gold snatches saving farangs from buying gold for loved ones

jippytum

4 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Why not? If you give me a book as a gift, do you then have a right to be angry if I give it to somebody else? If you give me a fruitcake as a holiday gift, do you have a right to be angry if I "re-gift" it? If you give a Thai girl a gold necklace you need to make it clear that you are only giving it to her temporarily, not as a gift, and that you expect her to give it back whenever you demand it, otherwise you have no right to complain if she sells it when she needs money and you're too cheap to give it to her. Where I came from, giving someone a gift means that it becomes theirs, not yours.

No we are talking about gold not all the other s??? You are saying.

were do you get off saying I am too cheap to give her money now that is just your bs ok .

why do so many  foreigners  defend this thai bs about selling the gold , they get as a gift of love , not understand some man here , are they so  blinded by thai pussy .

where I come from giving gold as a gift is not to be sold it is to say I love you so much.

you most come from a very Weird place.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold is gold nothing special might cost a bit more. Nothing special. Mrs wears hers all the time again nothing to worry about won't be getting mugged round here anytime soon.

Like any gift given to a person whoever it is. Once given its there property not mine as the giver.

Owners of there own property can do as they wish be it gold/car/house/flowers anything. If they want to sell it so be it nothing to do with me just beacuse you might have bought it for them it's not your property any more simple

Just now, georgemandm said:

No , no you are not insulting me at all , you have it all wrong , I understand you but it gives me the s???s on how they see it , makes you think  twice about doing it again with your new thai lady like me , she now has to  suffer and wait and see if she is  trustworthy of me buying her some gold as a gift.

i have never had a problem buying my partners gold as a gift be it for a thai lady or a western woman, but because of the way thai woman see I am not sure I want to do it again with the new lady .

hop you understand me not have a go at you sorry if you are thinking like that.

??? Why do you think she is suffering if you do not give her some gold? If you don't want to do it, then don't. If she has a good heart she won't mind at all. If she has a good heart she is not waiting for you to buy her some gold. I do not know about you, but other people I have known (all men) who complained about a girl selling gold they had given her, actually regarded the gold as part of a purchase price. They were angry because they felt they had not gotten fair value for what they had spent. Of course they tried to cover their greed with talk of the special status of gifts, but it was really just greed and lust. Try to stop thinking that your new lady is waiting for you to give her some gold and look for signs of how she feels about you. I presume you are not actually a greedy person.

2 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Gold is gold nothing special might cost a bit more. Nothing special. Mrs wears hers all the time again nothing to worry about won't be getting mugged round here anytime soon.

Like any gift given to a person whoever it is. Once given its there property not mine as the giver.

Owners of there own property can do as they wish be it gold/car/house/flowers anything. If they want to sell it so be it nothing to do with me just beacuse you might have bought it for them it's not your property any more simple

Indeed. People give items too much sentimental value for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Ok I agree with you 

and yes she did know because I told her so , but like some Thais lies ever time they talk .

but that is life and you lean by that .

my new will get gold yes for sure but I have to be 200% sure she will respect it .

i know not all Thais are not the same buts lots are .

the new one is a top lady and I am very lucky to have her .

but I do tell it the way I have seen it in thailand and the  stories I have been told by people I believe, not just off the Internet.

Want to see a real pro in action. See an American woman and combined with a group of expensive divorce lawyers at work. Makes the Thai women and police look like amateurs.  They will show you that people change - "love" changes and things get sold.  Forget the disney fairy tale. You have a short time to live and don't sweat the small stuff and buying a woman gold or anything is small stuff. Peace brother. 

21 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

o Thailand water off a ducks back 

but to  me disresyou'reectful .

gold is to say I love you , not to say sell it when you feel like it .

this thai bs gold is a investment , gives me the s???s .

sometimes this culture bs gives me the s???s as welll , so in muslim culture to  circumcise women by cutting of their  clitoris is that ok .

so stop giving me this culture bs .

You've been in the west too long.

Gold is only like cash in Thailand.

You give gold one week and it could be pawned the next week to pay the room.

If you don't think its a culture thing your wrong... thais have always done this ... no big deal.

7 minutes ago, Acharn said:

??? Why do you think she is suffering if you do not give her some gold? If you don't want to do it, then don't. If she has a good heart she won't mind at all. If she has a good heart she is not waiting for you to buy her some gold. I do not know about you, but other people I have known (all men) who complained about a girl selling gold they had given her, actually regarded the gold as part of a purchase price. They were angry because they felt they had not gotten fair value for what they had spent. Of course they tried to cover their greed with talk of the special status of gifts, but it was really just greed and lust. Try to stop thinking that your new lady is waiting for you to give her some gold and look for signs of how she feels about you. I presume you are not actually a greedy person.

It is a part of my  culture to give to your partner gold ok .

my new lady is not waiting for gold I did not say that ok .

were did I say she is  suffering , I did not say that , you said that .

She never minds at all and she has a great heart.

i don't by gold for a lady and think about how much I paid for it , I buy to say I love her .

and not for her to sell it when she feels fit to sell it .

this is thai bs sell gold.

