"The doctors told me he was dead!" Thai mum looks set to be reunited with her long lost 29 year old son.

rooster59

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, katana said:

I would imagine he had a colostomy bag fitted which is a relatively routine procedure compared to the one required to correct the birth defect.

I dont think there was anything wrong with him The Doctors lied about it to get the baby

Being reunited - or rather unite d with a sone after that amount of time is no picnic....for anyone involved - I hope they all get counselling.

I have to say that I find the banal "happiness" of this article VERY disturbing as it raises all sorts of issues that are in need of answering, it sheds a very dark light on Thai medical practices and totally ignores the psychological trauma that all partied involved mat suffer.

This is not an open and shut "heart warming" tale it should be the start of a major investigation into various malpractices involving those who were in authority at the time and we need to know if this is an isolated case or whether is was in fact part of a major recurrent criminal activity.

the mother has been deprived - on a lie - of her child....she will NEVER know the years of raising him herself; nothing can give that back

the son will now have also to come to terms with the fact that his life - however good was based on a deception.

His adopted parents will have to come to terms with the history - thet they ewere in one way or another duped when they set about adopting the boy in the first place.

the guy isn't 18 either......29 years is a lot of life to miss.

On 04/02/2017 at 5:24 AM, kannot said:

I can Imagine how  horrendous  things  must  have been 29 years ago for this to happen.....wonder how  much the authorities "sold"  him for "if" its true..................possibly more people trafficking

Let's believe and pray together that this indeed is a true story with the perfect ending for all, and also included is the perfect ending is the the ending of possible children steeling racket or money hungry hospital management. 

11 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

I dont think there was anything wrong with him The Doctors lied about it to get the baby

The OP states the mother had contact with the baby for several months before he was taken away (or the doctors claimed he died).

I think she would have examined him and been aware of the physical deformity mentioned since it would have been pretty apparent.

Now all they have to do is find someone competent and ethical to do the DNA testing.  Maybe send out of the country as I would trust the mail in places in Australia more than I would trust anyone in Thailand.

Hopefully it all works out in the end for the best as in my experience there is always an empty spot in both parent and child's life when separated like this.  Sometimes it works well after reuniting, sometimes not.  But most people have a relative they would rather not associate with, so nothing abnormal with this.

All the records are gone so there will be no recriminations if it is proven to be a match, but really in Thailand does anyone think there would be consequences?  Remember the doctor probably drives a Mercedes Benz so no blame can be attached.  Cynical, yes.  Accurate, unfortunately yes most of the time.

Cheers

On 2/4/2017 at 2:29 PM, Tomasf said:

What a heartbreaking yet an incredible story, IF it turns out that the D N A match. I hope for all concerned that it IS a happy ending

Will we ever know !  But he does resemble the Thai lady .

17 hours ago, Canceraid said:

the poor  Dutch parents......now they will have more mouths to feed!

Why ?  If she really is his birth mother, he has a good job and earning his own money.  As they sometimes say in  LOS   "up to you"

5 hours ago, Litlos said:

Now all they have to do is find someone competent and ethical to do the DNA testing.  Maybe send out of the country as I would trust the mail in places in Australia more than I would trust anyone in Thailand.

Hopefully it all works out in the end for the best as in my experience there is always an empty spot in both parent and child's life when separated like this.  Sometimes it works well after reuniting, sometimes not.  But most people have a relative they would rather not associate with, so nothing abnormal with this.

All the records are gone so there will be no recriminations if it is proven to be a match, but really in Thailand does anyone think there would be consequences?  Remember the doctor probably drives a Mercedes Benz so no blame can be attached.  Cynical, yes.  Accurate, unfortunately yes most of the time.

Cheers

They have got Police on Koh Tao who are 'very good' at DNA testing, do it there !

17 hours ago, Alan Deer said:

Being reunited - or rather united with a some after that amount of time is no picnic....for anyone involved - I hope they all get counselling.

