Thai Man Left Fighting for his Life after Bike Crash with Foreigner

webfact

Thai Man Left Fighting for his Life after Bike Crash with Foreigner

By Danny Boy -

german-crash-1.jpg?fit=1037,692

Bike Crash leaves Thai Man Fighting for his Life

PATTAYA: -- At around 9:00pm on February 2nd, Pattaya police and emergency services were called to the scene of a bike crash involving a Thai and a foreigner.

The incident took place on Thepprasit Road, close to Soi 11.  At the scene police found Mr. Armin, a 60 year old German tourist, and his girlfriend with some minor injuries. The other victim, a 24 year old Thai man, was lying in the middle of the road, struggling to breath and fighting for his life.

Emergency treatment had to be carried out at the scene, including CPR, by the paramedics before it was considered safe to transport the body to a local hospital for further treatment.

One eye witness to the incident told police that he had seen Mr. Armin driving down the road pretty slowly, as if he was looking for a turning. He then started to turn into his Soi, presumably where he lives. At that point, the eye witness saw the Thai man coming from behind at high speed, but he couldn’t break in time and ended up crashing.

Speaking to Mr. Armin, he told police that he had been out with some friends and had been driving home with his girlfriend.

Accidents like this seem to be happening more and more these days and police made a statement urging drivers to lower their speeds when driving. Even late at night when there are less cars and traffic around, some of the roads in and around Pattaya are not in the best condition, and it’s very easy to lose control of your bike, especially at high speed.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/fighting-life-bike-crash/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-03

Headline Thai man fighting for life after accident with a foreigner.

Happens every day with Thais, but a foreigner, !! hang him jail him !! terrible crazy farang driving on Thais roads.

When i was fighting for my life after a Thai hit me with his pickup, no attention seaking headlines then.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Happens every day with Thais, but a foreigner, !! hang him jail him !! terrible crazy farang driving on Thais roads.

When i was fighting for my life after a Thai hit me with his pickup, no attention seaking headlines then.

Utter nonsense. Nothing whatsoever here about hang him jail him or crazy farang driving. On the contrary, police implicitly blamed the Thai: police made a statement urging drivers to lower their speeds. Did you need some headlines after your accident, petal? Farang get quite a lot here already. But enough w/ the paranoia and phony victimism. 

"At that point, the eye witness saw the Thai man coming from behind at high speed, but he couldn’t break in time and ended up crashing." The foolish Thai rider runs into the back of the foreigner, obviously not paying attention. Why doesn't the headline tell the truth "Stupid rider runs into the back of another motorcycle and is injured" really no need for rider origin?

Driving my car and trying to do a left turn can be a nightmare,indicating well before and gradual braking to let those behind know is useless at times,still get the idiots talking/on their phones and trying to underpass :unsure:

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Utter nonsense. Nothing whatsoever here about hang him jail him or crazy farang driving. On the contrary, police implicitly blamed the Thai: police made a statement urging drivers to lower their speeds. Did you need some headlines after your accident, petal? Farang get quite a lot here already. But enough w/ the paranoia and phony victimism. 

It's about the headline.

"Thai   fights for his life .... foreigner"

it sounds fishy and leads to wrong implications

when I read this I thought the foreigner was guilty

Edited by sweatalot

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

It's about the headline.

No implication about any guilt in that headline. Sorry.

Surviving on the roads of Thailand is an art but most times a nightmare, being home and driving here now certain things brings it all back

The Flashing Headlights

A Driver did it to me today and for a second I thought Hells Bells upset a Thai driver

Then the calm reality arrived as that nice polite educated experienced UK driver had flashed his head lights to tell me he was inviting us to join the traffic flow ahead of him and he was happy with me doing so

Dam Fine English Driver He Is, but most are here

yes be my guest join the flow with a flash of a head light very Civilised

OR in Thai I will kill you if you get in front of me or block my way

One less thing to worry about these days, Nice

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why do you have a tendency to say such bizarre things?  There was no suggestion of hanging or jailing the German, no one said he was a crazy or terrible foreigner, or even implied it.  If you actually took the time to read the report a witness suggested the Thai was at fault. 

Fire away with the nit-picking accusation now.

7 hours ago, sweatalot said:

It's about the headline.

It doesn't "sound fishy", a headline (and that's what it is, not a report) could hardly be more accurate in this case.  If you jump to wrong conclusions without reading the article then whose fault is that?

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Surviving on the roads of Thailand is an art but most times a nightmare, being home and driving here now certain things brings it all back

The Flashing Headlights

A Driver did it to me today and for a second I thought Hells Bells upset a Thai driver

Then the calm reality arrived as that nice polite educated experienced UK driver had flashed his head lights to tell me he was inviting us to join the traffic flow ahead of him and he was happy with me doing so

Dam Fine English Driver He Is, but most are here

yes be my guest join the flow with a flash of a head light very Civilised

OR in Thai I will kill you if you get in front of me or block my way

One less thing to worry about these days, Nice

But this is Thailand and in this country a headlamp flash means exactly the opposite so the other English driver would not have been a nice, polite, educated (how did you know that), experienced (how did you know that also), damn fine, very civilised driver,  he would have been a dangerous liability.

