Two months late with 800G deposit, what to do?

1 hour ago, Jimeo47 said:

On 8th August 2016 my Non-Immigrant O multiple entry visa was issued, and at the time Andrew (Consul) said you can only get them from Sydney or Canberra now. I'll go and see him in June when I go back to Brisbane for a visit just to make sure. I was just going to keep getting the non O's, but if I can't I'll have to bite the bullet and get the retirement extension.

I am 100% sure can't get them I am telling you it has all changed I had to get the retirement one In Canberra.

i am from Melbourne.

you need to go through all the  checks now   trying to clean up the  criminals from going to thailand with the non o visa.

if you are not a criminal you will not have a problem.

Once you have the retirement one you have it for two years , but after year one you have to go thai  immigration and get a  multi-entry again for the next year.

mine just run out am not getting a retirement one again not need it now can just fly in and out with  normal tourist Visa .

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

In any event, if he's American is there some special waiver or whatever?

There is no special waiver for Americans. They still need have real income to do a income affidavit but they do not have to show proof to do it which is the same as some other countries.

• Like 1

You can get a non-imp-O Visa in Savannakhet. (You cannot get it in Vientiane )

I got a multy entry, 12 month NonImp 0 there 3 month ago.  ( no finance needed. )

Cost 5.000 Bht.

You will then get 90 days stay in Thailand when you return to Mukdahan Thailand.

Anytime within those 90 days you can get 12 month extension if you can show income of 800.000 Bht. pr. Year, or that you have had 800.000 bht. In a Thai bank for the last 2 month.

If you cannot show that, you cannot get an extension, but will have to go out of Thailand, and back in, to get  90 days again. ( Can do that in one day )

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no special waiver for Americans. They still need have real income to do a income affidavit but they do not have to show proof to do it which is the same as some other countries.

Thank you Joe, clear answer as always.

Off topic a bit but I'll share the reason why I asked. A Thai lady in my outer family recently met a 45 year old US guy who came here to teach.

He claims US citizens do not need a work permit to work here and when he's sixty he can automatically get a 'Thai lifetime retirement pass, no need for any annual renewal etc'. 

The guy is full of himself, however he claims all of the above comes from the expert teacher agent he found on-line who got him a job. He's never met the agent but paid a 100,00Baht fee to the agent by bank transfer. 

I asked him whether he had any government issue regulation documents in regard to a waiver about WP or about the  'Thai lifetime retirement pass, no need for any annual renewal etc'. 

His response: 'not needed for US citizens'. 

Edited by scorecard

50 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

I am 100% sure can't get them I am telling you it has all changed I had to get the retirement one In Canberra.

i am from Melbourne.

you need to go through all the  checks now   trying to clean up the  criminals from going to thailand with the non o visa.

Once you have the retirement one you have it for two years , but after year one you have to go thai  immigration and get a  multi-entry again for the next year.

mine just run out am not getting a retirement one again not need it now can just fly in and out with  normal tourist Visa .

just to clear this up I will share a little history up to a point

Types of visa we are talking about that you need to begin the extension process inside Thailand

60 day tourist visa (obtained in home country or neighboring country to Thailand)

- can be used to apply for a 12 month extension but needs to be converted to single Type O in BKK

Single entry Type O (obtained in home country or neighboring country to Thailand)

- can start the 12 month extension process during the first 30 days of entry to Thailand

The single 90 day type O is available in most home countries from Thai Embassy

Multiple entry 12 Month type O  (varies country to country but could generally be considered as no longer available unless married/children or in receipt of state pension and over 65)

Type O-A generally referred to as a retirement Visa obtained in home country  only and subject to Police - medical checks - funds  and over 50

All the above requiring the usual funding/income seasoning qualification for 12 month extension in Thailand

For the OP as already advised option 2 above would be easiest unless you can get an Immigration official to bend slightly or get an agent to sort it for 12k baht (if in Pattaya) for renewal.....for 12kbaht your funds suddenly become seasoned :)

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

He claims US citizens do not need a work permit to work here and when he's sixty he can automatically get a 'Thai lifetime retirement pass, no need for any annual renewal etc'.

Total nonsense. The only thing different for US citizens is the Amity treaty that allow them to have 100%ownership  of a company and perhaps tax breaks under the double taxation treaty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, koo said:

800G deposit? That's 800 giga baht = 800.000.000.000 baht. 

I guess 800k (=kilo) = 800.000 baht would be appropriate for the mentioned reason.

800.000 Baht= 800 Baht. Far short of what is needed.

800.000.000.000 Baht = 800 Baht

Edited by elgenon
forgot to sign up for replies

basically what you do is to get another 90 day non o visa, for which you need to sow 800k funds

available.

perhaps in penang

then near the end of that 90 days you again apply for the retirement visa/extension based on retirement, assuming that now you have the required 800k funds in the bank account.

which is that you wait with another visa until you do have the required funds and retry the approval application.

as ubonjoe suggests.

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Like I said try for not o visa no way 

making people go back to there country to do them because now you need a  criminal  check .

you did it 9 years ago and you are saying you can get it at Vientiane, I tried 2 years ago with no  success so I think I would no more about then you .

what you read on here is not all ways right, like people like you that are not with the new visa rules and make  comments .

Tell me George, just what is a 'Retirement Visa' as you know best!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jorgendk said:

800000 Bath in Thai Account, or 800000 income pr. year for retirement.

400000 Bath in Thai account or 400000 income pr. year if married with Thai.

800,000 baht in a Thai bank account or a monthly income of 65,000 baht for retirement (65,000 x 12 = 780,000)

Can be a combination of the two.