Usually true Alan, but in this case there's' so much going for    a happy "picnic" as set out on both sides;-  1. in what his intentions are to find her , 2. the mothers incredible yearning to hug him . 3. her acceptance of the Dutch foster parents with "open arms" and    4. her saying    "it will be the best thing that ever happened" .    

Just two  challenges I see are his possible lack of Thai language (did I get this right?) and her wanting to see a lot more of him? and vice versa. Who knows what "generosity" the Dutch couple might forego depending on the desires of mother and her very-adult son?     Some things are moved in beautifully "mysterious ways". 

Sounds like we're all waiting for more happy follow-up information.  

3 hours ago, Jing Joe said:

Usually true Alan, but in this case there's' so much going for    a happy "picnic" as set out on both sides;-  1. in what his intentions are to find her , 2. the mothers incredible yearning to hug him . 3. her acceptance of the Dutch foster parents with "open arms" and    4. her saying    "it will be the best thing that ever happened" .    

Just two  challenges I see are his possible lack of Thai language (did I get this right?) and her wanting to see a lot more of him? and vice versa. Who knows what "generosity" the Dutch couple might forego depending on the desires of mother and her very-adult son?     Some things are moved in beautifully "mysterious ways". 

Sounds like we're all waiting for more happy follow-up information.  

You have an impossibly naive assessment of this situation - it isn't just a simple "reunion" this has taken place over a period of 29 years and will take years to resolve - like winning the lottery it is not a guaranty of a happy-ever-after

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 3:40 AM, soalbundy said:

probably more like, the operation was carried out and the child died, the parents cant pay so the body belongs to us, sign here and you are debt free.

Or: dekdek taai laeo. kin khaow yang? Khrap.

12 hours ago, Alan Deer said:

You have an impossibly naive assessment of this situation - it isn't just a simple "reunion" this has taken place over a period of 29 years and will take years to resolve - like winning the lottery it is not a guaranty of a happy-ever-after

Thank you Alan for your assessment but I still reckon there's a lot going for a happy picnic and have spoken with people, seen TV docos  about just this, and have read quite a bit about those who have also had quite favourable circumstances going for such reunions.  Yes Alan I agree and did mention the realistic possibility of quite a few things needing sorting out afterwards  for long term. Up to them.  I'm an optimist, positive,  and I may be naive but what other people think of me is none of my business, unless of course  I'm hurting them.   

There have been quite a few possibly-acrimonious posts that are less than positive that you may prefer to respond to? 

Peace be with you.

51 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

Thank you Alan for your assessment but I still reckon there's a lot going for a happy picnic and have spoken with people, seen TV docos  about just this, and have read quite a bit about those who have also had quite favourable circumstances going for such reunions.  Yes Alan I agree and did mention the realistic possibility of quite a few things needing sorting out afterwards  for long term. Up to them.  I'm an optimist, positive,  and I may be naive but what other people think of me is none of my business, unless of course  I'm hurting them.   

There have been quite a few possibly-acrimonious posts that are less than positive that you may prefer to respond to? 

Peace be with you.

" seen TV docos " - how unfortunate that your understanding is limited only to TV and your own single experience.

I get extremely frustrated by those who think that watching a TV show is the equivalent to studying and researching a subject for years. the sad thing about a TV show is they have a "plot" to sell and that plot only covers a brief snapshot in time - the reality even of a heart-warming TV show is often quite different.

You might want to look at the current anguish experienced by the stolen generations in both Canada and Australia......

This adoption has a crime as its basis and the issuers need to be addressed - and quite frankly if you think one week of "happy,happy" news is all it takes then you comprehension of this situation is somewhat shallow.

There is a new movie called LION which is the story of an Indian boy who got lost when he was 5 years old, survived on the streets for a year or two, got adopted out to an Australian couple, and finally aged in his late 20's, looked for his family, traveled back to India, and ............ Did he find them or did he not?  A great movie

• 2 weeks later...