As long as you have enough nouse to be aware of which country you are driving in, something that you seem to have an issue with, you will have no problems with basic rules and will, yourself, not be a liability either.

18 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Having lived on this road and seen this daily. It is treated like a racetrack by many.

Only police presence is at each end, checking for???

No police to be seen in between.

Nothing will change until the laws are enforced.

There's a need for more police on the roads to enforce the law...These motorcyclist are out of control their like Kommunizma pilots...

I was parked at a U-turn in Bang Saray when 2 17 yr olds swerved to avoid a slow car and ran into me at 90kmsph.  The Thai police said it was my fault: crossing a major road from a minor + having a white face.

My Insurance paid for their treatment in ICU (200,000).  They asked me & my insurers for nearly 8 million compensation!  I've employed a lawyer who has got the claim down BUT my Insurers have agreed to pay 550,000 compensation.  This is despite the fact that the driver had NO Licence & one helmet between the two of them.

I've refused to pay & await my day in court.  I've also put my house up for sale - I don't feel safe any more.

13 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was parked at a U-turn in Bang Saray when 2 17 yr olds swerved to avoid a slow car and ran into me at 90kmsph.  The Thai police said it was my fault: crossing a major road from a minor + having a white face.

My Insurance paid for their treatment in ICU (200,000).  They asked me & my insurers for nearly 8 million compensation!  I've employed a lawyer who has got the claim down BUT my Insurers have agreed to pay 550,000 compensation.  This is despite the fact that the driver had NO Licence & one helmet between the two of them.

I've refused to pay & await my day in court.  I've also put my house up for sale - I don't feel safe any more.

The police in Thailand have no idea on who is in the wrong.  They are <deleted>$%king idiots, same as the Thai drivers.  Good on you for refusing to pay.  I would not be paying either.  All I can suggest is what my wife has said, install cameras in the car and on the bike.  They cannot lie or bullshit their way out of that.  

On 2/4/2017 at 3:37 AM, gdgbb said:

But this is Thailand and in this country a headlamp flash means exactly the opposite so the other English driver would not have been a nice, polite, educated (how did you know that), experienced (how did you know that also), damn fine, very civilised driver,  he would have been a dangerous liability.

As long as you have enough nouse to be aware of which country you are driving in, something that you seem to have an issue with, you will have no problems with basic rules and will, yourself, not be a liability either.

In Thailand, the short headlight flash is the relatively rare and polite 'after you' invitation whereas the long or multiple headlight flash is the  more common 'get outta my way, I'm coming through' warning.

Edited by NanLaew

In Thailand, the short headlight flash is the relatively rare and polite 'after you' invitation whereas the long or multiple headlight flash is the  more common 'get outta my way, I'm coming through' warning.

Have used the short headlight flash many times as 'after you' invitation, not once as any driver moved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 03/02/2017 at 6:27 PM, petermik said:

Driving my car and trying to do a left turn can be a nightmare,indicating well before and gradual braking to let those behind know is useless at times,still get the idiots talking/on their phones and trying to underpass :unsure:

Close the gap on the inside early ... can make the left turn a bit difficult especially if 'your turning circle' is poor. But better than getting a bigger problem.

I had a problem on Thursday late afternoon, I was joining Sukhumvit from a source close to BPH..... just for once the traffic to my right consisted of one car and a couple of m/bikes....I checked my n/s mirror for bikes ( nothing ) checked right side again  started to pull out and there was as almighty bang from a girl crashing into the front of me..,, according to witnesses she was traveling at high speed in the wrong direction, fortunately some m/bike taxi riders rushed over telling me it was her fault and they confirmed that to the police...just proves no matter how careful you are expect the unexpected 

As for my Revo..... I couldn't believe the amount of damage caused to it by a bike ( with little damage).....plastic fantastic....,do me a favor 

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Have used the short headlight flash many times as 'after you' invitation, not once as any driver moved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

What do you drive? I have sports lorry and usually I have to wave at them as well as they sit with the deer-in-the-headlights look while they ponder, "Is he saying I can go first?"

15 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I said : it leads to wrong implication

Do you understand the difference?

Be sorry for your misunderstanding

Only among our paranoids and professional victims, which is why I said enough. Of course anything can be read into anything, esp when one doesn't read the article; sorry I gave you credit for not being utterly trivial; yep, I should never overestimate. ;)

Edited by JSixpack

Even late at night when there are less cars and traffic around, some of the roads in and around Pattaya are not in the best condition, and it’s very easy to lose control of your bike, especially at high speed.

Speed is the number one killer on motorbikes everywhere. I learned this myself after I crashed once and did some research, I still ride, but take it a bit slower and cautiously. Best of luck for the injured man, hope he recovers and learned a good lesson.

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It isn't that at all; in Thailand a headlamp flash is an indication that that vehicle is there and is probably expecting right of way.  Anyone who takes it as anything else is deluded and living dangerously.