server you're playing on than what your DNS server likely has setup by default (So if your DNS is already good, they can't improve on it much), but is worth a shot for the $2 per month or whatever.

But yeah, if any Thai expats are playing on Alliance, give me a yell.  I'm not sure if I'll play the upcoming expansion yet or not (I haven't played for a year or two), but have less constraints on my time now than when I previously quit, so am considering it.

Otherwise there are some ok Singapore/Malaysian/Western Australian timezone guilds.  They usually aren't pushing progression content so much, more doing heroic while current content is mythic kinda thing, but there are usually a bunch of good English speaking guys (just gotta get used to "lah" at the end of sentences lol).  Also current progression content is definitely doable with Thai latency, just the good guilds are usually on AEST/AEDT time, so raid quite early in the evening.  There are some Thai guilds too, there was one on my previous server, but they did say that they usually speak in Thai, not English.

Hello, I was looking to maybe try out the new expansion but not sure where to start. Im currently located in chiang mai and havent played since Wotlk, any luck with getting a guild started and some new players to join?. Im not too picky about servers so long as the pings playable. Im also looking for people that play games in general, not much of a gaming community here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I am returned to WoW after 2-3 years of break I am play on US server on  Alliance maelstrom server  mytagname Thundergirl#1848 if you need a guild please add me. I'm not that good on the game only play for fun soo you know.

Cheers 

Ok looks like I’m almost definitely going to be playing the expansion.

So if you’re on alliance in a US/Oceanic server and want to do some dungeons etc while leveling pm me here and I’ll give you my battle.net id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and for anyone who hasn’t played for a while, these days you can group together for cross server questing, dungeons & even raids, you can actually even join guilds cross server (only restriction I think is mythic raids must be done by players all in the same server).

36 minutes ago, SlyAnimal said:

Oh and for anyone who hasn’t played for a while, these days you can group together for cross server questing, dungeons & even raids, you can actually even join guilds cross server (only restriction I think is mythic raids must be done by players all in the same server).

Yes I was pleasantly surprised about how they combined the servers. Are all servers combined ? There are a lot of new things.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised about how they combined the servers. Are all servers combined ? There are a lot of new things.

EU / CH / USA are still separated, but within those groupings (or within your battlegroup, im not sure which) you can visit to other’s realms if you invite someone from another realm to a party and make them the leader. Gives extra options if a quest mob is bugged on your server or if you just want to quest with friends from another server. Dungeons & normal/heroic raids work the same way.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, robblok said:

I just started playing wow again.. but it will take a while before I am leveled. I won't rush it the GF is playing it too its nice to play it after so many years. Lag around 200 on an us server so not too bad.

That’s quite good latency. What internet provider are you using? I was closer to 300ms using True ADSL. 

24 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

That’s quite good latency. What internet provider are you using? I was closer to 300ms using True ADSL. 

3BB fiber optic 200/100 (i think) and the 200 ms is when 2 computers are playing WOW at the same time. Not that i think it would matter much.

I am located in BKK maybe that makes a difference too.

4 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Which server are you on?  One of the Oceanic servers?  (As latency that high sounds like an actual US server).  Oceanic servers are in Australia, so not too far away.

I get about 170-180ms I think, that's with 3BB.  I'm in an amphur town about 500km from Bangkok, so I'd imagine withing Bangkok it'd be possible to get a little lower.  

17 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

Which server are you on?  One of the Oceanic servers?  (As latency that high sounds like an actual US server).  Oceanic servers are in Australia, so not too far away.

I get about 170-180ms I think, that's with 3BB.  I'm in an amphur town about 500km from Bangkok, so I'd imagine withing Bangkok it'd be possible to get a little lower.  

I am probably on a US server.. my mistake im on bonechewer.

Other question.. i bought the expantion.. and all of a sudden I can't go to darnassus anymore as its destroyed. How can I meet friends who still play in darnassus .. darkshore looks different too. Maybe meet at darkshore.. im not sure anymore.