400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, or a monthly income of 40,000 baht for marriage (40,000 x 12 = 480,000)

No combination allowed.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

just to clear this up I will share a little history up to a point

Types of visa we are talking about that you need to begin the extension process inside Thailand

60 day tourist visa (obtained in home country or neighboring country to Thailand)

- can be used to apply for a 12 month extension but needs to be converted to single Type O in BKK

Single entry Type O (obtained in home country or neighboring country to Thailand)

- can start the 12 month extension process during the first 30 days of entry to Thailand

The single 90 day type O is available in most home countries from Thai Embassy

Multiple entry 12 Month type O  (varies country to country but could generally be considered as no longer available unless married/children or in receipt of state pension and over 65)

Type O-A generally referred to as a retirement Visa obtained in home country  only and subject to Police - medical checks - funds  and over 50

All the above requiring the usual funding/income seasoning qualification for 12 month extension in Thailand

For the OP as already advised option 2 above would be easiest unless you can get an Immigration official to bend slightly or get an agent to sort it for 12k baht (if in Pattaya) for renewal.....for 12kbaht your funds suddenly become seasoned :)

Like I say you can't get the non - o 

in Australia any more 

you can get the O-A yes for retirement 

you can get 60 days Yes tourists visa 

and 6 months tourist visa 

BUT YOU CAN'T get the non-o visa it has been stop in Australia for the last 2 years.

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You think you know more then ubonjoe, but you don't. he knows a lot about the old and the new visa rules unlike you who only knows a bit from own experience. do some research on him before you start talking nonsense

Are you being a smart ??? I am tell you from Australia get a life .

i not need to research no one get it , that is the laws in Australia for thai visa now .

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Are you being a smart ??? I am tell you from Australia get a life .

i not need to research no one get it , that is the laws in Australia for thai visa now .

you need to read better: "like people like you that are not with the new visa rules and make  comments . "

ubonjoe know way more about current rules then you do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, georgemandm said:

i am from Melbourne.

Well l just received friday last  week my Multi entry non O based on marriage from the Thai Embassy in Canberra, no problems at all, took 1 week plus mail time and $225.00. Only thing that has changed since last year is it is Canberra rather  than Melbourne.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

you need to read better: "like people like you that are not with the new visa rules and make  comments . "

ubonjoe know way more about current rules then you do.

Are you joking I did it here the way I say you have to do you have no idea 

i not give one s???  About who you are talking about ubonjoe this is the new laws in Australia to get a visa to thailand so go pay your  drum to some one else not me 

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Like I say you can't get the non - o 

That depends upon the basis for getting one. For being 50 or over it would be no. For marriage to a Thai being the parent of a Thai and etc it is possible to get one.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the basis for getting one. For being 50 or over it would be no. For marriage to a Thai being the parent of a Thai and etc it is possible to get one.

I agree with the married to a thai yes .

but the o-a Retirement Has to be done in Australia for  Australians wanting to live in thailand that is the new laws for  singles .

so you see ubonjoe you are great at what you do , but some of the so called no alls get on here and give bad  advice . 

It was changed some 3 years ago as you all ready no .

to stop the  criminals getting in to thailand on the non-o and  then change it to an extension of stay .

with out  police checks and  medicals in their own country .

i am talking about  Single men retiring in thailand.

not married.

8 hours ago, dentonian said:

800,000 baht in a Thai bank account or a monthly income of 65,000 baht for retirement (65,000 x 12 = 780,000)

Can be a combination of the two.

400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, or a monthly income of 40,000 baht for marriage (40,000 x 12 = 480,000)

No combination allowed.

I know that the Thai law say 40,000 baht monthly income , and that is 480,000

I therefore asked the Danish embassy to verify my monthly income.

The embassy wrote a back in the letter to the emigration, the amount I have pr. month in Danish Kr. and what that is equivalent to in baht.

The emigration would however not accept that, but did there own calculation.

They wanted to use my Danish monthly income x 12, and then use there currency exchange rate of the day to change it to baht.

The emigration then told me, that as my yearly income is more than 780,000 baht by there calculation I could get the 12-month extension either for retirement or as marred with Thai.

I picked up my extension, on grounds of marred with Thai yesterday.

I know the thai law say 40,000 pr. month, but if this emigration insist on using 400,000 Pr. year, I am not going to complain.

You should know that there is often differens from emigration to emigration in Thailand 

9 minutes ago, bangkokbanjo said:

The more i read the more confused i get. Oy. Here goes. Im here on a 60 day single entry visa. I am over 50 and want a retirement visa. I am getting an affadavit of income from the US embassy. Once I have that affadavit, what are my next steps. Thank you in advance.

The first step will be to apply for a non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate or do a change of visa status at a immigration office (not all offices can do it) to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 entry apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at your local immigration office.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

I agree with the married to a thai yes .

but the o-a Retirement Has to be done in Australia for  Australians wanting to live in thailand that is the new laws for  singles .

so you see ubonjoe you are great at what you do , but some of the so called no alls get on here and give bad  advice . 

It was changed some 3 years ago as you all ready no .

to stop the  criminals getting in to thailand on the non-o and  then change it to an extension of stay .

with out  police checks and  medicals in their own country .

i am talking about  Single men retiring in thailand.

not married.

no wonder you're single lol

anyway I thought you could still get a single 90 day type O

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Thanks but cant i just do it in one step at immigration? Since i have the affadavit ?

No you cannot.

Even the first step of getting a non immigrant visa is really two steps at immigration. You apply for it and then have to return in 15 days to get the visa/entry stamps.