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

It is a part of my  culture to give to your partner gold ok .

my new lady is not waiting for gold I did not say that ok .

were did I say she is  suffering , I did not say that , you said that .

She never minds at all and she has a great heart.

i don't by gold for a lady and think about how much I paid for it , I buy to say I love her .

and not for her to sell it when she feels fit to sell it .

this is thai bs sell gold.

You can't transfer your culture to another country. Things are a lot different here. I adapt to their culture, in being polite and hiding my resent for a lot of things and a lot of people (some of them having done unforgivable things to us), and by speaking their language, but I won't visit temples and pretend to be something I'm not. But I am staying here, by my own free will, and I can't come to another country expecting her (or anyone else) to adapt to my culture.

You'd be a lot happier if you let the culture from your home country go. Just like my wife will never become a Norwegian, your girlfriend/spouse will never have the mindset you're used to back home. And lets face it, you don't really want her to either. Understanding the differences is important, instead of expecting the same reactions as you would expect in your home country.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

You've been in the west too long.

Gold is only like cash in Thailand.

You give gold one week and it could be pawned the next week to pay the room.

If you don't think its a culture thing your wrong... thais have always done this ... no big deal.

That's how it is yes I know all that bs already. 

Got  nothing to do with me being in west to long .

it is how I feel about the gold I buy for my partner ok .

no big deal to you but it is to me a big deal.

thats why I make sure now if I am going to buy my lady gold she  respects it as a gift of love , not some thai bs sell it when they need money.

it is not thai  culture to sell it ok , Thais give it as a gift of love , but because some Thais have no idea how to save money they sell the gold .

2 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

You can't transfer your culture to another country. Things are a lot different here. I adapt to their culture, in being polite and hiding my resent for a lot of things and a lot of people (some of them having done unforgivable things to us), and by speaking their language, but I won't visit temples and pretend to be something I'm not. But I am staying here, by my own free will, and I can't come to another country expecting her (or anyone else) to adapt to my culture.

You'd be a lot happier if you let the culture from your home country go. Just like my wife will never become a Norwegian, your girlfriend/spouse will never have the mindset you're used to back home. And lets face it, you don't really want her to either. Understanding the differences is important, instead of expecting the same reactions as you would expect in your home country.

That is your point of view not mine.

we are talking about gold , how Thais sell it like it is  nothing , not all Thais but some .

you say you  adapt to their culture in some ways , so should a thai not respect my  culture when it comes to the gold thing.

my partner loves the way our mind set is in my country and she has  adapted to it very , very well .

my thai wants to become an Australia because she knows she has a future in my country and can have a great life not like most thai woman make and I say make  there husband or partner move to thailand.

13 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

we are talking about gold , how Thais sell it like it is  nothing , not all Thais but some .

you say you  adapt to their culture in some ways , so should a thai not respect my  culture when it comes to the gold thing.

my partner loves the way our mind set is in my country and she has  adapted to it very , very well .

my thai wants to become an Australia because she knows she has a future in my country and can have a great life not like most thai woman make and I say make  there husband or partner move to thailand.

It's become more and more clear to me, especially after the loss of our 22 year old son last year to brain infection, that pettiness over gifts you can afford to lose are not worth attaching some sort of sentimental value to and getting upset about. Life is way too short.

3 hours ago, remorhaz said:

There are two categories - if she decides to pawn it - its a shit test and she'll give you ticket to go get it out of hock and she had to do it because of a water buffalo tragedy or such.  OR - she'll sell it outright and either not tell you or pretend it was stolen so she can try to get you to buy her another one for her birthday... all Thai women have at least 5 birthdays per month so the wait will not be long!

5 birthdays per month?.

then I am owed some serious boom boom

7 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

It's become more and more clear to me, especially after the loss of our 22 year old son last year to brain infection, that pettiness over gifts you can afford to lose are not worth attaching some sort of sentimental value to and getting upset about. Life is way too short.

i agree 

4 hours ago, Sirbergan said:

A gift is actually something you have given away. A person receiving a gift has every right to do with it as he or she sees fit.

Exactly! A lot of Thais have no way to borrow money other than from moneylenders at an extortionate rate, so if something comes along that needs a bit of cash they will often sell some gold. At least they are SMART enough to actually understand the value of gold unlike the USA who sold off all of theirs to the Jewish Banks, and the Brits that did virtually the same. Gold will always have value, unlike the paper junk like the Pound and Dollar, the great Ponzi scheme.

3 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Exactly! A lot of Thais have no way to borrow money other than from moneylenders at an extortionate rate, so if something comes along that needs a bit of cash they will often sell some gold. At least they are SMART enough to actually understand the value of gold unlike the USA who sold off all of theirs to the Jewish Banks, and the Brits that did virtually the same. Gold will always have value, unlike the paper junk like the Pound and Dollar, the great Ponzi scheme.

