Bye Bye True Visions

splodger

The delay of 5 minutes is on live TV, the 15 minutes is the BUFFER that it builds up on the catch-up by downloading as fast as possible when the connection is good so it can bridge over the periods of poor throughput. I used it in my hotel in India with a nominal 1Mbps connection, start the evening news then pause whilst I had a shower, come out of the shower at watch the news uninterrupted :)

ThaiExpatTV has add-on packages for your sport and other stuff, I don't use them as I'm not a great sports fan, I do use ilikeHD for cricket and F1 which are best watched live.

17 hours ago, prk888 said:

pm me as UK is my viewing driver

I've been using ThaiExpat TV for three years now, and can't fault them.

As I don't want programmes made about guns, gangsters, mobs and violence, I find that getting a good UK service of BBC and ITV selection, along with Australia +, is more than adequate.   There's even two BBC channels for kids.

All channels are available for the previous 10 days, and no problems skipping the adverts.

Last year I bought a set-top box and this allows remote control of all channels.

Well worth trying their free trial.  My wi-fi is 10mB and is handled well.

In my experience Thaiexpattv and 365sports are the most reliable and  longest playback option but not as many channel options as others.

I used Iviewhd and flawless each for one month and were good as they had so many channels from the UK and US but no playback.

Subscribed to pulse for a year in the end as they have a sports and UK channels with 24 hrs playback and the main Thai channels and you can use on 4 devices.

IMHO I don't think there aren't any better options than the ones mentioned above.

We LOVE Thai Expat TV. We are running 3BB 10 Mbps in Paknampran and 99% + of the time it is like watching TV in the UK. We also have 365SportTV and apart from not being able to watch the Manchester Derby as it failed (no idea why!) the service has been faultless. 

Has anyone tried Expat Premium TV (not to be confused with Thai Expat TV). Pulse seems a little bit expensive, they also don't offer a free trial to see if it works on the tv setup. Some members have also mentioned that Pulse is less than perfect once bought?

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Has anyone tried Expat Premium TV (not to be confused with Thai Expat TV). Pulse seems a little bit expensive, they also don't offer a free trial to see if it works on the tv setup. Some members have also mentioned that Pulse is less than perfect once bought?

Expat premium is part of Thai expat and 365sports and is equally reliable

My only problems with pulse so far have seemed to be with my internet

19 hours ago, Jdietz said:

I'm finding this is becoming plagued with Thai adverts.... They seems to just butt in while you're watching, and then freeze  before continuing - often 3-4 times before returning to the streaming video.  Sometime lose the streaming video for 4-5 minutes whilst the Thai ad plays (even though it's only around 5 seconds in total).  Anyone else experience this or know how to avoid it???

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

I'm finding this is becoming plagued with Thai adverts.... They seems to just butt in while you're watching, and then freeze  before continuing - often 3-4 times before returning to the streaming video.  Sometime lose the streaming video for 4-5 minutes whilst the Thai ad plays (even though it's only around 5 seconds in total).  Anyone else experience this or know how to avoid it???

Use  mobdro instead if you want to go the free route

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Not sure but wouldn't an ad blocker do the trick? I use FilmOn and never seen an advert yet ( I have ad blocker on my iPad)

7 hours ago, masuk said:

I've been using ThaiExpat TV for three years now, and can't fault them.

As I don't want programmes made about guns, gangsters, mobs and violence, I find that getting a good UK service of BBC and ITV selection, along with Australia +, is more than adequate.   There's even two BBC channels for kids.

All channels are available for the previous 10 days, and no problems skipping the adverts.

Last year I bought a set-top box and this allows remote control of all channels.

Well worth trying their free trial.  My wi-fi is 10mB and is handled well.

Cost and Contact Details Please ?

On 2/4/2017 at 11:16 PM, Jdietz said:

I use that but I frequently get a message saying that 'the video cannot be played'. Yet, I can watch the same programme on my television and my phone at the same time and can continue to watch on one whilst I re-set the other. Also, I've noticed a time lag between the two at times.

Alan

22 hours ago, Patanawet said:

I can't recommend Thaiexpat.tv highly enough.

About 650 baht per month for the basic channels (all UK free to air channels).

Watch via your computer --- via HDMI cable to your TV. And control via a wireless mouse.

OR no computer required ------ purchase an Android box. This is a small box the size of a couple of cigarette packets for about 6k Baht. This goes on top of your TV, so no computer involved (but broadband LAN or wifi still required).

They offer a couple of days free trial to see if your broadband and computer are fast enough.

https://www.thaiexpat.tv/

The set top box negates the need for a 50 metre HDMI cable.

Available all over Asia AND on my smart-phone!

PS I have no interest in Thaiexpat other than a satisfied customer.

