I'm alright Jack! Humble soi dog cons Bangkok taxi driver

webfact

I'm alright Jack! Humble soi dog cons Bangkok taxi driver

4p.jpg

Picture: Thairath 

BANGKOK: -- A video has gone share crazy on Thai social media as a soi dog makes a kind hearted taxi driver look a bit of a chump!

The footage shows the dog dragging its back legs and looking pitiful and helpless, reports Thairath.

Concerned viewers were asking themselves if it had suffered an accident as it makes its slow progress along the road.

Finally after the indifference of some, a good Samaritan taxi driver stops his cab and gets out to give some much needed assistance.

However, the cunning mutt has different ideas - as the driver prepares to cradle the soi dog it just walks off as if nothing was the matter.

The video amused millions online after it was posted on Facebook by Nannaphat Thaiudomsap. It has already been viewed by well in excess of two million people and shared many thousands of times.

Netizens seemed to think that the footage came from Soi Manthana near the Hua Chiaw University in the Samut Prakarn area south east of Bangkok.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-03

5 hours ago, jaywalker said:

The dog has ticks on its spine.

They will cause this.

You are right,

What is tick paralysis and how is it caused?

Tick paralysis is not a paralysis of the tick, but a paralysis in animals, which is caused by the tick. The females of the Dermacentor variabilis, D. andersoni, and Ixodes holocyclus (found in Australia) ticks secrete a toxin that affects the nervous system of mammals. It produces a flaccid (weak, with no muscular tone) paralysis. In some animals, only the hind limbs are affected. In others, the condition can ascend up the body and affect the front limbs and sometimes even the muscles required for respiration.

What are the signs of tick paralysis?

The signs of paralysis generally start 5-7 days after the ticks start feeding (it usually takes multiple ticks feeding simultaneously to elicit the paralysis). The first signs are weakness and incoordination in the hind legs. Several hours after the signs in the hind limbs start, the front legs are affected and soon the animal can not move any of his legs. Difficulty with breathing, chewing, and swallowing can be seen. The animal generally has no fever. Death can occur within hours from respiratory failure due to paralysis of the muscles necessary for respiration.

How is tick paralysis diagnosed?

The diagnosis is based on the sudden onset of paralysis, the rapid worsening of the condition, the season of the year, presence of ticks, and rapid recovery when the ticks are removed.

What is the treatment for tick paralysis?

The treatment for tick paralysis is basic , Remove the ticks. Most animals will quickly recover. If an animal is severely affected, supportive care and artificial respiration may be needed. There is an antitoxin that can be given if it is available and can be procured quickly.

Not all ticks carry this toxin and not all dogs are affected, hence the disease is only occasionally seen. Cats appear resistant to the toxin.

3 hours ago, doremifasol said:

You are right,

What is tick paralysis and how is it caused?

Tick paralysis is not a paralysis of the tick, but a paralysis in animals, which is caused by the tick. The females of the Dermacentor variabilis, D. andersoni, and Ixodes holocyclus (found in Australia) ticks secrete a toxin that affects the nervous system of mammals. It produces a flaccid (weak, with no muscular tone) paralysis. In some animals, only the hind limbs are affected. In others, the condition can ascend up the body and affect the front limbs and sometimes even the muscles required for respiration.

What are the signs of tick paralysis?

The signs of paralysis generally start 5-7 days after the ticks start feeding (it usually takes multiple ticks feeding simultaneously to elicit the paralysis). The first signs are weakness and incoordination in the hind legs. Several hours after the signs in the hind limbs start, the front legs are affected and soon the animal can not move any of his legs. Difficulty with breathing, chewing, and swallowing can be seen. The animal generally has no fever. Death can occur within hours from respiratory failure due to paralysis of the muscles necessary for respiration.

How is tick paralysis diagnosed?

The diagnosis is based on the sudden onset of paralysis, the rapid worsening of the condition, the season of the year, presence of ticks, and rapid recovery when the ticks are removed.

What is the treatment for tick paralysis?

The treatment for tick paralysis is basic , Remove the ticks. Most animals will quickly recover. If an animal is severely affected, supportive care and artificial respiration may be needed. There is an antitoxin that can be given if it is available and can be procured quickly.

Not all ticks carry this toxin and not all dogs are affected, hence the disease is only occasionally seen. Cats appear resistant to the toxin.

Well actually I don't think he is. The paralysis tick to my knowledge is native to Australia (which is written in what you posted) and as nasty as the little buggers are most dogs aren't affected. Being an Aussie I have seen dogs that have been though and you can't switch it on and off. Paralysed or not. If paralysed will remain so until the tick is removed. 

4 hours ago, starky said:

Well actually I don't think he is. The paralysis tick to my knowledge is native to Australia (which is written in what you posted) and as nasty as the little buggers are most dogs aren't affected. Being an Aussie I have seen dogs that have been though and you can't switch it on and off. Paralysed or not. If paralysed will remain so until the tick is removed. 

I saw it happen in Florida when I was a kid.

My ex  girl friend an animal doctor in the usa, told me this an anal gland problem in certain dogs, they have to scratch their butt which they do by dragging it on the ground. Seen  it many times. Always a simple answer.