Well my  gold is cash in the bank and I think it is the best way give it to me cash 

no f????? Gold for me 55555555

5 hours ago, georgemandm said:

No , no you are not insulting me at all , you have it all wrong , I understand you but it gives me the s???s on how they see it , makes you think  twice about doing it again with your new thai lady like me , she now has to  suffer and wait and see if she is  trustworthy of me buying her some gold as a gift.

i have never had a problem buying my partners gold as a gift be it for a thai lady or a western woman, but because of the way thai woman see I am not sure I want to do it again with the new lady .

hop you understand me not have a go at you sorry if you are thinking like that.

This is where the cultures clash.Once it is given it is theirs to do what they want,especially in hardtimes.To avoid this problem i tell them i don't do gold except for 1 wedding ring, a few times.

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

No we are talking about gold not all the other s??? You are saying.

were do you get off saying I am too cheap to give her money now that is just your bs ok .

why do so many  foreigners  defend this thai bs about selling the gold , they get as a gift of love , not understand some man here , are they so  blinded by thai pussy .

where I come from giving gold as a gift is not to be sold it is to say I love you so much.

you most come from a very Weird place.

Bloody hell george you started so well recognizing you are a Thai basher but regressed quickly in to Thai cats,again.Go back and have another break and come back in a better frame of mind.If the ocean was full of fish like you even i would go fishing.

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

And sell it when they run out of money.

gold as  gift to someone , is a gift , not something you can sell when you have know idea on how to  manage your money .

That's the perfect description of my Thai wife.  You must have known her from before.

5 hours ago, remorhaz said:

There are two categories - if she decides to pawn it - its a shit test and she'll give you ticket to go get it out of hock and she had to do it because of a water buffalo tragedy or such.  OR - she'll sell it outright and either not tell you or pretend it was stolen so she can try to get you to buy her another one for her birthday... all Thai women have at least 5 birthdays per month so the wait will not be long!

It never ceases to amaze me when so many farangs lump all Thai women into the low-class no income pile.  Sure, there are a lot of them and many are bar girls. So when a farang gives them gold they sell it to get enough money to eat, to buy clothes, to send for their babies at home, or maybe to treat their boyfriends. However, there are Thai women who actually have decent jobs and make a good living. Why don't you try meeting some of them; your opinion of Thai women might change.

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

And sell it when they run out of money.

gold as  gift to someone , is a gift , not something you can sell when you have know idea on how to  manage your money .

when you give the gift , gold or cash, you have no rights granted to yourself as to what the gift is used for......to think you do is just plain petty ..........

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Good to hear you and your partner are staying in Oz,that's a relief for all of us.You got it wrong about who drags who.Thais know they can make more money working in the west than Thailand.It is the farangs who after years of slaving can get out of the trap that is working in the west.I would rather be happy noodling around the garden in woop woop than slaving on a building site and raking in thousands of dollars in Oz and be a moody unhappy grumpy bastard.

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

That's how it is yes I know all that bs already. 

Got  nothing to do with me being in west to long .

it is how I feel about the gold I buy for my partner ok .

no big deal to you but it is to me a big deal.

thats why I make sure now if I am going to buy my lady gold she  respects it as a gift of love , not some thai bs sell it when they need money.

it is not thai  culture to sell it ok , Thais give it as a gift of love , but because some Thais have no idea how to save money they sell the gold .

Simple really all yor post about giving gold as a love gift. Buy silver that way when there had enough of you they can melt it down to silver bullets. If we give thai ladies money you say there whore or gold diggers. If we give them gold you say it's still ours not there's to do with as we please. What in your biased opinion would be ok to give thai ladies?. Which will not make them whore or gold diggers.

With all due respect,i would not like to be the would be thief that tried to relieve my mrs of any of her gold.She weighs in at 40 kilos and carries a Stanley knife in her purse .She would have no problem in gutting some little shit that tried to take any of her trinkets.But notwithstanding that little idiosyncrasy,i love her to bits.

A few years ago Thai women displayed gold with pride as a status symbol .Nowadays the only people to wear gold are uninformed tourists ......

Huh?  Do you actually live here.  Where did you come up with that notion?  You should get out in the Thai community a little more.

8 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Bloody hell george you started so well recognizing you are a Thai basher but regressed quickly in to Thai cats,again.Go back and have another break and come back in a better frame of mind.If the ocean was full of fish like you even i would go fishing.

Truth hurts you I think , is this thai basher , not at all we are talking about gold and what most Thais do with it how can that be thai basher 

you see it as thai basher not me , it would be  in possible to make  comment on this  subject if you was not talking about a thai woman would it not .

so keep those stupid  ridiculous comments to your self about thai basher .

Edited by georgemandm
Add on

5 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Simple really all yor post about giving gold as a love gift. Buy silver that way when there had enough of you they can melt it down to silver bullets. If we give thai ladies money you say there whore or gold diggers. If we give them gold you say it's still ours not there's to do with as we please. What in your biased opinion would be ok to give thai ladies?. Which will not make them whore or gold diggers.

Why do you have to give them anything , your love is not enough is it not .

but you see most of them are in it for your money and my money but people like you have no idea and can't see pass your own nose the truth about thai western  relationship .

were have I ever said if you give a thai lady Money she is a whore you are talking for your self not me I never said that you made that up because you think like that not me with that whore  rubbish .