PPS Do not confuse this with another company with a very similar name.

PPS Absolutely no set-up needed. Download the free player and type in user name and password.

I looked at their website, and was wary when I read "As channels are constantly changing please contact us for a full up to date channel list" ...yes, just like true perhaps ?

Still waiting on a reply from them for their up to date list ! And their Uk + Aussie package supposedly has 12 "quality" Australian channels ...don't know how they manage that as there are not 12 quality channels on air !

A few hours after I my last post I received the reply I had been waiting for from thaiexpat.tv, pointing me to http://www.thaiexpat.tv/package.php. Why they could not just link that on their website instead of saying "contact us" I have no idea ! I still cannot find a link to that page from the website .......seems to be an orphan !

23 minutes ago, MikeN said:

A few hours after I my last post I received the reply I had been waiting for from thaiexpat.tv, pointing me to http://www.thaiexpat.tv/package.php. Why they could not just link that on their website instead of saying "contact us" I have no idea ! I still cannot find a link to that page from the website .......seems to be an orphan !

I had the same response. And they have no sports at all but install an app on their box for 365 Sport who you then have pay extra for sports channels. No thanks. I'll go with iviewhd. Much cheaper, far more channels.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I had the same response. And they have no sports at all but install an app on their box for 365 Sport who you then have pay extra for sports channels. No thanks. I'll go with iviewhd. Much cheaper, far more channels.

No playback though. Great for sports but not much on when you watch normal tv in the evening here.

Thats why i chose Pulsetv

If you live in the Bangkok area and are interested in getting unlimited access to On-Demand TV series / Movies etc as well as live TV channels worldwide (plus sports) then feel free to PM me for more information.

This is for Macs or Windows PCs/laptops which you just connect to your TV via HDMI (or of course just watch from your laptop).

12 hours ago, Mooner said:

No playback though. Great for sports but not much on when you watch normal tv in the evening here.

Thats why i chose Pulsetv

If it wasn't illegal I could download loads of UK tv series over the internet to fill my evenings ;) I'm really only looking for sport, as UKTV has all the Freeview channels for zero cash. Iviewhd charges 650 for a sports only package with many more channels, and much cheaper than Pulse.

54 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If it wasn't illegal I could download loads of UK tv series over the internet to fill my evenings ;) I'm really only looking for sport, as UKTV has all the Freeview channels for zero cash. Iviewhd charges 650 for a sports only package with many more channels, and much cheaper than Pulse.

I have just requested a free trial with ExpatPremium, they have all the Sky sports and many more, there are 3 viewing package deals available. You don't get BBC or the ITV programs, but the history and other channels more than make up for them. Have watched it for two days now and are more than happy with it. Reception is very good with no buffering, 8 day playback too.

Are there any alternatives to Try Visions for those of us who do not have good/fast internet connections?

Out where I live the only internet option is ToT broadband and it is slow and often goes down.

But I sure would love all alternative to True Visions...especially since they dropped BBC.

55 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I quite like the new channels. I prefer them to the HBO stuff they took off. The Platinum package is worth every baht to get every Premiership football match alone. The last couple of months they have discounted mine down to around 1750 bht. I never asked for anything either.

You can get their Premier League football for 299 baht, although I think you have to have another package too. I have a 299 family package as well to keep them happy.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

You can get their Premier League football for 299 baht, although I think you have to have another package too. I have a 299 family package as well to keep them happy.

I don't mind the Platinum package to be honest. There is plenty of English channels there and some carry a good bit of fishing related stuff too.

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I had Iviewhd but watching uk afternoon tv in the evening here is awful.

Few good US channels but i watch all my series and movies through Kodi so no need for them.

As mentioned i made my decision on the 24hr playback and that you can have it on 4 devices on the same internet connection.

I share mine with 2 other westerners who have android boxes so they have contributed to the cost which has also made pulse the cheapest option for me. 

28 minutes ago, Mooner said:

I had Iviewhd but watching uk afternoon tv in the evening here is awful.

Few good US channels but i watch all my series and movies through Kodi so no need for them.

As mentioned i made my decision on the 24hr playback and that you can have it on 4 devices on the same internet connection.

I share mine with 2 other westerners who have android boxes so they have contributed to the cost which has also made pulse the cheapest option for me. 

I understand you, but we might be looking for different things. I don't want live afternoon UK tv, which I have now for free anyway with UKTV. I'm mainly after Premier League complete with the 24/7 coverage that IMG put out around the world and that CTH used to broadcast on Stadium 6. True/Bein don't do that, but a station in Singapore does and that's available on iviewhd. I admit the playback option could be a deciding factor for me though so I don't have to stay up all night to watch the UK evening kick-offs.

Archived