Cricket

nobody should :D

nobody should toru zimbabwe untill they find out what toru means?????

Maybe it means play with spuds instead of cricket balls, paddies wouldn't know the difference. :o

Yes toru Zimbabwe they need more toru's :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Bronco, Sri Lanka's tour of Zimbabwe gave the chucker a chance for easy wickets and an edge over Warne. But, I think he should get the same chance . Sure he has played a alot of alot more tests than Murali but the chucker plays alot more games on the sub-continent where spin is the game compared to Aussie pitches!!

Looks like the toru is over, 6 of the white players are back apparently but the ICC meet Friday and will discuss zimbabwe's test status. I know which way Malcom Speed will vote, the zimbabwe cricket board refused to see him, so he travelled back and was not a happy chappy. :o

The funniest story I heard was about the "chucker".

The president (or whatever his title is) of ceylon has threatened to sue the ICC if the "chucker's" "dusna" remains outlawed.

Talk about sport in politics if you get my drift.

The president (or whatever his title is) of ceylon has threatened to sue the ICC if the "chucker's" "dusna" remains outlawed.

Sue the ICC Bronco. That ain't likely to be a breeze or a pushover :o

Sue the ICC Bronco. That ain't likely to be a breeze or a pushover :o

Will be interesting to see the reactions from the darker nations if Zimbabwe lose their test status.

Five of the rebels have been named in the squad, the ICC meeting is tonight and they name the side tomorrow, could be a squad of convenience. Mugabe is one of the selectors remember. :D

Yes but He did the crime and He's done the time, but he seems to be an obsession of yours, and you really sound like a broken record. Say what you like about him he is still a great (non cheating) bowler.

If you really want to vent your wrath on Aussie Sportsmen, how about a change of subject, Rugby League, plenty of ammo there. :o

The latest news on the toru of Zimbabwe.

The Zimbabwe Cricket Union has just announced it cannot field a competitive side to play against Australia.

This announcement comes prior to the ICC meeting to decide the test status of the Zimbabwe national side.

I guess that makes the ICC decision that much easier and the flack from the sub-continent, if any meaningless.

:o

The latest news on the toru of Zimbabwe.

The Zimbabwe Cricket Union has just announced it cannot field a competitive side to play against Australia.

This announcement comes prior to the ICC meeting to decide the test status of the Zimbabwe national side.

I guess that makes the ICC decision that much easier and the flack from the sub-continent, if any meaningless.

:o

It was destined for failure Bronc. Shagged is the technical term.

• Like 1

Maybe the Zimbabwe cricket board should have announced they coudn't field a side against Sr Lanka either. It might sound radical but they should strip test status from the recent series and call them first class matches. Or maybe Australia and every other test nation should get an extra series against Bangladesh :D Stats are important in cricket not fair one team gets to build them up at the exlusion of others :o

It doesn't look like anyone will be toruing Zimbabwe for a while now.

The test series has been called off but the Aussies will remain and play 3 onedayers against a club (and irish) standard side.

It looks like the end for Zimbawe as a test cricketing nation whose future will now be decided at an ICC meeting on 27 june.

According to Bob Merriman, Cricket Australia Chairman, the test matches have been adjourned for at least 4 years but they could be long gone by then.

Zimbabwe was a better side when it entered test cricket 12 years ago then it is now. In it's time as a test nation it has won just 8 of it's 75 matches and 4 of them were against Bangladesh.

Recent tests in Bulawayo and Harare have seen more players and officials in attendance than spectators.

Mugabe got his way by the look of things.