Gen Prawit believes there won’t be a coup after the elections if…

webfact

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

if PTP wins again, there will be another coup. ( it's just a circle). But I doubt the next general election is going to be fair and just. ( maybe no election needed because we are so happy with the junta!!! ?).

You think the elections before were fair & just?

You really think elections once every X years brings democracy and happiness to the people?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brer Fox said:

Of course Prawit and his comrades s are quite correct and confident a future coup will not take place. The simple reason being the Generals will ensure the Military Party will "democratically" win the next election by using every means at their disposal thus ensuring they remain in power. No need to even change the place name at the Cabinet Room table.

After that other Thai political parties will be gagged and consigned to the dustbin of history.

I remembered someone said there will be NO COUP before the coup in 2014? So if I cannot trust the big fish why will I believe the smaller one?

21 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Which countries have reconciliation between political parties? Communist countries and dictatorships. Most have a healthy political imbalance between various factions. Prayut does not seem to understand politics and democracy.

And that imbalance surely brings happiness to the people?

Really?

In my view elections make me choose between bad and bad.

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

You really think elections once every X years brings democracy and happiness to the people?

do you think taking power by gangsta style is fair? By principle I am always against power robbers.

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

You're one of them.

Like them you only understand one language.

I hope you are in Thailand when the population wakes up and realises that it is the only language to use against them.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing. That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new "? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.…

Ecclesiastes 1:9

The ever spinning wheel that brings back always the same ... that's part of buddhist philosophy ... but in real , it's not a wheel , it's a spiral that leads to somewhere or something . It might look similar , but it is not the same ...

Like some thai ladies say : " same same ,but different "

While I'd never say never, they seem to have "coup-proofed" the country with

managed constitution

"organic" laws

judiciary/courts

appointed senate

selected PM (green only, Prayut one assumes, reluctantly)

fixed proportional/party list combo for lower house

media gag laws

computer crimes laws

defamation laws

corruption

power/strength/guns/soldiers

There is virtually no way for the masses to achieve any sort of "majority".

They've basically closed every potential outlet for democratic representation, through trial and error since 2006, to why would they need another coup.

Not to say there may not be intra-Army squabbles, but even those are settled with a sharing of the honey-pot, so every on is happy, and no counter-coup.

Gen Prawit confirms there won't be another coup this year

pa.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 February 2017 (NNT) - Defense Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said if the reconciliation process is successful, democracy will be restored and Thailand will never have another coup again. 

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit dismissed a report by an American news agency which claimed that Thailand is the second country most likely to have a military coup this year. Gen Prawit assured that such practice will not happen if national unity is achieved. 

He added that people will elect their representatives to run the country when general elections take place and the army will go back to being under the management of a civilian government. Gen Prawit insisted that all military units are unified and that a coup to topple the current administration is very unlikely.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-02-03

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Of course there will be more future coups. They certainnly didnt learn anything from the last 18 and they wont from the next 10.

If governments here could get on with the job of governing rather than see getting into government as a way to line their pockets and thus causing a coup because the military do not want to miss out on the fun then there would never be a coup. Also there should be no place in the government for the military. The military are for the sole purpose of protecting the country from outside invasion to the country, its oceans and terrorteries The government protects the internal  affairs of the country with its laws and regulations and judicial system.

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I remembered someone said there will be NO COUP before the coup in 2014? So if I cannot trust the big fish why will I believe the smaller one?

How can you refer to the fat toad as the "smaller one"?  :smile:

If you refer to any of them as fish, given their pathetic performance to date, I would have to assume that they are all from the family FLOUNDER!  :sleep:

In reading the comments, I am convinced that the expats still think they know everything there is

to know about Thailand, and Thai politics.  Maybe if a democratic election takes place and the

people who do get in power are not bought and paid for as they were in the past, then maybe the

Democratic government would be a lot more real than the last two attempts. Just like Trump in the US, I say let the next election take place and give Thailand a chance, don't be so quick to slam the present PM

as at least he has made an attempt to clean up some of the obvious problems that the last two

leaders did not.

