Patriots rally to stun Falcons in Super Bowl thriller

webfact

Patriots rally to stun Falcons in Super Bowl thriller

r17.jpg

Feb 5, 2017; Houston, TX, USA; New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola (80) scores on a two point conversion to tie the game against the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth quarter during Super Bowl LI at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

HOUSTON (Reuters) - The New England Patriots stormed back from a 25-point deficit to win their fifth Super Bowl with a stunning 34-28 overtime win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday in the National Football League's championship game.

The Patriots, who seemed to have nothing go their way all night, came alive with a 19-point fourth quarter to force overtime where they put the finishing touches on their record comeback when James White scored on a two-yard run.

With the win, Tom Brady becomes the first quarterback to win five Super Bowl championships and, at 39, the second oldest at his position to win the NFL's biggest prize.

(Reporting by Steve Keating; Editing by Frank Pingue)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-02-06

Certainly the best Super Bowl evah. Maybe the best football game, evah. 

5 rings. As a Boston guy, I was a basket case. Despair to jubilation in an hour. 

Wow!!! What a game. One for the ages. Everything will be compared to this game for now on. 

And to all you haters out there...tsk

They should be back there next year. Who is going to beat them? 

9 hours ago, khwaibah said:

The number one cheating team in the NFL par none.:ph34r: As a game it was great.:post-4641-1156694572:

Are you alluding to inflate-gate? If you are, I just wonder why the blame was on Brady only; didn't the officials touch the ball at least every down, in every game?

Are you alluding to inflate-gate? If you are, I just wonder why the blame was on Brady only; didn't the officials touch the ball at least every down, in every game?

An ex pro player told me it would be near impossible to feel, but would be effective.

sent using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, stevenl said:

An ex pro player told me it would be near impossible to feel, but would be effective.

sent using Tapatalk

If memory serves, the balls were only allegedly underinflated in the 1st half...when NE was only leading the Colts by 10. In the 2nd half when the balls were "officially" back to normal, NE CRUSHED the Colts 28-0 for a 45-7 ass stomping. Seems the Colts would have been better served had the ball boy kept his mouth shut and the balls remained allegedly underinflated!

Biggest load of crap and NFL non-event ever. Assuredly, Goodell hated handing the Lombardi Trophy over to Brady and Belichick while Tom and Bill basked in it...again. :clap2:

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

sent using Tapatalk

Well, I played American football for 12 years--high school, college, semi-pro, and military league. I do not believe it would be near impossible to feel whether a ball was under-inflated or not.  Compare it to a bicycle tire. Do you think you could feel an under-inflated bicycle tire.  Also, you must remember, not every player touches the ball all the time--many players go through an entire game and never touch it. However, the officials touch the ball every down.

Well, I played American football for 12 years--high school, college, semi-pro, and military league. I do not believe it would be near impossible to feel whether a ball was under-inflated or not.  Compare it to a bicycle tire. Do you think you could feel an under-inflated bicycle tire.  Also, you must remember, not every player touches the ball all the time--many players go through an entire game and never touch it. However, the officials touch the ball every down.

Yes, I can not feel it if a bicycle tyre is with a few psi underinflated.

sent using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

I'll bet you could if you were a professional bicycle tire official. 

Sure mate.

I know who I believe: a professional player from who I know he knows what he is talking about, or somebody on an anonomys internetforum who claims to know better.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Sure mate.

I know who I believe: a professional player from who I know he knows what he is talking about, or somebody on an anonomys internetforum who claims to know better.

Well, am I supposed to take the word of somebody who claims he talked to somebody who says they were a pro football player?

You believe who you want.

I simply ask you to think. It is a fact that every game ball is handled by NFL officials every down. I suggest an NFL official who handles the game balls every down every game should know the feel of a properly inflated ball.

Is that too far-fetched for you to consider?  

Well, am I supposed to take the word of somebody who claims he talked to somebody who says they were a pro football player?

You believe who you want.

I simply ask you to think. It is a fact that every game ball is handled by NFL officials every down. I suggest an NFL official who handles the game balls every down every game should know the feel of a properly inflated ball.

Is that too far-fetched for you to consider?  

Considered from the beginning, but don't agree with it.

sent using Tapatalk