Just fired it up for the first time since about 2006. If i'd have known about the Kung <deleted> panda's would have tried it out again a long time ago ? Playing on Oceania servers. Probably just play around a bit for a few days before deciding on what to boost to 110.

2 hours ago, KonJon said:

Just fired it up for the first time since about 2006. If i'd have known about the Kung <deleted> panda's would have tried it out again a long time ago ? Playing on Oceania servers. Probably just play around a bit for a few days before deciding on what to boost to 110.

I actually did a 110 boost but i did not like it. I prefer leveling up my Character up myself. Like you I havent  played for many many years and its quite fun to play again. I think if you go for the boost you miss out on a lot. Sure it will help you get in sync with the others. 

I boosted one char up.. but am not using that char, i just play with my others and its amazing how fast you level up now. Especially if you can buy heirlooms (but that means having gold) Heirlooms mean a 30% extra XP or even more when leveling up. It also means that you don't have to upgrade certain equipment.

An other thing is they changed how you level up.. before area's had certain level MOBS now the level of the MOB is dependend on your level. So you could be leveling up in area's you previously could not level up in. You do have to check first but many area's of the first WOW expansion are not 20-60 meaning the mobs in that area adjust to your level so it does not matter if you go wetlands or stay in stranglethorn the mobs will be your level no matter what (until you get above the level range)

You should get to a guild pronto to make some heirlooms available.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

**<Ludicrous Speed> Alliance | Oceanic - PvP | WoW Classic**

**Discord Code:** x8z7tgT

**Raid Schedule:** 20:00-24:00 AET (GMT/UTC +10-11) Monday through Thursday. These times are reserved for later content patches (AQ, Naxx). Early raid content will require much less time investment (1-2 days per week).

**Loot Distribution:** DKP with weekly decay and silent bid. Tank items will be Loot Council when necessary for progression.

**About Us:**
[A]<Ludicrous Speed> is now recruiting! Established in anticipation of Classic WoW, we are a PvE raiding guild made up of long-time WoW players and veterans of the vanilla private server scene. Our focus is on getting things done, yet doing so without burning out and forgetting it's a game. We're an older crowd, mainly professional adults, and are understanding of real life commitments. If you're looking for a fun and relaxed group to clear content with, please read on!

**What We Offer:**
A laid-back and fun raiding environment
Knowledgeable and experienced leadership
Unbiased and transparent loot distribution

**Ideal Candidates:**
Mature, 18yrs+
Have a mic and are able to communicate in English
Understanding of basic class mechanics
Prepared and on time to raid with proper talents (hybrids will be expected to heal)
Positive Attitude - No negative/toxic players

**For more information message @Cliff#9116 in discord.**
**Apply @ Our Discord!**
https://discord.gg/x8z7tgT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, dunno if this thread is still active....

I'm have been off wow since 2008 and have been considering returning to wow, I was playing on Dreadmaul on Oceania back then, but I don't mind starting on a new server as I'm keen to try out new classes since I left the game after WOTLK, my concern is mainly latency, but I think Oceania would still be better, any one residing in thailand still active? I'm ok with either horde or alliance just the server should be Oceania, and if you're already accepted I've let me know the name of your server so I can join cheers

:-D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, dunno if this thread is still active....

I'm have been off wow since 2008 and have been considering returning to wow, I was playing on Dreadmaul on Oceania back then, but I don't mind starting on a new server as I'm keen to try out new classes since I left the game after WOTLK, my concern is mainly latency, but I think Oceania would still be better, any one residing in thailand still active? I'm ok with either horde or alliance just the server should be Oceania, and if you're already accepted I've let me know the name of your server so I can join cheers
:-D

I’m not playing at present, but latency isn’t so bad on the oceanic servers. When I was playing it was 150-200ms (and I live in the Isaan countryside, not Bangkok), which sucks compared to the Aussies who get around 50 (or less), but is very playable. Makes it more challenging to raid at the highest levels but still very doable.

Archived