Geezer

Which countries have reconciliation between political parties? Communist countries and dictatorships. Most have a healthy political imbalance between various factions. Prayut does not seem to understand politics and democracy.

Oh he understands it. He especially understands that they pose an existential threat to the quasi feudal system which produced and enriched him, his colleagues and those they serve.
That's why they must be emasculated - sorry reconciled. Can't quite get the hang of this "newspeak"!

1: Yes, they were, declared so by respected international bodies and by the political opposition parties.
Just not acceptable to those who believe their wealth and status guarantees their right to rule.

2: They are the essential precursor to bringing certainly democracy, and arguably "happiness" (depending I suppose on how you define that) to the people. Something that military coups installing junta governments every x years won't do.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing. That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new "? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.…

Ecclesiastes 1:9

I prefer the short version.

SSDD.

There will always be coups in Thailand....the military is far to large, top heavy and aligned with the wealthy.

Reduce the size and power of the military...all 3 disciplines....ensure the MoD manages the finances and allocation and not be a puppet...YL was defence minister in the last legal administration, which shows the futility of this pseudo ministry.

2 hours ago, tigermoth said:

If governments here could get on with the job of governing rather than see getting into government as a way to line their pockets and thus causing a coup because the military do not want to miss out on the fun then there would never be a coup. Also there should be no place in the government for the military. The military are for the sole purpose of protecting the country from outside invasion to the country, its oceans and terrorteries The government protects the internal  affairs of the country with its laws and regulations and judicial system.

Ah; your just talking about the way things are in a normal country.  Sadly this country is about as far from normal as it could be !

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He dismissed an analytical report in the Washington Post website which places Thailand in second spot after Burundi as countries with high risk of a coup this year, saying that statistics cannot be used to determine whether there will be a coup or not in Thailand.

Like a approval rating this guys dismissal rating must be off the charts. Its hard to believe a word that comes out of this guys mouth. 

as at least he has made an attempt to clean up some of the obvious problems that the last two

Ah yes, a beach chair and lottery enthusiast.

That's about it, the former was an annoyance, the latter was "reformed" to re-direct the proceeds to "good" tigers.

3 hours ago, tigermoth said:

If governments (Thai) truely did their job properly, specifically ensuring a competent judicial system and police force existed, the coups would become more violent due to the desperation for money.

Sadly there appears no solution as if the military wouldnt do it with the power granted to them, no civilian government ever will.

And the answer why not is fairly clear.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“There is a high likelihood of no more coups if all the politicians can talk to one another and take good care of the people. The military then works under politicians,” Prawit 3

So all it takes is another suthep who is unwilling to negotiate and talk n there will be another coup. I understand now the conditions for no coup.

Didnt they say "there  will be no coup" abut 3-4-5 years ago too.................honestly, its a country of total  and utter morons, greedy, selfish, violent evil morons, one day can only hope they get their  just desserts, theyve educated the nation to be morons, follow  like sheep, do what we say or end up dead..............The Great Thai nation....bloody  joke

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

In reading the comments, I am convinced that the expats still think they know everything there is

to know about Thailand, and Thai politics.  Maybe if a democratic election takes place and the

people who do get in power are not bought and paid for as they were in the past, then maybe the

Democratic government would be a lot more real than the last two attempts. Just like Trump in the US, I say let the next election take place and give Thailand a chance, don't be so quick to slam the present PM

leaders did not.

never in a million years will Thailand be clean as Democracy is a word that does not translate into thai, to clean up the mess you need stable government by the people for the people not army people who know little and in most cases nothing about life because they live in their own protected world

The army is a money making machine for the top brass its impossible to amass the fortunes they have on army pay, So sadly Thailand will stay as it is until one of them wakes up and starts to think of the Majority then boots the Minority into jail or better eliminates their whole clan.

Thailand needs to learn its easy to be a thief but hard to be honest and far to many come out of the first mode

The country is doomed I am afraid as when you look back at its history its the same problem by the same people year after year Money and Power

North Korea MK2 sorry to say

Edited by wakeupplease